What's new

loss making ONGC, Air India, BSNL may shut down

All formulas have been tried over the years. None worked out. I would be very happy if they completely reduce Govt stakes to bare minimum.
--
dear ..
i gave proof and logic why it should not be Privatised but make Accountable and independat (with govt control only in secuirty cases )
--
ONGC
do you think relaince will give subsides oil/kerosin for poor ? oil psu loosing for underrecovery.. but priavet secoter will not loose profit let alone cost reovery...
---
telecomminucation
Airtel dont go remote areas in jahrkhand but bsnl does
communication is criticle for secuirty and development of india
--
Air india
whom you to give it Jet , kingfisher , all in losses
only indigo doing OK
--
conclusion
F1 car can be g8 with schumaker as its requirs some spec skilss
F1 - our psu need to be run schumakers (skilled comeptent peole.. no politicla interfers )
when amature (politican) start dring same car. you will go fo rdiaster. .
so let change system not the ownership

I visited BSNL office. And damn lazy and "tondu" type babu(clerk) was busy in yawning in an AC room..haha
this is the standard of BSNL workers.
Nobody was there to listen my problem carefully regarding bsnl sim.
I think they are getting assured salary thats why ther are not taking their job seriously
govt should make a policy where everyday they inspect "secretly" those clerks whether they are working or sleeping.
If found sleeping cut their salary for that day.

OTW
BSNL should be shut down immidiately or privatize it.
The emloyees are responsible for there this kinda situation.
--
yes . its bad expeinve but dont see though bird eye view but like eagel eyes like PM of india and not citizen of india ..

All formulas have been tried over the years. None worked out. I would be very happy if they completely reduce Govt stakes to bare minimum.
That would make no sense then ,its better to sell it completely than to reduce it at ''bare minimum''. For ONGC they would go for marginal disinvestment. And would perhaps cell around 10-15% to private firms. This would help in cutting down those employes who are of no use,as was the cas with VSNL when 40+% of it was sold to TATA, many employess where removed ,which sadly can happen only when the company is privatised.
There where reports of BSNL & MTNL being merged into one. And for Air India it has been killed by the babus themselves. I guess it was recovering after joining Star Alliance,and there were reports that it wouldn't be privatised,and if they would then still majorty of it would belong to the govt.

--
dear ..
i gave proof and logic why it should not be Privatised but make Accountable and independat (with govt control only in secuirty cases )
--
ONGC
do you think relaince will give subsides oil/kerosin for poor ? oil psu loosing for underrecovery.. but priavet secoter will not loose profit let alone cost reovery...
---
telecomminucation
--
Air india
only indigo doing OK
--
conclusion
F1 - our psu need to be run schumakers (skilled comeptent peole.. no politicla interfers )

Dude, air india causes billions of losses every year. Did you check the news the last couple of days. They bought 62 planes when they needed just 22. They then leased it out for loss.

Bsnl is a red herring.

Govt intends to scrap fuel subsidies completely. One does not need lakhs of employees to give something for free.

Are you seriously arguing in favor of these useless loss making entities? I hope you are not in business, I think you are a psu employee to even argue their case.

That would make no sense then ,its better to sell it completely than to reduce it at ''bare minimum''. For ONGC they would go for marginal disinvestment. And would perhaps cell around 10-15% to private firms. This would help in cutting down those employes who are of no use,as was the cas with VSNL when 40+% of it was sold to TATA, many employess where removed ,which sadly can happen only when the company is privatised.
There where reports of BSNL & MTNL being merged into one. And for Air India it has been killed by the babus themselves. I guess it was recovering after joining Star Alliance,and there were reports that it wouldn't be privatised,and if they would then still majorty of it would belong to the govt.

The problem is all these sick units hold huge government land which cannot be handed over freely to private firms.

Dude, air india causes billions of losses every year. Did you check the news the last couple of days. They bought 62 planes when they needed just 22. They then leased it out for loss.

Bsnl is a red herring.

Govt intends to scrap fuel subsidies completely. One does not need lakhs of employees to give something for free.

Are you seriously arguing in favor of these useless loss making entities? I hope you are not in business, I think you are a psu employee to even argue their case.

The problem is all these sick units hold huge government land which cannot be handed over freely to private firms.
Even with this Current GoI is Not Have Guts to Do it Because of The Trade Unions Present in these organisation Specially
Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which Is Sangh Parivar organisation

Bsnl is a red herring.

--
planes
read vinod rai
board of AI asked for 10 planes then minister raised to 50 with no money
its was bad decision taken by non professiona airline guy
do also serach 2 thing before
1. which aileine connet odd route and not just profitbale riutes
2. how many world airline and indina pirve airline is making brak even let alone profit
emitaates is excpetion
--
BSNL
i would make it double Red herring
but its imp for my bro and sis who are deep inside in indian vilage
no one reach them excpet this guy
--
oil
why do think reliance backed out from oil retail business
Reliance Industries to shut its retail petrol pumps - Economic Times
Reliance plans to restart fuel stations| Reuters
ongc just dont bail our other psu but also to oil exploration other stuff
its key in indian oil deiplomacy
South China Sea: Govt says ONGC Videsh's Vietnamese project is as per international law in response to China's objections about oil exploration - Page2 - The Economic Times on Mobile
--
conclusion
no doubt current state of air idnina bsnl is bad but solution of privatisation not good for peole of india

Air india
only indigo doing OK
Air India is a sad story,it has been messed by politician who had no knowledge of even running a kirana store let alone an Aviation Industry. It has sort of died under its own weight.In short entire Indian Aviation is struggling because of decisions that has been made in the past. Its better to again have a look at those decisions,see if things work out when they are put in place ,which are in favour of Indian aviation on a whole. And even then if it fails then privatise it.

--
dear ..
--
ONGC
---
telecomminucation
--
Air india
only indigo doing OK
--
conclusion

--
yes . its bad expeinve but dont see though bird eye view but like eagel eyes like PM of india and not citizen of india ..
yup, only modi can solve this.

Air India is a sad story,it has been messed by politician who had no knowledge of even running a kirana store let alone an Aviation Industry. It has sort of died under its own weight.In short entire Indian Aviation is struggling because of decisions that has been made in the past. Its better to again have a look at those decisions,see if things work out when they are put in place ,which are in favour of Indian aviation on a whole. And even then if it fails then privatise it.
-- accepted
but who willl by it
jet . they took money from emirats for surive
indigo cant mathc that maount
so whom to give
international carrier .. risky for secuirty.. ...

yup, only modi can solve this.
--
no
let it solve by those who understnad
telecoomunationa nd air and oil secotr
modi work is put right man and accountibity at right palce that it.. thing will change

A VERY VERY VERY VVERY good news. just sell them off or plain shut them down.

these are the symbols of old slothy India. There are reasons WHY they make loss for decades and decades.

--
planes
read vinod rai
board of AI asked for 10 planes then minister raised to 50 with no money
its was bad decision taken by non professiona airline guy
do also serach 2 thing before
1. which aileine connet odd route and not just profitbale riutes
2. how many world airline and indina pirve airline is making brak even let alone profit
emitaates is excpetion
--
BSNL
i would make it double Red herring
but its imp for my bro and sis who are deep inside in indian vilage
no one reach them excpet this guy
--
oil
why do think reliance backed out from oil retail business
Reliance Industries to shut its retail petrol pumps - Economic Times
Reliance plans to restart fuel stations| Reuters
ongc just dont bail our other psu but also to oil exploration other stuff
its key in indian oil deiplomacy
South China Sea: Govt says ONGC Videsh's Vietnamese project is as per international law in response to China's objections about oil exploration - Page2 - The Economic Times on Mobile
--
conclusion
no doubt current state of air idnina bsnl is bad but solution of privatisation not good for peole of india

As I said. To give freebies like remote mobile service and cover non profit routes one does not need lakhs of employees. A small portion of charge can be paid extra as subsidy to performing private entities.

Ongc videsh has some assets but nothing close to what private firms hold. The Vietnam deal hasn't generated one dollar from investments of millions. It might be great for FP. But we are not a rich country to waste billions on millions of useless staff who are non productive.
The plane fiasco is just one aspect. Do you the level of corruption that goes on in these PSUs? You don't have an idea how corrupt each and every staff in those companies are.

sadly decisions were taken by ''politicians'' who had little idea about the aviation Industry. They were warned before had about such a purchase but they being idiots ,tried to act as such. Its not just the purchase but also the merger of two PSU airline's which were making profits before being merged.

The problem is the units are sick because of the sick & lazzy people working in such PSU and on top of that the people on top who are responsible to make these lazzy slot bears to be active ,are lazzy themselves. The only way to solve the issue is to privatise these firms,but doing tht is not easy either. Govt is cautious of not being caught in another coal scam type of thing 10yrs down the line.

It would be counter productive to shut Air India down, rather having it privatized fully much like BA would be the way to go.
A lot of jobs may be lost in the restructuring that follows but it will be for the better.

-- accepted
but who willl by it
jet . they took money from emirats for surive
indigo cant mathc that maount
so whom to give
international carrier .. risky for secuirty.. ...

--
no
let it solve by those who understnad
telecoomunationa nd air and oil secotr
modi work is put right man and accountibity at right palce that it.. thing will change
I Agree sir.

Back
Top Bottom