What's new

'Made in Pakistan' expo in Chandigarh from Wednesday

^^^ Glad you enjoyed your stay. Where in Ludhiana was the wedding?

Well they live in the city Ludhiana but then they went to this place called Bithinda, thats we're theyre from so the whole thing was there.

I think you are talking about the wedding sherwani. Yes, that is pretty tight fitting but its only worn on weddings and other occasions. The kurta pyjama that country folks wear is pretty loose fitting. Not as much as the ones you guys wear across the border though :pakistan:

na man even the ones they wear normally they were skinnier compared to what i was wearing..i might as well have worn a dhoti..but i know i wouldnt be able to walk around in it...last thing i wanted was to get chased across wagha for exhibitionism :rolleyes:

Well they live in the city Ludhiana but then they went to this place called Bithinda, thats we're theyre from so the whole thing was there.

You must be kidding me...! What a coincidence. I am from Bathinda...! And I was there from 25 to 27 Dec. I am currently working in Gurgaon though.

You must be kidding me...! What a coincidence. I am from Bathinda...! And I was there from 25 to 27 Dec. I am currently working in Gurgaon though.

holy vaow...wat a coincidence m8, but i was there for a five days .. three of them in Bathinda..a day in Ludhiana and then booked it to chandigarh, had to go back to dubai to get back in to Pakistan even though i am a canadian :S...but yeah i got back to pakistan everyone was like " tu kide awara hua phirdan "

holy vaow...wat a coincidence m8, but i was there for a five days .. three of them in Bathinda..a day in Ludhiana and then booked it to chandigarh, had to go back to dubai to get back in to Pakistan even though i am a canadian :S...but yeah i got back to pakistan everyone was like " tu kide awara hua phirdan "

LOL...! I am not surprised...!

My grandfather grew up in Chandigarh, my ancestral home is there (I doubt it's still standing, though). It was a small house that was home to 7 children and the parents, and they didn't live in great conditions. From there, my grandfather and his family moved to Lahore, and he lost his father and sister during partition. He was in his early 20s during the partition and was very passionate about Pakistan. He was even part of the Mohammad Ali Jinnah's unofficial bodyguard every time he visited Lahore. My grandfather remained passionate about Pakistan until 2007, when he passed away, but he never forgot or lost his love for his home in India. So, it might amaze some of you, but I have this desire to visit that place once in my life. This desire makes it impossible for me to hate India or Indians, though I too feel strongly about our differences.

Some day, InshAllah, when all our issues have been sorted out, I shall visit my grandfather's place of birth.

It's all the extra grease, man!

u dont have to wait till the differences are sorted out to visit ur ancestral village. u can do that even now. I always had this question and since ubrought this up, it reminds me..

how does these big leaders feel about their Birth places.. Manmohan singh, LK Advani and not to forget Musharraf. I bet they will always have that special warmth in their hearts for their native places irrespective of where they r....

Hmm how short and precious is our life and here we struggle and fight for nothing.... getting philosophical :hitwall:

u dont have to wait till the differences are sorted out to visit ur ancestral village. u can do that even now. I always had this question and since ubrought this up, it reminds me..

how does these big leaders feel about their Birth places.. Manmohan singh, LK Advani and not to forget Musharraf. I bet they will always have that special warmth in their hearts for their native places irrespective of where they r....

Hmm how short and precious is our life and here we struggle and fight for nothing.... getting philosophical :hitwall:

My grand mother always remembers her Village near Ludheyana & city of Delhi, she has visited them many times but she's always ready to go once more...

Last edited:
reading here and was thinking is not this way we want to live togheter ? Trading, talking about food, PPL inviting forigner to there homes. True desi way. Punjabies have better relation than other parts of India/Pakistan.

Why we cant liv lik these ? How much joy it will bring to both of us.

My grand mother always remembers her Village near Ludheyana & Delhi, she has visited them many times but she's always ready to go once more...

Now that we are on the subject of parents, some of theplaces I'd like to visit in Pk are Quetta ( dad attended the staff college there), Kohat and Nowshera. Just to see the place- have nice pics of the place taken in '44.

reading here and was thinking is not this way we want to live togheter ? Trading, talking about food, PPL inviting forigner to there homes. True desi way. Punjabies have better relation than other parts of India/Pakistan.

Why we cant liv lik these ? How much joy it will bring to both of us.

You know, every thing has a time. Planting winter flowers in summer will not help - no matter how much we water them .They only bloom when their time comes.

I believe, our time has not yet come. It will someday.

Yup. Pakistani Biryani was going for RS 140 bucks per plate. It was delicious but when you think about the quantity the price was ridiculous.

C'mon.. the 140 was not for the food. It was for the exotica around the dish

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom