What's new

loss making ONGC, Air India, BSNL may shut down

It's in deep freeze. Just like their plans for rafale line.

@Nova2

The new govt means business, they have sweeping changes in mind.
You sure? From the news it feels like they have already invested.

HAL to build 8, then 12, Tejas fighters each year | Business Standard News
The ministry of defence (MoD) has sanctioned Rs 1,556 crore for HAL's high-tech production line that aims to build 12 Tejas fighters each year. The funds will come from the IAF (25 per cent); the navy (25 per cent), while HAL will put up half the money.

Business Standard visited the new Tejas production line, an expansive 28,000-square metre facility in four massive hangars in HAL, Bangalore. Work is already underway on the first IAF order of 20 Tejas Mark I fighters, with an order for 20 more in the pipeline once the aircraft gets "final operational clearance" next year. The first two fighters being "series produced" - they are numbered SP-1 and SP-2 - are visibly taking shape.

PS: is google working on your end?

It's in deep freeze. Just like their plans for rafale line.

@Nova2

The new govt means business, they have sweeping changes in mind.
Modi govt means bussiness for sure. But disinvestment was planned way befor election. But still modi is indeed looking ahead to raise more money from such disinvestments,and it was already know thata BJP will privatise many PSU's as it was made clear in BJP's ajendaaswell. But still bro privatising HAL completely is still hard to digest,people wouldn't buy tht so easily.i guess its better to wait for some official confirmation. :)

You sure? From the news it feels like they have already invested.

HAL to build 8, then 12, Tejas fighters each year | Business Standard News

PS: is google working on your end?

I live in HAL Bangalore. What I came across are recent developments.

Modi govt means bussiness for sure. But disinvestment was planned way befor election. But still modi is indeed looking ahead to raise more money from such disinvestments,and it was already know thata BJP will privatise many PSU's as it was made clear in BJP's ajendaaswell. But still bro privatising HAL completely is still hard to digest,people wouldn't buy tht so easily.i guess its better to wait for some official confirmation. :)[/quote

Sweeping changes and reforms are the key.

:lol: the funny part Hal staff are already planning alternate careers.

I live in HAL Bangalore. What I came across are recent developments.
Well its not like everyone would be axed. Cos i know someone who's been working in VSNL for quite a long time,and he's still there even after privatisation. Some of'em in HAL can breath easy :D

To tell you the truth. HAL guys were nervous from the day Modi asked all of them to shape up or ship out.

That is how it should be! It was British that nationalized HAL and it was all downhill from then. We should than expect all PSUs which survive the next 5years would get streamlined!

Well its not like everyone would be axed. Cos i know someone who's been working in VSNL for quite a long time,and he's still there even after privatisation. Some of'em in HAL can breath easy :D

No, those that have enjoyed years of public sector can't 'breath easy' under private management!

That is how it should be! It was British that nationalized HAL and it was all downhill from then. We should than expect all PSUs which survive the next 5years would get streamlined!
They would definatiely be ,the message has already been sent out by the PM himself ,they will have to pull their socks up and work their *** off to meet the required targets in time or they should be kicked out,it applies to one and all ,from an engineer to a guy at the top most level. If we take this lazziness forward we would be doomed to say the least.

The most shocking inside tidbit - rafale and FGFA productions to go to privates. HAL is looking at closure in another 4 years. HMT already shut down.

India post is requesting them to give status of banking so that they can convert their numerous post offices into bank branches. Center is dragging it's feet on that proposal.
--
let me give one inside news..
--
HAL
nothing to go backward ...
rafel and fgfa only made by HAl..
even L&T veteran of engineering cant handle rafel projects ....
--
indin post..
its decion by RBI not by GOI

Many people live there. Nothing to worry. I am too patriotic.
--
he ..
it defence forumm...
not many from HAL on same forum ..
-
patriotism is goood
over patrioistam .. not good idea
--
just be careful....
--
technology can be used for ALL REASON with TARGETING RIGHT PEOPLE for RIGHT INFO

Back
Top Bottom