What's new

Look! helicopter for F-22p

thanks friend - this pic is at least 3-6 months old and posted in the naval forces section!

Fatman can this heli use harpoons and the Chinese C-802/03 cruise missiles?

Fatman can this heli use harpoons and the Chinese C-802/03 cruise missiles?

these are utility choppers.

For search and rescue missions, the helicopter can be fitted with a 250kg-capacity hoist with winch and scoop fitted externally above the starboard side cabin door and a search light

they also have a ECM role.

no harpoons or chinese c802!

The Z-9C was asked mainly for its role in the anti-submarine warfare. So i expected that it should have access to Harpoons or Exocets.

The Z-9C was asked mainly for its role in the anti-submarine warfare. So i expected that it should have access to Harpoons or Exocets.

that was my impression also - in ASW role, they could be armed with sonar bouy's to locate enemy subs. i dont think they are capable to launch anti-ship missiles.

the PN's main ASW helicopters are the Sea Kings which are ageing and require replacement soon.

Thanks for posting the pics abc121. Thanks again. Although it is a bit ugly. ;)

Z9 is not a dedicated ASW helo! it can be equiped with a sonar for submarine detection but cannot carry and anti sub/ship missile! we need to be proactive in replacing aur fleet of sea king helo and Z9 was not a right choice for F22P we must have gone for a helicopter with anti ship missile abilities

regards

Weapons

The Z-9C is fitted with a pair of external pylon to carry 1~2 Chinese indigenous ET52 anti-submarine torpedoes. The ET52 was a Chinese copy of the Italian Whitehead A244/S, using active/passive acoustic homing to a maximum range of 9.5km.

The latest Z-9D can carry two Hongdu TL-10 lightweight anti-ship missiles under its weapon pylons. The missile uses active-radar homing and has a maximum range of 15km. The warhead is 30kg and flying speed is Mach 0.85.

Weapons

The Z-9C is fitted with a pair of external pylon to carry 1~2 Chinese indigenous ET52 anti-submarine torpedoes. The ET52 was a Chinese copy of the Italian Whitehead A244/S, using active/passive acoustic homing to a maximum range of 9.5km.

The latest Z-9D can carry two Hongdu TL-10 lightweight anti-ship missiles under its weapon pylons. The missile uses active-radar homing and has a maximum range of 15km. The warhead is 30kg and flying speed is Mach 0.85.

are we having one of these versions with our F22p, i thought it would be the Z9 with no payload of missiles or torpedos!
if what you say is correct them it will be fine for PN

but just for our knowledge can someone share other options as well, please be realistic and dont think we will be getting some LATEST equipment fromUS nor can we afford expensive platforms,,,

regards!

Back
Top Bottom