What's new

M16 vs AK-47 Which one is better?

What's your take on this sir,considering your experience with the 16 (have you fired any AK variant)??
I Own a AKM, I have out more than 3500 rounds through it. around another 500-600 on AR 15's, PTR91's, FAL Imbel, etc.

Comparing AK and M16 is like comparing a SUV with a Sedan, both have their purpose.

I Own a AKM, I have out more than 3500 rounds through it. around another 500-600 on AR 15's, PTR91's, FAL Imbel, etc.

Comparing AK and M16 is like comparing a SUV with a Sedan, both have their purpose.

Very true.But I still think that the reliability thingee has been just blown out of proportion.Sure,the A1 version was marred with frequent jammings in the middle of firefights but it had more to do with use of dirty ammo and also the misplaced belief that this rifle being so advanced that it never needed any maintenance (Eugene Stoner never issued any such directives and when asked about it had termed the notion as beyond preposterous) than it had with the design itself!!

AK's The Killer.....

file.jpeg

file.jpeg

file.jpeg

CAAKMS-47.jpg

I use HK416 in Afghanistan. Best gun. Takes good of M-16 and makes it better.

tkL7C0295.jpg

Shot AK-47 and M-4 too. Got AK-47 from Afghanistan Special Police. M-4 from Americans. M4 very accurate. AK-47 cheap, easy to use and reliable. But M-4 easy to use and reliable too. Both not good for range, both good for stopping bad guy.

I like M-4 and AK-47. M-16 good too, but too much range for 5.56. Gun can shoot far, but 5.56 lose lethality at long-range. Range too long. M-16A4 very good gun too.

Whoa!!AKM is definitely not that accurate a design!!

Hahaha. Too many accuracy! Not enough recoil! Need more damage. 7.62 x 39mm very good round. Leaves nasty wound.

I use HK416 in Afghanistan. Best gun.
Of course it is!!By the way,I heard that it was an M16 with a short stroke piston,is that true??
Is that you in the photograph brother??
Shot AK-47 and M-4 too. Got AK-47 from Afghanistan Special Police. M-4 from Americans. M4 very accurate. AK-47 cheap, easy to use and reliable. But M-4 easy to use and reliable too. Both not good for range, both good for stopping bad guy.
Yeah,barrel is just too short in the M4.
I like M-4 and AK-47. M-16 good too, but too much range for 5.56. Gun can shoot far, but 5.56 lose lethality at long-range. Range too long. M-16A4 very good gun too.
I know,have fired our INSAS in the range,it's also chambered for 5.56 NATO and comes with a 18.4"heavy barrel with 1 in 7.4" rifling twist rate.

Hahaha. Too many accuracy! Not enough recoil! Need more damage. 7.62 x 39mm very good round. Leaves nasty wound.
Exactly!! :D

Of course it is!!By the way,I heard that it was an M16 with a short stroke piston,is that true??

Designed from M-4, but uses same short stroke piston from G-36.

The HK416's outer appearance resembles the M4. It includes international symbols for safe, semi-automatic, and fully automatic. It has a redesigned retractable stock that lets the user rotate the butt plate, and a new pistol grip designed by H&K to more ergonomically fit the hand. A new single-piece hand guard attaches to the rifle with a free floating rail interface system for mounting accessories. The most notable internal difference is the short stroke gas piston system, which is derived from the HK G36. To compensate for increased pressure due to the new gas system, it has a thicker barrel.

Is that you in the photograph brother??

Yes. I was part of Force Protection and Police Advisory team.

I own both (and many variants)..

M-16 is a nice weapon if it's kept clean .. AK is rugged as fuk..

Which weapons is better.. I believe AK.. But than again it depends on the usage or situation...

In my hometown we hold shooting competitions .. Everything goes.. Brens (I have one too - posted and than deleted the pic in the relavent thread),DSHKs down to 303s ... A good shooter can target a coin with a .303 or an AK... So it also depends a lot on the man firing the weapon..

But overall M16s are accurate as compared to the basic AK..

But I'd take the AK over the M-16... If my life depended on it!

I own both (and many variants)..

M-16 is a nice weapon if it's kept clean .. AK is rugged as fuk..

Which weapons is better.. I believe AK.. But than again it depends on the usage or situation...

In my hometown we hold shooting competitions .. Everything goes.. Brens (I have one too - posted and than deleted the pic in the relavent thread),DSHKs down to 303s ... A good shooter can target a coin with a .303 or an AK... So it also depends a lot on the man firing the weapon..

But overall M16s are accurate as compared to the basic AK..

But I'd take the AK over the M-16... If my life depended on it!

You are one lucky sob,you know that?? :D

Designed from M-4, but uses same short stroke piston from G-36.

The HK416's outer appearance resembles the M4. It includes international symbols for safe, semi-automatic, and fully automatic. It has a redesigned retractable stock that lets the user rotate the butt plate, and a new pistol grip designed by H&K to more ergonomically fit the hand. A new single-piece hand guard attaches to the rifle with a free floating rail interface system for mounting accessories. The most notable internal difference is the short stroke gas piston system, which is derived from the HK G36. To compensate for increased pressure due to the new gas system, it has a thicker barrel.

Thanks for the info.

Yes. I was part of Force Protection and Police Advisory team.
You look great in that uniform!! :enjoy:

You are one lucky sob,you know that?? :D

Thanks for the info.

You look great in that uniform!! :enjoy:

5k for an ak upgrade - stock/grips,rails etc - another 3-5 for a red dot (Chinese copy) .. You get a good lookin ak..:D

Saving some $ for my next purchase ... POF made MP-5 ..

I wish had a shitload of $ ..:(

Weapons were cheap as fuk before the US invasion of Afghanistan.... I remember a cousin buying a brand new Iranian G-3 for 30 or 40 K..Russian AKs for as low as 15k ... And now even a Norinco (second hand) sells for 90+ (depending on bargaining skills)... Same goes for NATO weapons which come from corrupt Afghan forces.

US tried to de-weaponise Afghanistan.. With several progs like "weapons for money"... Fuk the afghans sold them the shittiest weapons for a lot of cash... And still kept the working weapons with em...

In Pak we also did that... I remember -- buying a "stinger" from a former mujahideen commander "Mullah Rocket"... He had burried it in his house... NATO paid him like 10 million RS... In reality the stinger was useless (and as good as a potatoe)..

Ak47 annually kill 0.3'million people.
It's most deadly gun ever designed, simple but reliable and cheap to buy and maintain. It works in every given condition and its punch compromise its balance and accuracy. But still it is most widely used rifle in World, favorite Terrorists weapon also ..........
Although most of armies also operate ak47 as assault and battle rifle.

In these features, no one can match ak47.......

when they first came out the Ak-47 was better., but the M16 is the better rifle in a trained soldiers hands.

If I was building an army and needed 100,000 rifles I would go with the AK-12 since it's cheaper and just as deadly as the M16/M4s of today

Comparing a fighter jet to a helicopter.
That's what you are doing when you compare an M-16 and an AK-47. Similar anyway
AK-47 is best for long jungle and desert wars, shooting through objects, needing to kill to survive And for getting widespread ammo.
M-16 is best for short clean wars, well trained spec ops, long range shooting, range fun.
There is a reason why many countries use them both.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom