What's new

Look what Democracy does for Okinawa

ThatDamnGood

Reaction score
A big property "developer" wants land. Its gets it via democratic procedures. Read full article if you aren't certain who the property developer is.

Asia Times Online :: Japan News and Japanese Business and Economy

"The agreement" gives the "property developer workers" extraterritorial privileges: It stipulates that Japanese authorities cannot enter the property developer worksite without permission and that the property developer is not required to hand over suspected workers in criminal cases prior to indictment, and it exempts the property developer from restoring occupied land to its original state or compensating for such restoration at the time of land return to Japan

If governor Nakaima refuses to give a go-ahead to the construction of the contested replacement facility, the Japanese government could try changing a law that gives governors veto rights over land reclamation projects through Japan’s parliament. It approved similar changes in the 1990’s, when an Okinawan governor refused to sign off on extensions of land leases.

Once we were suppose to look after the Ryukyu people but sigh, we failed them. Now they suffer so much. Poorest prefecture in Japan.

Whats democracy got to do here? As I see it, its the agreement thats at fault.

A big property "developer" wants land. Its gets it via democratic procedures. Read full article if you aren't certain who the property developer is.

Asia Times Online :: Japan News and Japanese Business and Economy

"The agreement" gives the "property developer workers" extraterritorial privileges: It stipulates that Japanese authorities cannot enter the property developer worksite without permission and that the property developer is not required to hand over suspected workers in criminal cases prior to indictment, and it exempts the property developer from restoring occupied land to its original state or compensating for such restoration at the time of land return to Japan

If governor Nakaima refuses to give a go-ahead to the construction of the contested replacement facility, the Japanese government could try changing a law that gives governors veto rights over land reclamation projects through Japan’s parliament. It approved similar changes in the 1990’s, when an Okinawan governor refused to sign off on extensions of land leases.

Once we were suppose to look after the Ryukyu people but sigh, we failed them. Now they suffer so much. Poorest prefecture in Japan.

I'm truly curious, what has democracy got to do with the above piece of news? :what:

Perfectly, now why dun you go read something intended for you.

Ngai sit bao more an han tung ngee kong fa.

I asked you a question because I had read your article. If you dont want to answer queries on stuff that you post then why post in the first place? And whom are you trying to impress with your Chinese insults?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom