What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Ashok Leyland Captain 40iT tractor

FB_IMG_1473246558633.jpg

Hauling a wind turbine blade, somewhere near Bangalore.

Credits: Nityanand Naik

After bringing in luxury SUVs, Jeep plans locallymade vehicles in price band of Rs 1020 lakh

.jpg

: Jeep, the iconic US automobile brand that on Tuesday entered India officially with SUVs costing upwards of Rs 70 lakh, has plans to locally make vehicles that are being developed with the Indian buyer in mind. With the price tag expected to be as low as Rs 10 lakh, these models in the works will be pitched against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Creta and Ford EcoSport.

and Grand Cherokee, and then roll out the locally made models. The Delhi showroom price of the Wrangler it launched on Tuesday is Rs 71.59 lakh. The Grand Cherokee costs Rs 93 lakh to Rs 1.14 crore. Both are imported as completely built units. According to five people in the know of the company's plans, a Csegment Jeep, which is internally codenamed 556, is expected to be launched around August next year and exported to several righthand drive markets as well from India.

It is likely to be benchmarked against the BMW X1 and priced at Rs 1520 lakh. Then, there will be a more ambitious Bsegment Jeep SUV internally codenamed 526, stretching less than four meters and costing upwards of Rs 10 lakh, giving direct competition to the Vitara Brezza and EcoSport. The company confirmed the plan to produce the C Jeep from 2017, but didn't comment on products beyond that. Kevin Flynn, managing director of Fiat Chrysler India, declined to comment on specific price points for localised Jeep, but said: "The locally made Jeep will be attainable for a significant part of the market."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...and-of-rs-10-20-lakh/articleshow/53936612.cms

^^^
Rs. 70 Lakh's for a Willys, Jeep 'Mahindra', what an a** backward way of entering the Indian market.

Had they asked me, I'd go raid Mahindra's for Mahindra suppliers, HR and Production guys and set up shop locally. Simple. The entire Jeep supplier eco-system lives in India by another name, Mahindra/Willy's/Jeep - take your pick.

^^^
Rs. 70 Lakh's for a Willys, Jeep 'Mahindra', what an a** backward way of entering the Indian market.

Had they asked me, I'd go raid Mahindra's for Mahindra suppliers, HR and Production guys and set up shop locally. Simple. The entire Jeep supplier eco-system lives in India by another name, Mahindra/Willy's/Jeep - take your pick.
power is 4 times that of Mahindra Jeep plus the technical refinement.

^^^

Mahindra isn't a "Jeep"... Only a "Jeep" is a "Jeep".

Mahindra only produces ww2 clones of the Willys 50 models.. The so called under powered,tin can Jeep wannabe vehicles like "thar" are shitty wannabe clones..

I've owned a Wrangler 2008.. And a Cj-5 74 (made in Pak during Ayubs regime .. Also produced in Iran at the same era).

A true Jeep junky won't even take a shyt at mahindra Tin cans.

Also a BMW X1 costs how much in India ? What is Rs 1520 lakh? 15 "lac" 20 thousands ?
It's priced almost 4.5 million in Pak..

Mahindra isn't a "Jeep"... Only a "Jeep" is a "Jeep".

Mahindra only produces ww2 clones of the Willys 50 models.. The so called under powered,tin can Jeep wannabe vehicles like "thar" are shitty wannabe clones..

I've owned a Wrangler 2008.. And a Cj-5 74 (made in Pak during Ayubs regime .. Also produced in Iran at the same era).

A true Jeep junky won't even take a shyt at mahindra Tin cans.

Also a BMW X1 costs how much in India ? What is Rs 1520 lakh? 15 "lac" 20 thousands ?
It's priced almost 4.5 million in Pak..

Here is review of a Mahindra 'tin can' !!!!

Australian review

Back
Top Bottom