What's new

M&M renews talks to buy US based aircraft maker Hawker Beechcraft

sudhir007

Reaction score
M&M renews talks to buy US based aircraft maker Hawker Beechcraft - The Economic Times

MUMBAI: India's auto major M&M has renewed talks to buy U.S. based aircraft maker, Hawker Beechcraft, sources familiar with the development said. M&M had earlier lost it's bid to acquire Beechcraft to Chinese firm Superior Aviation Beijing Co. Sources say, Beechcraft is likely to invite bids again for a sale process as it's talks with the Chinese firm may have failed. M&M may be interested to bid again for Hawker Beechcraft.

Sources familiar with the development say that the deal talks between Hawker Beechcraft and Superior Aviation Beijing have stalled. The two companies have not come to any agreement even after six weeks have passed since the end of the exclusive period of negotiations between the parties.

Superior Aviation Beijing had agreed to pay $1.79 bn for buying Beechcraft which is well known for it's Beechcraft King Air turboprop and Hawker 4000 business jet. Hawker Beechcraft, part owned by Goldman Sachs' private equity arm had filed for bankruptcy in May. The company has $1 bn debt on it's books and has accumulated losses of $900 mn.

M&M is a small player in the aircraft business. It had purchased majority stakes in aerospace supplier Aerostaff Australia and turboprop manufacturer Gippsland Aeronautics. In an e-mail reply, the M&M spokesperson said, "As a company policy, we don't comment on speculative stories."

If it happens it will be a great buy and boost for the Indian aviation sector, M&M also tried to buy Hummer brand but failed hope they bag this one

...M&M might soon become the most visible Indian Brand worldwide.....Hope TATA , Reliance and others pick up their socks and ....

A huge opportunity for M&M. If they get this, then yeah baby Hal should pull its socks. Private sector is coming for the kill.

Just going to be another feather in the cap, or maybe just for the brand name. Hawker Beechcraft is a loss making company, any i don't see any profit anytime soon.

Just going to be another feather in the cap, or maybe just for the brand name. Hawker Beechcraft is a loss making company, any i don't see any profit anytime soon.

You will never know.Same thing were said about Jaguar Land Rover deal.Now they are back in profit and rapidly expanding.

What makes you say that? JLR is a big example of what can happen when pioneers take over a skilled company.

I thought the candy was gonna buy it. Misleading title

It is just like buying a candy for Anand Mahindra. :P

What makes you say that? JLR is a big example of what can happen when pioneers take over a skilled company.

JLR wasn't doing that bad if you compare, and Ford was compelled to sell it because of the deep financial crisis they were in at that time. If it wasn't the recession, then Ford would have still retained it.

JLR wasn't doing that bad if you compare, and Ford was compelled to sell it because of the deep financial crisis they were in at that time. If it wasn't the recession, then Ford would have still retained it.

But it has to be said under TATA/Indian leadership JLR has really flourished and is doing far better.

But it has to be said under TATA/Indian leadership JLR has really flourished and is doing far better.

Obviously, i'm not denying it. But the market for private jets in very exclusive, and the competitors are offering much better aircrafts at a very competitive price, and HB's private jet planes aren't much well renowned among the exclusive clubs.

as for TATA, it's a fact, their car business is not doing well. They are only positive still due to the unexpected boom in sales of Land Rover and Jaguars. And they are still the most visible Indian brand abroad by a long mile.

And for M&M I would say it's a great opportunity to get a toe hold in the market there and also get hold of the knowledge base there..

Mahindra is my favorite Indian company ahead of TATA's and ambani's.

They do much more than business but have lot of programs which are socially, economically good.

Been accumulating Mahindra shares on long term investment plan.

I am more interested in the knowledge base Mahindra will create. They are going into aerospace in a big way. Reliance is there too now. Its gonna be fun.

I am more interested in the knowledge base Mahindra will create. They are going into aerospace in a big way. Reliance is there too now. Its gonna be fun.

Karan .. Join

STRvideo.jpg

Mahindra Rise | Spark the Rise

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom