What's new

Lun-Class Ekranoplan

@Imran Khan
Lun-class ekranoplan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
220px-Lun-class_ekranoplan_1.jpg
Lun-class at Kaspiysk, Russia, in 2010(retired in 1990)
Sitting idle for 25 years...

Another version of Lun was planned for use as a mobile field hospital for rapid deployment to any ocean or coastal location. It was named the Spasatel ("Rescuer"). Work was about 90% done, when the military funding ended, and it was never completed.

well man the dean of my university's sociology deptt. was a doctorate from Lund university, Germany, we all used to make fun of him:D

please don't blame pakistani members, i started it:D i am extremely sorry for that but man...... i just couldn't resist the temptation:D

Used to live in Lund, it was in Sweden, not Germany and my wife also got a PhD from University of Lund...

Used to live in Lund, it was in Sweden, not Germany and my wife also got a PhD from University of Lund...
Well sir c**k is called Lund in India Pakistan...that's why they are making fun of it..

okay, my bad:D i was told this by my friends, and also the professor could speak fluent german, do they speak german in sweden?

Well sir c**k is called Lund in India Pakistan...that's why they are making fun of it..

i know....I found out the hard way when I first join this forum, i use Lund as my location lol...

okay, my bad:D i was told this by my friends, and also the professor could speak fluent german, do they speak german in sweden?

some in the southern Sweden speak german, but more probable then not you will find SW swede (Where Lund was) can somehow speak danish and swedish , german is not really a common occurrence over there lol.

Some danske can speak fluent German tho.

GUYS !!!

It's pronounced "LOOOON" !!!!!!!!

NOT LUN/LAN !!!!

watch this video (listen very carefully she'll mention "loon" in the first 5-6 seconds, that's the actual pronounciation) :

Люди спасают легендарный экраноплан-ракетоносец Лунь - PlayIt.pk

Also, now let me tell you a little about how russian alphabets work.

This is how you right "loon" (the actual name of the craft which means harrier, the bird) :

Лунь

Let us break it down, there are four letters :

Л--This letter has the "L" sound.
у--This letter has the "oo" (double o) sound.
н--This letter has the "N" sound.
ь--Just ignore this letter, it has no sound.

Now what do we have when we put it together in english:

"LOON"

If you wanted to right lun/lan (penis in south asia), this is how you'd write it in russian :

лан

It's just a case of bad transliteration, that's all.

The same is the case with "LUND University". It's pronounced "LOOOND", not "LUNNED".

Very nice explanation!!! Do you speak/read Russian (I do)?

And remember people, it's this:
View attachment 191747

not this:

View attachment 191748

:partay:

I can read russian (I know the alphabets and know how to pronounce them correctly about 90% of the time). I can't understand 99% of it as I have no vocabulary/grammar knowledge. But I want to learn this language, it's quiet useful, you get access to russia, ukraine, kazakhstan and parts of other central asian states. And it just sounds so cool :D.

And I like this song and she's gorgeous :enjoy: :

Чай вдвоем - Ты не одна - YouTube

(for pakistani/indians, these two are the strings-equivalent of russia)

Last edited:
I wish we have something like this................................

Last edited:
ye kis ne class bana li BC ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: LUN is not banned word on pdf ?:eek:

it was decided to transform the second, partly finished Lun into a Search and Rescue :o:

send LUN to search and resque

hay hay sir

lun-1 ready for take off

lun-1 to control - ready for take off

lun-1 runway number 43 clear for takeoff

lun-1 hay hay sir

ye is trah nhi takeoff ho ga ye @GURU DUTT ka hai sandy ke oil per chalta hai :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lun fire missile
Lun attack
Lun is so big
Lun is so large

:lol::enjoy::rofl:

When plane is close to a surface it faces smaller drag. Wings become more efficient closer to a surface. Hence smaller thrust is required which saves fuel. Ground Effect Vehicles use this phenomenon to their advantage. What are they telling in the video?:pop:
Forces on a plane:
forces_of_flight.jpg

Engines provide the thrust. Thrust overcomes the drag as well as provide the lift, which in turn overcomes the weight. When drag is reduced, greater lift is provided. Or in other words thrust can be reduced for a given lift.

Last edited:
When plane is close to a surface it faces smaller drag. Wings become more efficient closer to a surface. Hence smaller thrust is required which saves fuel. Ground Effect Vehicles use this phenomenon to their advantage. What are they telling in the video?:pop:
Forces on a plane:
forces_of_flight.jpg

Engines provide the thrust. Thrust overcomes the drag as well as provide the lift, which in turn overcomes the weight. When drag is reduced, greater lift is provided. Or in other words thrust can be reduced for a given lift.

Your post is one of few sensible posts in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom