What's new

Lost city of Mahendraparvata discovered in Cambodian jungle by team of Aust

Ganga is more than just a river it has religious connotations, it would be intresting to see how much of that $1bn world bank loan to clean the river ganges actually is used for just that and how much ends up in the hands of our corrupt babas

I do understand mate - I am an atheist and never had a belief since my young age but think of Hinduism as a culture and feel I belong to this culture. So while I want symbols of hinduism preserved and I want Ganges to be preserved especially the area around Varanasi portion of Ganges, I indicated to him what I felt.

Not anymore im not in Thailand I was there a few years ago but im planning to go back in either Jan or Feb 2014 to both Thailand and Cambodia. I'd like to go to Chiang mai as well this time round and see Cambodia which will be my first visit so I got to go Angkor wat and also people say the capital Phnom Penh is worth going also.

If you are going that far, I suggest getting into Vietnam too as it is 8 hours in bus to Ho Chi Minh City from Phnom Penh. But Phnom Penh in my books is very depressing with symbols of Khmer regime everywhere - Tuol Sleng prison and killing fields. The palace of the Cambodia King is worth seeing and if you want to blast off some AK47s or grenades there are places there.

I do understand mate - I am an atheist and never had a belief since my young age but think of Hinduism as a culture and feel I belong to this culture. So while I want symbols of hinduism preserved and I want Ganges to be preserved especially the area around Varanasi portion of Ganges, I indicated to him what I felt.

People say at one time the Ganges used to have dolphins in it and now look at the state of it makes me so sad but seems the Govt is doing little to address the pollution.

If people want to bathe in the Ganges why not have a shower system where people can still use the water but not actually go into the river itself and we also need to do something about these chemicals from the factories that go into the Ganges.

People say at one time the Ganges used to have dolphins in it and now look at the state of it makes me so sad but seems the Govt is doing little to address the pollution.

If people want to bathe in the Ganges why not have a shower system where people can still use the water but not actually go into the river itself and we also need to do something about these chemicals from the factories that go into the Ganges.

If we had a benevolent dictator we would not have to worry about such trivial matters.

This place will get looted in no time, already scavengers are heading there to take artifacts and historical treasure.

This place will get looted in no time, already scavengers are heading there to take artifacts and historical treasure.

Looting in Siem Reap is a distant memory. Not sure you have been to Siem Reap and how much those areas are protected not to mention that already excavated/restored places are UNESCO sites which means any damage to these sites are not taken lightly covered by all kinds of conventions like Geneva/Hague and laws of war.

Beyond that these areas are covered with minefields layed during the post Khmer period when the Khmer was roaming these jungles.

You don't understand subtleties, don't you? Here is my direct response - You don't need to know what religion my parents belong to.

Its a bit too late to be prudish when you have already been bold enough to declare....

"What do you mean "your Ganga Mata"?? Ganga is just a river in my books" AND

"I am an atheist and never had a belief since my young age but think of Hinduism as a culture and feel I belong to this culture."

No one asked you if "ganaga was Mata in your book" or if "Muhammed was a pedo....." in your book..... neither did anyone asked you what your religion or lack of it was but you said it anyway and also added (without being asked) that you think of Hinduism as a culture. You have already shown that least one of your parents where/is Hindu. Its only logical to ask if your parents where practicing hindus and if they had imparted any Hindu education to you considering your above statements. Subtleties is the last thing one would expect from you :coffee:

On a secondary note its is interesting to note that whenever I ask this question to a muslim or a christian, the answers is "Of course I am a Muslim" or " I am a christian and we belong to syrian christian or whatever sect " ........Its only Hindus who hesitate to answer that they are Hindus .....but they love to declare they are 'atheist' as if that somehow makes them special :lol:

If its any help, you can keep your parents pictures off the net and dont have to name them ......you know ....to preserver their anonymity :azn:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom