What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Re: post above on Marootiis in BD, the info. Is an eye opener.

I have been to BD, SL, Nepal. I saw Mrootiis in Nepal too. Sorry to say they looked second hand to begin with. Same in BD maybe. Also read stolen Mrootiis end up in BD & Nepal.

Scary to think ... if Indians keep going this way .
. they have a real shot at changing the hame

Bangalore Women and their love for big bikes

Bangalore woman breaks into Harley's male dominated cult
New Delhi, Jul 5, (PTI) :

Why should men have all the fun with Harley Davidson? Bangalore-based HR professional Sheeja Mathews today become the first woman in India to own the iconic cult motorcycle, thus breaking the stereotype of only tattoo sporting muscular hunks riding the bike.

The 34-year-old, who has been riding to her office on her husband's Yamaha Rajdoot 350 for the past 10 years, is now looking to cruise the new 'Iron 883' to her workplace at least once a week.

"I didn't know that I was the first woman to buy a Harley Davidson in India till the company people told me. I thought of upgrading to a Harley when they opened a showroom here," Mathews told PTI from Bangalore over the phone.

When asked what prompted her to go for a Harley Davidson, she said: "Well, I have been riding my husband's bike for the past 10 years and I thought it was high time I upgraded."

Mother of a 7-year-old son, Mathews said even her son is excited about the new bike, on which the family has spent about Rs 8 lakh in total, although the ex-showroom price of the bike is Rs 6.5 lakh.

"Oh, he wants me to drop him to school on the bike so that he could show off his mother's bike to his friends," she said, adding, she would be taking the bike on long rides on weekends.

A self proclaimed foodie and a shopaholic like any other woman, Mathews said she has been a drag racer as well.

"I do drive a (Tata) Safari and (Chevrolet) Cruze but I love bikes," she said, adding, her businessman husband chipped in 20 per cent of the amount for her Harley Davidson.

The American cult bike maker started selling its bikes in India from last year and announced to set up an assembly plant in India in order to cater to demands here.
The Iron 833 model is one of the two models to be assembled at the Bawal facility in Haryana. The other model is the Super Low.

The company offers a total of 15 models in India priced between Rs 5.5 lakh to Rs 38.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

173887.jpg

Bangalore woman breaks into Harley's male dominated cult

ALSO

Last edited by a moderator:
Scary to think ... if Indians keep going this way .. ... they have a real shot at changing the hame (typo) game.

Further to that, Indians already coming out with 1/2 decent vehicles at door crashing prices.
If this goes on, they'll lick the likes of Toyota, Honda, VW. Is this for real then - A true blue ppl.'s vehicle revolution :yahoo:.

A Mammoth Toyota Dealership!! That too in a Tier-2 City - Kochi(Cochin) 3.85 lakh sq. ft . resembles like a Ship!
Not having any pic covering full building structure.
16922ab.jpg

[/SIZE][/B]

Nippon Towers, the new outlet of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd., India, was opened at Kalamasserry on Saturday. The new dealership will offer service, sales, spares and financing facilities.

The 3,85,000-sq.ft. building of the dealer-partner will offer fully integrated service to customers' automotive requirements, including sale of pre-owned cars and accessories, said a statement.

Inaugurating the facility, the ninth by the Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. in the State, Union Minister of Civil Aviation Vayalar Ravi said that it marked the growth of Kochi into a futuristic city as envisioned by the business fraternity.

Speaking on the occasion, Hiroshi Nakagawa, managing director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd (TKM), said that it was a very important period of growth and expansion for Toyota in India, with the company entering into the mass volume segment with the Etios Liva.

The company plans to expand the dealer network to 175 from the present 161 by the end of 2011.

TKM registered a sale of 12, 034 units in June 2011, up by 94 percent compared to the same period last year.

Finance Minister K.M. Mani, Public Works Minister V.K Ibrahim Kunju, Excise Minister K. Babu, Executive Vice-President of the Toyota Motor Asia Pacific Toshiro Hidaka and Dealer Principle of Nippon Toyota Mohammad Babu Moopen spoke.
The Hindu : Cities / Kochi : New car showroom opened

Ashok Leyland and Tata low-floor AC buses plying for DTC ( Delhi Transport Corporation ) :

ibus-ashok-leyland.jpg

442.jpg

That Honda mod job above is a gr8 idea.

Are Honda's made or asaembled in Pak like they are in NOIDA, UP?

They may even make new or upcoming mini cars in India.

I'm thinking ... this is made 4 Pak, no?

Mahindra launches Bolero CNG
Posted at July 18th, 2008 under CNG and LPG cars | Print This Post

Mahindra which already has CNG variants of its three wheelers – Alfa and Champion has launched CNG variant of its bolero pick-up vehicle. According to Mahindra and Mahindra, this new bolero CNG would offer savings of upto 40 per cent on operating cost compared to a diesel vehicle, besides, its 75 BHP engine provides superior pulling power in the loaded condition. “The Bolero Pick-Up flatbed CNG addresses the need of a large section of customers in Delhi for a vehicle which is both fuel-efficient and environment friendly,” Mahindra and Mahindra Vice President-Marketing (Auto Sector) Vivek Nayer said today. The bolero CNG pick-up is priced at Rs 5.42 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Mahindra is planning to introduce CNG variant of its flagship product scorpio to lure the buyers.

---xxx---

Scoop by vicky.in New Facelifted Mahindra

bolero-facelift.jpg

(c) Vicky.in

Royal Enfield plans for a new plant near Chennai
Posted at July 13th, 2011 under Auto News | Print This Post

Royal Enfield,the two-wheeler division of Eicher Motors plans to set up a new manufacturing plant at Oragadam near Chennai by 2013.This plan has been declared yesterday by Eicher Motors.The upcoming plant of Royal Enfield will have an initial production capacity of 1.5 lakh units annually.

'New' Woodsman from Enfield
-------------------------------------

royal-enfield-woodsman-electra-500cc.jpg

Siddhartha Lal,Managing Director and CEO of Eicher Motors revealed that they have received the letter for the land from the state government.They will start construction immediately after getting the possession.They should be ready with the plant by the first quarter of 2013.He said that with addition of new capacities, they will be able to reduce the waiting periods of their bikes which is currently about 6-8 months.

Regarding investment details he said that they will have to take approvals from the board at first before telling any number.He further informed that their long-term strategy is to invest for the next five years under a mega project on the same site.On product development, Lal said that they are constantly working on new products and will introduce two new products in 2012-13.There will be no new bikes in this year.

The latest venture from the company will ensure 900 direct and indirect employment opportunities.

(c) Vicky.in

First totally undisguised shot of Mahindra World SUV W201

ndia’s largest utility vehicle manufacturer, Mahindra & Mahindra’s new SUV codenamed W201 will be their top of the line premier SUV priced approximately between Rs 12 – 14 lakhs. Mahindra is yet to officially reveal their priced possession, so all we have to rely on, was a few spy shots which were clicked by auto enthusiasts in India while Mahindra was testing W201 on Indian roads. But not anymore.
It has been months now that we have been looking at the same spy images of Mahindra’s World SUV W201 which is expected to be launched later this year. Earlier yesterday, for the first time an undisguised image of Mahindra World SUV W201 was revealed on Mahindra’s Facebook fan page by a user named Suraj.
Powered by a 2.2L CRDi engine, Mahindra World SUV W201 will feature never before seen luxury and gadgetry in a Mahindra vehicle. Because of its pricing, we expect Mahindra W201 to take on Tata Aria which was launched late last year.

Mahindra-W201-undisguised.jpg

disguised

jul01-Mahindra-World-SUV-w201-front.jpg

http://www.rushlane.com/first-totally-undisguised-shot-of-mahindra-world-suv-w201-1216791.html

The front is strange looking. Grill looks weird.

Image002-1.jpg

410ee_Tata-Safari-Merlin.jpg

TATA Safari Merlin

Mahindra had acquired Ssangyong from South Korea. They have SUVs, which are sold in Middle East. Might be one of those.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom