What's new

Made in India Vehicles

TATA LSV
TATA%20LSV.jpg

The Tata's are soooo Landy, that's 100 % LR Defender rejigged. Wonder if it's diesel or they flogging petrol Landy's.

The Mahindra Mine Protected Vehicle - I (A JV Between Mahindra & Mahindra and BAE System).

1510566_703149913081795_8850326662644021019_n.jpg

81zgXSC.jpg

mineprotectionvehicle2.jpg

The MPV offers armored protection to its crew and passengers against ballistic and land mine threats. It has been tested to protect against 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm Soviet and 5.56x45mm NATO rounds from a 10m distance. It can withstand 21 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under any wheel, and 14 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under the crew compartment.

It can carry up to 18 security and paramilitary personnel with full equipment including the crew.
TATA MPV

tata-mine-vehicle.jpg

Ashok leyland

mpv_leyland.jpg

Nissan Evalia (aka NV200) Electric to Be Built in India

Nissan-e-NV200-43-750x500.jpg

Remember that Nissan-Bhutan deal?

Well, here’s the latest development.

Nissan has decided that in order to make the e-NV200 affordable in places like Bhutan, it will build it in India.

Called the Nissan Evalia over there, the electric MPV will be built at Renault-Nissan’s Oragadam factory on the outskirts of Chennai, India. The battery and other powertrain components will ship from Renault-Nissan’s facility in Barcelona, Spain.

However, gliders won’t be shipping out of Spain. The facility in India will handle full builds of the electric Evalia, aside from manufacturing the electric powertrain components and battery.

This move will allow Nissan to make the Evalia more affordable so that it can price it low in Bhutan and other markets in the region.

It’s believed that most of the electric Evalias that end up in Bhutan will see use as taxis.

Furthermore, Nissan has made it known that it will have a “final assembly” site in Bhutan in the near future. This is believed to eventually be utilized for the LEAF, which right now is being shipped to Bhutan from Japan. A final assembly site would allow Nissan to ship LEAF gliders from Japan and likely powertrain components for the LEAF from Sunderland, UK or Barcelona, Spain.

Nissan Evalia (aka NV200) Electric to Be Built in India

[quote="chak de INDIA, post: 5420556, member: 149609"

TATA

TATA%20LSV.jpg

TATA MPV

tata-mine-vehicle.jpg

Ashok Leyland

mpv_leyland.jpg

Mahindra
  • Dumping, this stuff's gotta go diesel/gas-electric hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom