What's new

loss making ONGC, Air India, BSNL may shut down

It would be counter productive to shut Air India down, rather having it privatized fully much like BA would be the way to go.
A lot of jobs may be lost in the restructuring that follows but it will be for the better.
I dont think they can shut down any of these. Privatization itself will face lot of opposition from trade union.

sadly decisions were taken by ''politicians'' who had little idea about the aviation Industry. They were warned before had about such a purchase but they being idiots ,tried to act as such. Its not just the purchase but also the merger of two PSU airline's which were making profits before being merged.

The problem is the units are sick because of the sick & lazzy people working in such PSU and on top of that the people on top who are responsible to make these lazzy slot bears to be active ,are lazzy themselves. The only way to solve the issue is to privatise these firms,but doing tht is not easy either. Govt is cautious of not being caught in another coal scam type of thing 10yrs down the line.

I am not blaming the employees alone, beurocrats, politicians, their customers - everyone is at fault. They are overweight laggards that need huge trimming down and cut to size where not one rupee beyond what they are capable of earning gets spent on them.

As I said. To give freebies like remote mobile service and cover non profit routes one does not need lakhs of employees. A small portion of charge can be paid extra as subsidy to performing private entities.

Ongc videsh has some assets but nothing close to what private firms hold. The Vietnam deal hasn't generated one dollar from investments of millions. It might be great for FP. But we are not a rich country to waste billions on millions of useless staff who are non productive.
The plane fiasco is just one aspect. Do you the level of corruption that goes on in these PSUs? You don't have an idea how corrupt each and every staff in those companies are.
--
emplyees
accpeted
most psu overstaff .. under utilsed ..
even AI have 221 employe ./aircraft maxim in word
but whos job is this company manget...
company and govt both are respobnle for this
--
ONGC
vitenam is example
ongc is strategic it competes with china for engry in south ameria . africa
make resver for india and not for individual ...
exa. kg basi godwari gas own by ambani not by india
but bombay high gas owned by you and me and india
Cost of reliance on gas | Frontline
---
corruption
tell me whcih org dont have it
even peole like tatas have to do lobbying.. enogh said..
private sector too not saint..
take top 50 companies -private and see there busines s model
only 10 % cant be condider honest ...
even this one
Infosys to pay $34 million in U.S. visa case| Reuters
---
analsysis isse is right but solution need to more refined

I Agree sir.
--
sir ji im not sir...
refrain from abusive lanague or i will report :-):yahoo::bunny::rofl:

-- accepted
but who willl by it
jet . they took money from emirats for surive
indigo cant mathc that maount
so whom to give
international carrier .. risky for secuirty.. ...
For now I hardly see anyone wgoho would buy it. The cost carriers themselves complain of higher aviation charges at privatised airports.
The problem lie with the working of the Indian Aviation sector on a shole,which has to be reviewed. Selling of an airline wouldn't help much untill the core issues is solved.

I am not blaming the employees alone, beurocrats, politicians, their customers - everyone is at fault. They are overweight laggards that need huge trimming down and cut to size where not one rupee beyond what they are capable of earning gets spent on them.
No need to trim, introduce fire policy for laggards. The employees of any PSU believe that they have a right to get paid at the end of each month + medical and every other facility. They simply are run in the most laid back attitude, for that to change a fire policy for habitual non-performers will automatically trim it to size and the efficiency will increase.

Its about time our Govt. changes the decades old definition of a Govt. employee and see the results.

--
emplyees
accpeted
most psu overstaff .. under utilsed ..
even AI have 221 employe ./aircraft maxim in word
but whos job is this company manget...
company and govt both are respobnle for this
--
ONGC
vitenam is example
ongc is strategic it competes with china for engry in south ameria . africa
make resver for india and not for individual ...
exa. kg basi godwari gas own by ambani not by india
but bombay high gas owned by you and me and india
Cost of reliance on gas | Frontline
---
corruption
tell me whcih org dont have it
even peole like tatas have to do lobbying.. enogh said..
private sector too not saint..
take top 50 companies -private and see there busines s model
only 10 % cant be condider honest ...
even this one
Infosys to pay $34 million in U.S. visa case| Reuters
---
analsysis isse is right but solution need to more refined

--
sir ji im not sir...
refrain from abusive lanague or i will report :-):yahoo::bunny::rofl:

That's the point, you accept everything as right - the over staffing, the corruption, the inefficiency, the loss making....do you know the hours they work and how many holidays and leaves they enjoy? Do you know there is no accountability on performance or productivity of even a single one of them?

Your reason for them being in existence can be easily taken care of at a very marginal cost compared to now.

No need to trim, introduce fire policy for laggards. The employees of any PSU believe that they have a right to get paid at the end of each month + medical and every other facility. They simply are run in the most laid back attitude, for that to change a fire policy for habitual non-performers will automatically trim it to size and the efficiency will increase.

Its about time our Govt. changes the decades old definition of a Govt. employee and see the results.
--
if current goi made IAS work then they can take work from anyone:-)

The question is who implements it and the problem is labor unions and reservations.

That's the point, you accept everything as right - the over staffing, the corruption, the inefficiency, the loss making....do you know the hours they work and how many holidays and leaves they enjoy? Do you know there is no accountability on performance or productivity of even a single one of them?

Your reason for them being in existence can be easily taken care of at a very marginal cost compared to now.
--
i am not accpeting
corruption or overstaing as RIGHT but its a fact which need to be change
---
you analsysis of isse is right but solution need to more refined

The question is who implements it and the problem is labor unions and reservations.
labour uninon are not that bad....
resrervation ..?

Trimming down of govt employees is an herculean task,to say the least it's next impossible untill the entity is privatised. It would become a political issue if modi govt decides to cut down govt employe.things that can be done it to assign them with task ,which has to be completed within a particular timeline if not top notch guy would be axed,but then again its easier said then done. I agree govt entities have huge packets of land (eg.BHEL) ,it would not at all be easy to privatise it.

--
i am not accpeting
corruption or overstaing as RIGHT but its a fact which need to be change
---
you analsysis of isse is right but solution need to more refined

labour uninon are not that bad....
resrervation ..?

Try firing a sc or st emplyee who joined on reservation.

They tried all the refinements and inducements but none worked. Some shaped up and became productive. The others are too dead to come up.

LOL after so much boasting about ONGC drilling in the South China Sea..... India is nothing more than a third world bankrupt :laughcry:

Try firing a sc or st emplyee who joined on reservation.

They tried all the refinements and inducements but none worked. Some shaped up and became productive. The others are too dead to come up.
-
can you baack you claim with proof
that of sc/st

LOL after so much boasting about ONGC drilling in the South China Sea..... India is nothing more than a third world bankrupt :laughcry:
--
with love
China: Massive Credit Bubble Fueled By Shadow Banking And Securitization Could Collapse Banks - Forbes

i am new here sorry i did not know that calling someone sir here will be considered as abusing language.
Anyway i am sorry friend.
-
kidding dear ....:rofl:
enjoy and learn ..
and dont make speeling mistake like me :-)

Back
Top Bottom