What's new

Looters during the earthquake...

In the 99 earthquake, there was massive looting. Worse, organ trafficking also took place. We still don't know the exact situation in this earthquake and the true picture will become clear in weeks.
some mafia type organizations doing their usual shit. There was nothing like this. Robberies in broad daylight, stores that had no earthquake damage being picked clean. This is the work of Syrians mostly.

I know! I think you can see them in some of the videos,right?
You can, some of them are very easy to tell. Some look like they could be Turks, speaking Turkish too making it difficult to distinguish.

some mafia type organizations doing their usual shit. There was nothing like this. Robberies in broad daylight, stores that had no earthquake damage being picked clean. This is the work of Syrians mostly.

You can, some of them are very easy to tell. Some look like they could be Turks, speaking Turkish too making it difficult to distinguish.
Unfortunately, the interception of the uncoordinated-going aid trucks was carried out by dishonorable people, almost all of whom were Turkish citizens. Almost all of them should have been shot, but unfortunately they fell down the stairs while our security forces were chasing them.

In the 99 earthquake, although the disaster area was smaller in terms of square kilometers, the looting incidents were horrendous. After a while, when some of them started shooting themselves with the guns they had, the looting started to stop.

Worse, organ trafficking also took place.
What? O_O

I think I noticed some speaking Turkish with bad accents or trying to speak Turkish at least. I'm not saying there aren't Turkish gangs and idiots who loot too,but there's Arabs,Kurds,Turkmen (somebody on youtube said Turks who lived in Syria I think or something like that)

Almost all of them should have been shot, but unfortunately they fell down the stairs while our security forces were chasing them.
Slipping and falling is too good for them!

Unfortunately, the interception of the uncoordinated-going aid trucks was carried out by dishonorable people, almost all of whom were Turkish citizens. Almost all of them should have been shot, but unfortunately they fell down the stairs while our security forces were chasing them.

In the 99 earthquake, although the disaster area was smaller in terms of square kilometers, the looting incidents were horrendous. After a while, when some of them started shooting themselves with the guns they had, the looting started to stop.
The problem is that in this earthquake Army units weren't sent in large numbers. AFAD isn't very sufficient.

If we sent a brigade sized unit to every city, the situation would be very different.

What was done to AKUT is intolerable. It hurt the civilian aid effort a lot. And the typical government corruption tha we've seen AFAD building in Hatay being one of the first to collapse is a laughable event. Who is going to save AFAD from the rubble?

They should commit suicide by hanging from the nearest tree

What? O_O

I think I noticed some speaking Turkish with bad accents or trying to speak Turkish at least. I'm not saying there aren't Turkish gangs and idiots who loot too,but there's Arabs,Kurds,Turkmen (somebody on youtube said Turks who lived in Syria I think or something like that)

Looting is never acceptable, regardless of its scale and quantity. But as someone who lived through the 99 earthquake and knew many people in the epicenter, I must say that unfortunately the situation was not good. Very bad things happened. That is why each team entering the disaster area should be well coordinated, each health team entering the disaster area should be within the knowledge of a certain center. The problem is that 24 years later we are still very unprepared. The fact that the disaster zone covers 11 provinces is not an excuse, if an earthquake of this scale were to hit Istanbul, the population of each district already be around 1 million.

Looting is never acceptable, regardless of its scale and quantity. But as someone who lived through the 99 earthquake and knew many people in the epicenter, I must say that unfortunately the situation was not good. Very bad things happened. That is why each team entering the disaster area should be well coordinated, each health team entering the disaster area should be within the knowledge of a certain center. The problem is that 24 years later we are still very unprepared. The fact that the disaster zone covers 11 provinces is not an excuse, if an earthquake of this scale were to hit Istanbul, the population of each district already be around 1 million.
A friend told me that experts say they are expecting a big earthquake in Istanbul by the end of the month,is it true? Have you heard anything about this? Is the government and the municipality preparing? What's going on?

A friend told me that experts say they are expecting a big earthquake in Istanbul by the end of the month,is it true? Have you heard anything about this? Is the government and the municipality preparing? What's going on?
As soon as you learn some more Turkish, start listening to Celal Şengör's speeches. The man is a national global treasure. One of the greatest geologists in the world. Yet even he can't tell by certain when precisely the earthquake will take place.

It's close. Basically %50 chance in the next couple of years. Something like %80 until 2034

Too bad graphic videos are banned in here.
I would like to show videos where Syrian looters speak Turkish more better with every blow from police

I found some nice ones on youtube as well,some days ago :P

Back
Top Bottom