What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Two big ticket launches today

Tata launches new Safari Storme at a starting price of Rs 9.95 lakh - The Economic Times

tata-safari-storme.jpg

Mahindra Rexton launched at Rs 17.67 lakh - NDTVProfit.com

81350460052_625x300.jpg

Pretty disappointed with the Storme's pricing guys.

What do you think?

LX more than 2 Lacs costlier.

EX more than 1 Lac costlier.

The VX seems to have held its price.

No 4x4 option in LX on order. Big let down.

No front facing third row. Another big let down.

No nice models like in the photo above. Biggest let down.

I love mahindra's designs...I would like to buy one of its cars very soon.

I love mahindra's designs...I would like to buy one of its cars very soon.

^^^

Ok mostly, they grow on you and they age well. I say less flim-flam, bling-bling is more suitable.
Mahindra should build on it's 'rugged' pedigree re: Hindi movies rather then go Jappo-Shappo-Koreo.

^^^

Tata & Mahindra are moving on to 'gen next'. Give it 3-5 yrs.

R8 now, they are slogging 'lipstick-on-a-pig' older, pre emergence models.

Mahindra (Ssangyong Buyout) e-XIV Concept

210230.jpg

210228.jpg

(c) & full Article- http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/9/10/Ssangyong-to-Unveil-e-XIV-Concept-in-Paris-7710653/

Tata Pixel, Mega Pixel, Mahindra's M&M Bolero, M&M 500 & M&M Reva are the tip of the iceberg,
re: :hehe: models if you can afford a vehicle like that @ marriage-able age in South Asia; yes,
you can have 1 model for a wife.

Pocket Land Rover ;)

214830.jpg

(c) http://alt-a.bitg.net/nightmobile/cars/images2/210000/4000/800/214830.jpg

To afford a Rs. 10 Lakh Tata or M&M SUV AND be of marriage-able age (say 30 yrs.),
one sure shot combo, among other like in finance and private banking, used to be:

Engg. degree in IT from IIT, an MBA from America or IIM and a job mgmt. job in MNC or Indian outsourcing Co. or Telecom. IIT @ 23, + 2 yrs. experience, IIM etc. @ 28, + 2 yrs. experience.
Management, one has arrived!

Even then, how many 30 yr. olds go out and buy a Rs. 10 Lakh Tata Safari, even if EMI payment is say Rs. 25000 - Rs. 50000 per month!

Rare, but is possible!

Tata Owned Land Rover Concept Pick-Up

203741.jpg

203740.jpg

(c) & full Article: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/8/...3-Range-Rover-Rendered-into-a-Pickup-7710295/

Honda Going Nuts in India
-------------------------

Brio, Made in India & Thailand so Production is Localised, Rs. 5 Lakhs Approx.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Price; given Thai & later Indonesia GDP it's pricey in India.

18brio.jpg

(c) Article: Honda Brio automatic @ Rs 5.74 lakh - Rediff.com Business

Huge Honda Plant, Noida-

images

images

Honda aims 10 million units capacity in eight years

Japanese auto major Honda is embarking on an aggressive ride in India to challenge the number one position of erstwhile partner Hero in two-wheeler segment with plans to produce 10 million units by 2019-20 that may entail the company having up to eight plants in India. Besides, the company's Indian arm Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) plans to accelerate the rate of new model launches while lowering prices of the products by increasing localisation levels. It will also hire up to 4,000 ...

(c) & Full Article: Honda aims 10 million units capacity in eight years - Rediff.com Business

Hindustan Motors starts local assembly of Pajero Sport

pajero_jpg_1242790f.jpg

NEW DELHI, OCT 19:
Hindustan Motors (HM) today said it has started local assembly of sports utility vehicle (SUV) Pajero Sport from its Japanese partner Mitsubishi’s stable, making the vehicle cheaper by Rs 1.87 lakh.

The Pajero Sport will now carry a price tag of Rs 22.56 lakh compared to Rs 24.43 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) earlier.

(c) Full Article - http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...pajero-sport/article4013149.ece?homepage=true

More than 300 Chinese firms to invest in India
October 19, 2012 17:00 IST

Tata designs are very old fashioned but Mahindra coming out with modern designs. Their XUV 500 was a blockbuster. No Rexton. The new Safari is still no where near to XUV 500 in looks.

Tata Safari Storme Launched

Tata Manza Club Class Launched

Ssangyong Rexton Launched

Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Launched

Last edited by a moderator:
Tata designs are very old fashioned but Mahindra coming out with modern designs. Their XUV 500 was a blockbuster. No Rexton. The new Safari is still no where near to XUV 500 in looks.

Looks are very subjective. I find the XUV too loud and overdone. Come look at me blingy types. I would not be caught dead in one frankly. Not to mention my claustrophobia and aversion to small tight spaces.

Back
Top Bottom