What's new

Mahatma Gandhi vs Quaid-e-Azam, MA Jinnah

Status
Not open for further replies.

was

Reaction score
:smokin::pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the two their are many differences. Jinnah was a constitutionalist and Gandhi believed in non-violence. Now who was right and who was wrong is up to your interpretation. Both won in one way, so it proves the methods used by them did work.

please do not name him as ghandi.. its gandhi.. u do not want people mimicking M.A.Jinnah

Jinnah was called Jin :D. In a cutesy way by his wife. I really doubt was meant any offence. Typos happen.

Btw, was, he is right, stick to the right spellings now that you know about it.

wow. comparing mr. jinnah with the mahatma.
this a first in modern history.

calm down bro. i know a lot of americans who pronounce it gandhi with a "H". it's there freaking accent.
shows they've never read anything about the man let alone be his name.
though i don't know why the pakistani stock pronounce it like the white man do.

calm down bro. i know a lot of americans who pronounce it gandhi with a "H". it's there freaking accent.
shows they've never read anything about the man let alone be his name.
though i don't know why the pakistani stock pronounce it like the white man do.
Hey, the spellings were corrected. Now let it go. Don't be lame.

Ever heard of a typo?

Gandhi didn't believe in secularism. Have we forgotten his quote that summed up his entire plan for India? "I'm a Hindu, therefore I am an Indian".

Btw, Gandhi offered Jinnah to become the 1st Prime Minister of India as a bribe to let go of the Pakistan demand. Jinnah declined. Jinnah also knew he had a terminal illness, yet he demanded for Pakistan knowing he won't really get to become a head of state for a significant period of time.

So all your assumptions about Jinnah are plain wrong. Gandhi portrayed himself as some mystical baba ji, Jinnah was more of a human figure which is why Gandhi might be the Mahatma but there really is no comparison as Jinnah was the total summation as described by Stanley Wolpert:

Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.

i don't know anything about the mahatma and his mysterious nature. and i've never read about mr. jinnah thoroughly. same with most of india so i don't know what to comment on him. he actions appear more politician than social.

i don't know much about jinnah and politics but i find the mahatma actions surprising and shocking. there was only one mahatma and there will never be another like him in this mad world.

Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state.

As if Gandhi didnt change the course of history????
He didnt change the map of the world, by unifying many states which were going out, into India????
Didnt he created a nation state called India???

u dont know anything.....

1) Why was Gandhi murdered by a radical hindu?? u know, coz they say he supproted muslims, and didnt let all muslims go from India.....
2)"I'm a Hindu, therefore I am an Indian". He said that coz, THERE IS ONLY ONE COUNTRY WHERE THERE WERE HINDUS AT THAT TIME. he did not say that "I am indian, therefore i am hindu"... he said "I'm a Hindu, therefore I am an Indian". Just understand with open mind........not with narrow mindedness of what u were taught in school.... go check some international journals...... why is there statue of Mahatma Gandhi in UN building in New York, and not jinnah's?????
Gandhi is mistakenly revered as a pacifist.

He squeezed Hindu ideals into the independence movement. With him at the helm it felt as if the independence movement was a Hindu movement rather than an Indian movement.

His radical marches, his talk of ahimsa and yet agitation and the bringing in of Hindu symbolism were the catalyst for splitting the movement into Hindu and Muslim. Jinnah kept demanding just one thing out Gandhi, do not bring religion into the movement. Gandhi refused, Jinnah quit the congress and left the country altogether. He had to later be pulled back into politics by Allama Iqbal.

oh so jinnah never asked for something totally based on religion.... hmmmmmmm what ablut islamic country of pakistan????
When Jinnah created Pakistan, it was called Pakistan.

And this is what he said when he created Pakistan:

You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State

go and check something man, he was killed by hindu radicals coz he supported muslims equally, which fundamental hindus didnt want.......
Actually we don't know that. He was killed by a Hindu extremist right. But it was because they felt shame over him accepting Muslim demands and allowing the formation of Pakistan.

Godse demanded that his ashes not be dumped into the Ganga but rather by dumped into the Indus river once India reclaims all of Pakistan. They blamed Gandhi for losing Pakistan, not supporting Muslims.

jinnah was the one to bring religion inbetween and asking for pakistan......

The proof:-
No hundu was aide of jinnah.
many muslims like Maulan Abul Kalam Azad were close aides of Gandhi....
Actually the Maulana just wanted Muslims to conquer all of India rather than a few provinces...

did they teach u this in ur school......
I went to a British curriculum school run by Indians!

thats y i m telling u, check some international source rathar than beliveing the books ur government have crafted for u.........
Lol are you seriously well read about this topic? Because if not then the please don't even bother debating the issue. People on this forum are very well read about the Independence movement, About Jinnah, About Gandhi. So please do not call me ignorant and just debate the facts.

maybe the Americans are also giving them their accent in aid like ;):tup:dollars and military hardware.......

There is no solution to your problem you just hate Pakistanis out of jealousy and you just proved it.

You received military hardware from all over the world much more than us than I suppose you be speaking very good Hebrew, Russian and French etc..
Wait a moment you also started to get WMD from USA than don't worry very soon you'd be speaking good English like us.

You very rightly said there is no comparison between Mr. Jinnah and gandhi.
got it.

Don't invite me to tell about who conspired de-marcation of boundary and what tools were used to appease English men.
If there would have no demarcation of few hundred yards than there may not have been deadly riots at the end and many hindu and Muslim lives would have been saved.

Jinnah and Gandhi cannot be compared, they were at extremes.....

Jinnah was a fundamental Islamist,

so show respect, otherwise i will be sure what ur parents have taught u.........

what u mean with fundamental islamist???. he created pakistan for muslims of india where they canwhat they want. if ghandi was secular why he did not accepted the quaid e azam m a jinahs 14:

The Fourteen Points

1. The form of the future constitution should be federal with the residuary powers vested in the provinces.
2. A uniform measure of autonomy shall be granted to all provinces.
3. All legislatures in the country and other elected bodies shall be constituted on the definite principle of adequate and effective representation of minorities in every province without reducing the majority in any province to a minority or even equality.
4. In the Central Legislature, Muslim representation shall not be less than one third.
5. Representation of communal groups shall continue to be by means of separate electorate as at present, provided it shall be open to any community at any time to abandon its separate electorate in favor of a joint electorate.
6. Any territorial distribution that might at any time be necessary shall not in any way affect the Muslim majority in the Punjab, Bengal and the North West Frontier Province.
7. Full religious liberty, i.e. liberty of belief, worship and observance, propaganda, association and education, shall be guaranteed to all communities.
8. No bill or any resolution or any part thereof shall be passed in any legislature or any other elected body if three-fourth of the members of any community in that particular body oppose such a bill resolution or part thereof on the ground that it would be injurious to the interests of that community or in the alternative, such other method is devised as may be found feasible and practicable to deal with such cases.
9. Sindh should be separated from the Bombay Presidency.
10. Reforms should be introduced in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and Baluchistan on the same footing as in the other provinces.
11. Provision should be made in the constitution giving Muslims an adequate share, along with the other Indians, in all the services of the state and in local self-governing bodies having due regard to the requirements of efficiency.
12. The constitution should embody adequate safeguards for the protection of Muslim culture and for the protection and promotion of Muslim education, language, religion, personal laws and Muslim charitable institution and for their due share in the grants-in-aid given by the state and by local self-governing bodies.
13. No cabinet, either central or provincial, should be formed without there being a proportion of at least one-third Muslim ministers.
14. No change shall be made in the constitution by the Central Legislature except with the concurrence of the State's contribution of the Indian Federation.

Secularism

Jinnah envisioned a secular state for Pakistan, a theme he repeatedly touched upon in his speeches. Nevertheless, this aspect of his ideology never fully materialised, possibly due to his death during the months immediately following Pakistan's achievement of independence.

Speaking to Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, he said
“ If we want to make this great State of Pakistan happy and prosperous we should wholly and solely concentrate on the well-being of the people, and especially of the masses and the poor... you are free- you are free to go to your temples mosques or any other place of worship in this state of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the state... in due course of time Hindus will cease to be Hindus and Muslims will cease to Muslims- not in a religious sense for that is the personal faith of an individual- but in a political sense as citizens of one state ”

— Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan, Karachi August 11, 1947

don,t insult the quaid:argh:

Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state.
Only, M.A. Jinnah is worthy of above credit.

As if Gandhi didnt change the course of history????
He didnt change the map of the world, by unifying many states which were going out, into India????
Didnt he created a nation state called India???

There is no contribution of gandhi in making of india which was already there, all credit goes to Mr. Jinnah who created Pakistan standing against odds like fundamentalist hindu gandhi and his British friends.

u dont know anything.....
u are mis-quoting, every thing...

1) Why was Gandhi murdered by a radical hindu?? u know, coz they say he supproted muslims, and didnt let all muslims go from India.....
gandhi was murdered in the process of power struggel and it was nehru who wished the throne.
2)"I'm a Hindu, therefore I am an Indian". He said that coz, THERE IS ONLY ONE COUNTRY WHERE THERE WERE HINDUS AT THAT TIME. he did not say that "I am indian, therefore i am hindu"... he said "I'm a Hindu, therefore I am an Indian". Just understand with open mind........not with narrow mindedness of what u were taught in school.... go check some international journals...... why is there statue of Mahatma Gandhi in UN building in New York, and not jinnah's?????
That is why there is no need to check international journals.
Show me any international journal from pre-partition time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom