What's new

Lt.Gen (R) Nasir Khan Janjua Pakistan's new NSA?

Making an Ex-Lt general Adviser on national security....is he the right man for the job?

• Previous Adviser was doing a fine job.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its better to have a full time NSA head Like Lt Gen (R) Nasir than a Part time Sartaj Aziz. I hope he gets appointed soon

This is democracy. It has it flaws but there are people like me who believe in it.
Democracy is between equals who equally under stands the the affairs of the state and are enlightened. Not badmash, haram khur, duo number, choor, chakay, ehsan faramoosh, zalim, qatil, which normally gets elected for personal benefits by exploiting pand* jahil, gawar, anpur, naw dawlateay, gadhay, akal saay padal, mulk ko chand rupe pae Bach denay waly.

Last edited:
This is democracy. It has it flaws but there are people like me who believe in it.

This reminds me of an Old Urdu Saying

"Insaan tu khata ka putla hai, insaan say tu ghalti hoti hai. Tu phir apnay aap ko har waqt insaan sabit karnay mein zaya na karo, aur kuch mehnat karo"

I know our democracy has flaws, but pray tell me what steps have been taken to fix those gaps? Point out a single reform that has been initiated that solves Pakistan's structural problems. For God sake we still haven't reformed NAB, FBR and our Judiciary. Three institutions that are paramount to the smooth running of ant democracy.

I believe in democracy myself, but unfortunately in Pakistan we don't have that. We have plutocracy, unless the Political Parties reform themselves and make themselves democratic, the people of Pakistan will always look at the Armed Forces as a big brother.

Above mentioned problems of our inefficiency and deficiency wont change the country. and certainly bragging about being a civilian and about authority wont change the system either. As a Leader you have to work hard. take good timely decisions change the system do legislation. Most important of all, put the right man for the right job. Apparently we do not have a foreign minister. so you can understand the state of affairs i am referring to and why i said what i said.
The use of following words ignorant, typical ignorance, do not stick your finger. What is this language from a senior member you really should be setting an example. You really believe you are and Admiral on this Forum. Why don't you enlighten us with logic instead of your choice of shut up calls?
thats a reactionary response to yr posts and the other member's.

I personally know Gen Janjua, since im a student in NDU where he was in charge.He is known as a very good administrator and thoughtful person, basically someone who knows what he is doing.

After NDU he was posted as commander southern command and thats because of him that baluchistan has got peace and we see all those terrorists surrendering in mass numbers, so much so that hard core terrorist leaders r now preferring to talk.

In Low Intensity Conflict situations, where rebel's reasons r justified to take up arms as case in baluchistan, its not abt how u can simply crush them like we r doing with taliban, but winning hearts and minds is the name of the game and he has done that. Also now since indians now openly hosting Harbayar Marri types we need an equal of Ajit Doval in our ranks, hence forth a man who knows abt everything related to Baluchistan and has seen first hand their support for terrorists, he is the right man for the right job.

All of this has been told by ex armymen in the forum like @Irfan Baloch and co. a million times in the forum. Hence its better to gain some knowledge rather then sticking yr finger into such sensitive and delicate subjects as national security.

In short I will describe Mr Janjua as people's champion.

Last edited:
thats a reactionary response to yr posts and the other member's.

I personally know Gen Janjua, since im a student in NDU where he was in charge.He is known as a very good administrator and thoughtful person, basically someone who knows what he is doing.

After NDU he was posted as commander southern command and thats because of him that baluchistan has got peace and we see all those terrorists surrendering in mass numbers, so much so that hard core terrorist leaders r now preferring to talk.

In Low Intensity Conflict situations, where rebel's reasons r justified to take up arms as case in baluchistan, its not abt how u can simply crush them like we r doing with taliban, but winning hearts and minds is the name of the game and he has done that. Also now since indians now openly hosting Harbayar Marri types we need an equal of Ajit Doval in our ranks, hence forth a man who knows abt everything related to Baluchistan and has seen first hand their support for terrorists, he is the right man for the right job.

All of this has been told by ex armymen in the forum like @Irfan Baloch and co. a million times in the forum. Hence its better to gain some knowledge rather then sticking yr finger into such sensitive and delicate subjects as national security.

In short I will describe Mr Janjua as people's champion.
So that tells me you did not even read my posts and started bashing me, wow. I was all along speaking in Lt. Genereal Janjua's favor. It is sad and typical that you did not bother to read what I have written. So please check your facts before you make a judgement. This is an open forum so keep your thoughts to your self about national security. First read and then comment, I think you seem to be opposite of Lt. Gen. Janjua, sorry to say that. This is going to hurt your feelings and I am getting even. So if you can take it with a grain of salt then I have hope.

Last edited:
Over impressed with America are Pakistanis who feel that democracy is for them. I want democracy to flourish because I believe that continuation of the democratic process is the best option for Pakistan. As for corruption Senior army officers have also been proven corrupt.

Democracy is a simple system. Empower the people for one day after four or five years and let them elect the popular person. Best option at present.
Pick the good things where you can, US democracy has its own issues. To continue democracy nation need to be educated, in current state of affairs Bhutto to aaj bhee Zinda hay Zardari kee soorat men. General Powell was Secretary of the State. How about that? Try having an open mind as it is the first step towards democracy.

So that tells me you did not even read my posts and started bashing me, wow. I was all along speaking in Lt. Genereal Janjua's favor. It is sad and typical that you did not bother to read what I have written. So please check your facts before you make a judgement. This is an open forum so keep your thoughts to your self about national security. First read and then comment, I think you seem to be opposite of Lt. Gen. Janjua, sorry to say that. This is going to hurt your feelings and I am getting even. So if you can take it with a grain of salt then I have hope.
BY THE WAY WHERE IS THE FINGER STUCK IN NATIONAL SECURITY?

Maybe the way to preventing Army to have to Takeover every few years due to incapabilties of civ sector, is by incorporating Retired Lt.Gens, Maj.Gens, Brigs and even Colonels in the civilian governments? I mean they are definitely Morally better than the civ portfolio holders, and they are also intellectually superior, patriotic, and better informed about Regional affairs, Geography, National interests etc etc. How about that?

Democracy is between equals who equally under stands the the affairs of the state and are enlightened. Not badmash, haram khur, duo number, choor, chakay, ehsan faramoosh, zalim, qatil, which normally gets elected for personal benefits by exploiting pand* jahil, gawar, anpur, naw dawlateay, gadhay, akal saay padal, mulk ko chand rupe pae Bach denay waly.

We need to change our mindset and start viewing Pakistan from a perspective which is not so negative.

This reminds me of an Old Urdu Saying

"Insaan tu khata ka putla hai, insaan say tu ghalti hoti hai. Tu phir apnay aap ko har waqt insaan sabit karnay mein zaya na karo, aur kuch mehnat karo"

I know our democracy has flaws, but pray tell me what steps have been taken to fix those gaps? Point out a single reform that has been initiated that solves Pakistan's structural problems. For God sake we still haven't reformed NAB, FBR and our Judiciary. Three institutions that are paramount to the smooth running of ant democracy.

I believe in democracy myself, but unfortunately in Pakistan we don't have that. We have plutocracy, unless the Political Parties reform themselves and make themselves democratic, the people of Pakistan will always look at the Armed Forces as a big brother.

The armed forces of Pakistan are an efficient organization and good in their job of defending the Nation. But they cannot run the country. For that each element has to perform. Furthermore the biggest issue is that they consider themselves superior to civilians and look down on them. They are power hungry. When civilians praise them they take it as a confirmation of their own superiority. Ask any veteran he would confirm that they only imposed martial law because the civilians invited them to do so and were very happy when the army came. Please do not invite them again.

Pick the good things where you can, US democracy has its own issues. To continue democracy nation need to be educated, in current state of affairs Bhutto to aaj bhee Zinda hay Zardari kee soorat men. General Powell was Secretary of the State. How about that? Try having an open mind as it is the first step towards democracy.

To continue democracy nations need to be have faith in democracy, believe in their people and have patience. It only requires selection of popular people. As far as Gen Powell is concerned there are principled soldiers like Gen Jahangir Karamat, unfortunately he is not considered very highly.

We need to change our mindset and start viewing Pakistan from a perspective which is not so negative.

The armed forces of Pakistan are an efficient organization and good in their job of defending the Nation. But they cannot run the country. For that each element has to perform. Furthermore the biggest issue is that they consider themselves superior to civilians and look down on them. They are power hungry. When civilians praise them they take it as a confirmation of their own superiority. Ask any veteran he would confirm that they only imposed martial law because the civilians invited them to do so and were very happy when the army came. Please do not invite them again.

i agree but so far we lag too far behind in education of masses and by the standards we already have for leadership we will apparently never reach our destination unless desperate measures and drastic decisions are taken by who ever competent enough to call the shots i dont care if its PMLN, IK or whoever!! we want this country and its people to prosper and thats only possible if we have security and education and health facilities and Bijli for an average Pakistani. that's only our concern, and so far the route the COAS has taken is giving us results and we want this to continue, all the way to the road to prosperity and security.

To continue democracy nations need to be have faith in democracy, believe in their people and have patience. It only requires selection of popular people.

man your so much tightened in your mind regarding the benefits samarat of democracy that the F**k up zaradari, mushe did with Pakistan is still apparently not visible to you?

Ask any veteran he would confirm that they only imposed martial law because the civilians invited them to do so and were very happy when the army came. Please do not invite them again.

Our honorable Prime minister(i will call him because of his 4 points in UNO) invited Mushe by making blunders. the 3-4 years he was CE approved by the rotten judiciary of this country . after that he was elected by the so called democratic setup of this country by your own public. as per constitution. BTW you shouldn't argue with me over these statements as they are facts!

i agree but so far we lag too far behind in education of masses and by the standards we already have for leadership we will apparently never reach our destination unless desperate measures and drastic decisions are taken by who ever competent enough to call the shots i dont care if its PMLN, IK or whoever!! we want this country and its people to prosper and thats only possible if we have security and education and health facilities and Bijli for an average Pakistani. that's only our concern, and so far the route the COAS has taken is giving us results and we want this to continue, all the way to the road to prosperity and security.

man your so much tightened in your mind regarding the benefits samarat of democracy that the F**k up zaradari, mushe did with Pakistan is still apparently not visible to you?

Our honorable Prime minister(i will call him because of his 4 points in UNO) invited Mushe by making blunders. the 3-4 years he was CE approved by the rotten judiciary of this country . after that he was elected by the so called democratic setup of this country by your own public. as per constitution. BTW you shouldn't argue with me over these statements as they are facts!

What is your solution?

To continue democracy nations need to be have faith in democracy, believe in their people and have patience. It only requires selection of popular people. As far as Gen Powell is concerned there are principled soldiers like Gen Jahangir Karamat, unfortunately he is not considered very highly.
Jehangir Kramat was punished wrongly and Nawaz got what he deserved, Musharf. If he had listened to Kramat and not made the blunder of asking his resignation in his dictatorial style, things could have been different if would have acted more sensibly. We as a nation are dictators at heart.

Last edited:
Stupid, i quoted another person, and u came in b/w in his defence. My first post in the thread wasnt referred towards u.

Stupid, i quoted another person, and u came in b/w in his defence. My first post in the thread wasnt referred towards u.
I did not come to his defence, I did not like your language, as we are not first term cadets here. So I was not defending him just pointing out to you. So have you figured out where lies the stupidity.

I did not come to his defence, I did not like your language, as we are not first term cadets here. So I was not defending him just pointing out to you. So have you figured out where lies the stupidity.
In the essence of it stupidity lies in yr as well as his part too.
I may have use harsh language which i shouldnt have, but the level of ignorance abt such sensitive positions, so much so that ones goes on to claim it has army's intervention is a pure laughable matter.

Hence my point that, dont talk abt something u dont know (hope the language and use of words is fine). In the end shoot the message if u can not the manner in which message is delivered which in my case was reactionary.

In the essence of it stupidity lies in yr as well as his part too.
I may have use harsh language which i shouldnt have, but the level of ignorance abt such sensitive positions, so much so that ones goes on to claim it has army's intervention is a pure laughable matter.

Hence my point that, dont talk abt something u dont know (hope the language and use of words is fine). In the end shoot the message if u can not the manner in which message is delivered which in my case was reactionary.
I do not see him divulging any secrets, this is stupidity calling others stupid. I was actually on your side and you made me oppse you because of..... You are trying I will give you that and cannot give up calling me stupid again. I leave it at that. Enjoy and practice your language on your juniors. Not my problem. By the way it is a forum which is open to every one, NOT NDU or Staff college and repeat NO SECTETS or SENSITIVE information was disclosed. You are just using this to shut others up. Anyway let us forget it and move on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom