What's new

Major proportion of Arjun tanks in service not operational

Non-availbilty of spares that leads to low serviceability rates of their frontline equipment is something that has plagued the Indian armed forces for a LONG time, they are only now beginning to learn their lesson.

The DM said this issue with the MKIs would be addressed i.e. they would now store far more spares
, I'm sure he will ensure similar treatment for the MBT fleet.

Source?

This is blessing in disguise. . Falls in place for Modijis make in India plan , more private sector involment.

Army procurement kickbacks not coming in is really hurting some Gernails... so this is going to happen.... they will push back at anything that does not allow them to make money.
of course evil Indian Army is forcing pious DRDO babudom to delay its products be it Arjun or LCA or Kaveri !

Arey bhaiyya Armata aa gaiil ba,arjunwa ke tanik side kar dijiye :lol:

It would be unwise to blame everything on the army general's shoulder. Yes, army haven't been very supportive of the project right from the inception, but still allegations of kickbacks for every mundane thing isn't good. It should be kept in mind that if the actual need arose to use these machines, it would not be you or me or rest of us going to drive these tanks in the battlefield, but these soldiers, and if these machines malfunctions or not up to their paper specifications, they would loose their lives FIRST.

Every machine needs periodic maintenance to keep it up to the mark be it car, bike, a/c anything... than a complex mechanical machine such as Tank with thousands of moving parts would need obviously more maintenance. when we give our car to service center, how much time do we expect it to be returned back to us. May be one day or two days, isn't it we want it back to us as soon as possible??................... now if the tank is sent for maintenance (general wear and tear), after how much time should our army expect it to be returned, may be one week, two week or two months (from the article it appears two months is more likely),

Now why army men would give a damm... to the reasons of delay due to maintenance woes of DRDO (more, specifically service centre department). They have a job to do and that is "Protection of the Country" and they need their weapons to fulfill their obligations. Why should they concern themselves with the intricacies of the service center? whether the spare part had to be repaired in India or sent abroad to there O.E.M for reparation, they should be concerned only with their preparedness.

The actual serviceability or combat readiness could never be revealed to media (public) for obvious reasons. But the matter at hand is very serious. There appears to be many genuine concerns faced by all the parties involved. Our DM, should definitely involve his personal nose in the matter, and address the matters of concern. And for serious aggravators be it from army, or DRDO or any other department......a PINK SLIP would definitely serve as a panacea...

Thanx

And who's job is it to maintain the Tanks ? Do you know what the Army Base Workshop is ?

If the Army base workshop are filled with incompetent idiots, why blame DRDO or MoD ? :coffee:

Find out what Indian Army, Corps of Electrical & Mechanical Engineers does.

There maybe new technologies involved but what i fail to understand is that India has had the nucleus of both aircraft and Tank manufacturing industry for some 50 years, yet it's still dogged by issues even for the manufacturing of say the Sitara trainer.

You are talking about trainer? HAL is building combat helicopters, home grown fighters and many more.
And if you comparing it with Pakistan then HAL also building so many products under ToT which includes Fighter Aircrafts like MKIs and they sold Dornier Do 228 to others as well.

Indigenous tank, 60% imported components. 124 Tanks only? LOL. Even the Army doesn't want these and Airforce doesn't want LCA.

Yes, but Pakistani defense undertakings are run by their Army which makes them efficient because of the direct needs of the army.

In India, PSU's work under MoD bureaucracy, so they have neither any vision nor any urgency.

However, as I said, things should start changing slowly now that the private sector is being let in.

Bullshyt.

In Pakistan all local military production is run by the ministry of defence. They appropriate the funds. That is why in the previous corrupt government of Zardari, MoD barely had funds to keep with the JF-17 production as well some of Army's own projects.

Indigenous tank, 60% imported components. 124 Tanks only? LOL. Even the Army doesn't want these and Airforce doesn't want LCA.

Bullshyt.

In Pakistan all local military production is run by the ministry of defence. They appropriate the funds. That is why in the previous corrupt government of Zardari, MoD barely had funds to keep with the JF-17 production as well some of Army's own projects.
Considering that the Pakistani Army has ruled Pakistan for almost half its tenure and even when it doesnt rule directly has disproportionate power, I don't find it any different from what I said.

The Pakistan Army has the ability to ensure the the projects it needs are supervised by it and has funds allocated to it and targets set.

Indian Armed Forces do not have that capability and have consequently suffered because of it. Indian bureaucracy has been rated as the worst in the world (that includes Pakistan and all other South Asian nations) in terms of efficiency. Which is why the coming of the private sector is a breath of fresh air to the Defense Industrial capability and capacity of India. The results of the decisions taken in the last year will be visible in a timeframe of 5-10 years.

Considering that the Pakistani Army has ruled Pakistan for almost half its tenure and even when it doesnt rule directly has disproportionate power, I don't find it any different from what I said.

The Pakistan Army has the ability to ensure the the projects it needs are supervised by it and has funds allocated to it and targets set.

Indian Armed Forces do not have that capability and have consequently suffered because of it. Indian bureaucracy has been rated as the worst in the world (that includes Pakistan and all other South Asian nations) in terms of efficiency. Which is why the coming of the private sector is a breath of fresh air to the Defense Industrial capability and capacity of India. The results of the decisions taken in the last year will be visible in a timeframe of 5-10 years.

Whatever your rantings, you can't deny the fact that Arjun despite having 60% imported parts is a failure :coffee:

I don't know why every Indian project starts as indigenous and then with most of the parts being imported than "INDIGENOUS" still gets rejected by their own Armed forces..why call it indigenous when you cannot walk the walk after you talk the talk,ego issues.??

Last edited:

Bullshyt.

Hearing that the Arjun is indeed Arjunk is no suprise, Pakistanis could have told this to anyone years ago

When your own army has to be armtwisted into buying a nominal amount then the writing is one the wall (same as LCA)

The problem is years of listening to crap from indians about how good this heap of junk was
And now thisnow comes out

Whatever your rantings, you can't deny the fact that Arjun despite having 60% imported parts is a failure :coffee:
You and your lot must be really desperate to point out Indian issues if you cannot comprehend what I was talking about.

I was not even talking about the imported content but issues plaguing the defense-industrial complex in India in general.

P.S: Having 60% imported content is not a failure for me or the armed forces.Then again, I rarely come across Pakistanis with analytical ability.

Back
Top Bottom