What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Business Line : Companies News : Bajaj Auto launches

duke-200-2.jpg

duke-200-3.jpg

duke-2001.jpg

NEW DELHI, JAN 24:
The country’s second largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto has launched a sports bike ‘Duke 200’ from its Austrian associate firm KTM’s portfolio at an introductory price of Rs 1.18 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The launch of ‘Duke’ is one of the many steps in our association with KTM over the last five years. Between Bajaj Pulsar and KTM ‘Duke’, we intend to further strengthen our position in sports motorcycle segment in India,” Bajaj Auto Managing Director, Mr Rajiv Bajaj, told reporters here.

The company will be launching at least one new KTM bike every year in India, he added.

Bajaj Auto has decided to sell ‘Duke’ through all its 32 pro-biking showrooms which have now been transformed into exclusive KTM outlets. Besides, there will be 40 service centres dedicated only for KTM bikes.

WTF

Thats serious good value for Money
i mean Duke 200 Has a 25 HP ,200CC Single Cylinder Engine , and cost Rs 1.18 lacs ,
The Honda CB250R which has a similar spec engine cost about 1.7 lacs
The difference being that the Honda CB250R is a Touring Bike with comfortable seating and a big 18 Litre Tank , which gives it a 400 Km range ( 100Km more than what my Classic 500 gives on its 18 Litre tank :angry:)

While the Duke is an all out Naked Bike , preferably ridden by Shirtless guys and Half naked ladies,

but with a smallish 12.5 Litre tank , i see a lot of pit stop for any enthusiastic rider

WTF

Thats serious good value for Money
i mean Duke 200 Has a 25 HP ,200CC Single Cylinder Engine , and cost Rs 1.18 lacs ,
The Honda CB250R which has a similar spec engine cost about 1.7 lacs
The difference being that the Honda CB250R is a Touring Bike with comfortable seating and a big 18 Litre Tank , which gives it a 400 Km range ( 100Km more than what my Classic 500 gives on its 18 Litre tank :angry:)

While the Duke is an all out Naked Bike , preferably ridden by Shirtless guys and Half naked ladies:woot::woot:,

but with a smallish 12.5 Litre tank , i see a lot of pit stop for any enthusiastic rider

do shareef log k jaisa kyon sochte hain??????????:azn:.............:whistle:

safaristorme.png

The New TATA SAFARI STORME

boss you seem to love this car , nothing wrong with it but i guess Indian people would have loved it they had brought a new vehicle instead they went for the cosmetic job ?????? lets see how Indian public reacts to it ????????

^^ if its value for money it will be sold quickly.

remember Indian customers are price sensitive.

Business Line : Companies News : Bajaj Auto launches

duke-200-2.jpg

duke-200-3.jpg

duke-2001.jpg

NEW DELHI, JAN 24:
The country’s second largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto has launched a sports bike ‘Duke 200’ from its Austrian associate firm KTM’s portfolio at an introductory price of Rs 1.18 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The launch of ‘Duke’ is one of the many steps in our association with KTM over the last five years. Between Bajaj Pulsar and KTM ‘Duke’, we intend to further strengthen our position in sports motorcycle segment in India,” Bajaj Auto Managing Director, Mr Rajiv Bajaj, told reporters here.

The company will be launching at least one new KTM bike every year in India, he added.

Bajaj Auto has decided to sell ‘Duke’ through all its 32 pro-biking showrooms which have now been transformed into exclusive KTM outlets. Besides, there will be 40 service centres dedicated only for KTM bikes.

very good bike

by the way its backside makes me remember Ducati 999

^^ if its value for money it will be sold quickly.

remember Indian customers are price sensitive.

ya but TATA boffins are saying ?????? IFF it will be in the same price catagory as the Mahindra XUV500 then ???????????

ya but TATA boffins are saying ?????? IFF it will be in the same price catagory as the Mahindra XUV500 then ???????????

customer loyalty................ do you know this term?

BTW is XUV is favorite? i have seen only few in months

customer loyalty................ do you know this term?

BTW is XUV is favorite? i have seen only few in month
s

thats because the bookings full & Mahindra by stratergy is not givving it the required push , dont know why? but my freind works in there sales deptt. he says that Mahindra has some surprise ?????? watch this space???????

The segment is supposed to be the one below the xuv. Expected cost about 7.5-9 lakhs i guess

boss you seem to love this car , nothing wrong with it but i guess Indian people would have loved it they had brought a new vehicle instead they went for the cosmetic job ?????? lets see how Indian public reacts to it ????????

Unlike the previous version, for the first time Safari gets spare tyre under its body. Then there are trapezoidal chrome tipped twin exhaust which adds few more bits of good looks. Also electrically operated ORVMs which open up automatically on unlocking your vehicle is welcome feature. So over all Safari seems to be growing mature and sophisticated and is coming out of the wild and hunk character.

Interiors also hint towards sophistication and up-market persona. Mix and match of beige leather, chrome and wooden inserts dresses up the cabin very well. Luxurious beige seats matched with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, chrome highlighted gear knob, wood-accented dashboard and door trims, a new instrument cluster, chrome-lined speaker grills and inside door handles is makes their way into Storme. The AC vents for the second row helps to cool the entire cabin evenly and quickly.
Mechanicals of new Safari Storme are also improved except the engine which has specifications as 2.2L 16-valve common rail (DiCOR), (140 PS power; 320 Nm torque) with a variable geometry turbo, mated with a 5-speed manual transmission. Most awaited feature which has made its way here in is 4WD electronic shift on fly. The suspension is said to be improved and body roll is minimized for providing comfort during long runs.

The Tata Safari Storme comes with host of safety features. The rigid ladder frame construction with hydro-formed long members has improved the structural strength of the vehicle. Crumple zone absorbs the impact of frontal collision and keeps the passenger cabin safe. Side intrusion beams on all four doors protects passengers from a side impact and the collapsible steering column reduces the severity of the impact transmitted to the cabin, especially to the driver. Dual SRS Airbags, will keep customers safe in the unfortunate event of a head-on collision.

The new Tata Safari Storme comes with disc brakes on all four wheels and has 4 channel ABS with EBD, which helps in keeping the vehicle under control, during emergency braking conditions. In addition, the vehicle has been designed with advanced safety features like the Inertia Switch and an auto engine immobiliser. In an event of a crash, the Inertia Switch automatically cuts off the fuel supply to the engine and unlocks all the doors and also switches on the hazard warning light to warn other road users. All in all, the new-generation Tata Safari Storme makes a bold statement with its refined exteriors.
Tata Safari Storme First Impressions | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

thats because the bookings full & Mahindra by stratergy is not givving it the required push , dont know why? but my freind works in there sales deptt. he says that Mahindra has some surprise ?????? watch this space???????

They are resorting to lottery for the their 2nd phase booking for XUV. The price for ticket: INR 60,000

Actually its not just a cosmetic job. It is built on all new Aria platform. So you can expect better ride quality and handling. They have tried to retain the earlier look of Safari, which is not bad. But the rugged off roader look of earlier Safari is lost here. It looks more like a MUV than a SUV now

Actually its not just a cosmetic job. It is built on all new Aria platform. So you can expect better ride quality and handling. They have tried to retain the earlier look of Safari, which is not bad. But the rugged off roader look of earlier Safari is lost here. It looks more like a MUV than a SUV now

The fit and finish is also miles ahead of the older safari. Now only if tata focussed more on After Sales Services.

Back
Top Bottom