What's new

Long Range SAM System For PAF To Counter Indian MRCA+PAK-FA

i hope soo it is the cheapest way to counter growing indian acusation since paf moto is to defend the country i think sam system of LR will make huge difference to pakistan's victory

i hope soo it is the cheapest way to counter growing indian acusation since paf moto is to defend the country i think sam system of LR will make huge difference to pakistan's victory

Spot on. The high altitude SAM system will solidify Pakistan's defensive doctrine to another level. It only makes sense to induct such systems in adequate numbers across important sites and locations in Pakistan. Just a matter of time in my opinion.

sir we are not saying that pakistan should stop buying fighter jets but we are here saying it is not possible for pakistan to go head to head to buy more fighter jets with india after getting JF 17 and J 10B pakistan should look for LR SAM system kindly read my earlier posts thanx for ur kind reply and you also can't rely heavily on fighter jets u must have the defence system of SAM for secondary defence shield after fighter jet and see indian air defence BUK,Tunguska,S-300,Israeli SAM system etc more to come

Correct.But one has to understand the potential hitbacks of such long range systems.
If you say S-300/400 or THAAD, etc they have a range of over 250km.
I just researched the pakistan on google earth which points that the breadth of whole pakistan is not more than 400km.
so whare are you fielding such LR-SAM system? if you put few launchers at your border, it will be considered as an offensive weapon ignoring its defensive capability.Same happened with Ru sale of s-300 to some middle east countries when US said its a possibly ignores MTCR.
In my opinion to pakistan without triggering offesive fielding of LR-SAM it should adopt to medium-high approach.
And which country is going to provide such LR-SAM to pak?
only option is the China version of S-300.And I highly doubt if it is as reliable as the original Russian.
Even many of the EU countries fear the russian SAM with US no exception.
The saying is,
Need a SAM? Go for Russian-Its the best in the world
Need a nuclear warhead? Again go for Russian
Need a nuclear reactor? Go for French
Need a high end engineering system? Go for German
Need a fighterjet? Choose which role you want since Rus,EU,USA have more or less same capability but only manoeuvrability? then Russia
Need a IT program? Go for Indian
Need a RE metal? Only major source china
Need advanced avionics? go for Israel
Need help in sabotage? Go for USA which is best at
Need a good dick? Amsterdam always welcomes you.
Need some organs? Any time availability from China

^^ I beg to differ. Pakistan is in urgent need of a reliable LR-SAM system. For Pakistan such a system will serve as a solid deterrence and defensive layer for preventing Indian fighter aircraft from infiltrating Pakistani air space. The Chinese have made good progress in this field. The latest tests are testimony of this fact. The Chinese have fielded various batteries in considerable numbers. The SAM force has wholly transitioned to systems with excellent, if not exceptional mobility, by contemporary standards. Exactly what Pakistani forces require at this moment.

Last edited:
^^ I beg to differ. Pakistan is in urgent need of a reliable LR-SAM system. For Pakistan such a system will serve as a solid deterrence for keeping Indian fighter aircraft from infiltrating Pakistani air space. The Chinese have made good progress in this field. The latest tests are testimony of this fact. The Chinese have fielded various batteries in considerable numbers. The SAM force has wholly transitioned to systems with excellent, if not exceptional mobility, by contemporary standards.

You are right that pakistan need them..but i guess one of the question is apart from China who all you think can sell you LRSAM... Also which one you think will suffice PAk needs...The most important where do you think these batteries will be placed...I am sure you will not be able to put them close to Border... sathruvinasakh rightly pointed out that in such a scenario this will not be considered a defensive weapon but an offensive one...

i think france is a country who can sell us but al though france dont have LR SAm system yet but with CO- production we can build them with france INSHAHALLAH

You are right that pakistan need them..but i guess one of the question is apart from China who all you think can sell you LRSAM... Also which one you think will suffice PAk needs...The most important where do you think these batteries will be placed...I am sure you will not be able to put them close to Border... sathruvinasakh rightly pointed out that in such a scenario this will not be considered a defensive weapon but an offensive one...

China is the main candidate for the acquisition of LR-SAM batteries for obvious reasons. Well, the positioning of the batteries will largely depend on the mobility and deployment time needed for readying the batteries in time of conflict. Whether this is close to the border or not isn't entirely clear. Pakistan obviously cannot be held responsible for any Indian misunderstanding if the batteries were placed close to the border. Pakistan would gain nothing by starting a conflict with anyone. Pakistan doesn't have an offensive doctrine. Therefore, Indian concerns are unfounded. Whether the Indians regard the placement of SAM batteries as defensive or offensive in nature is a matter of misinterpretation. I'm not going into which SAM battery Pak will be going for. It would be too premature and irresponsible to answer such a highly hypothetical question.

Last edited:
sam system never used for offence sam system always been defensive weapon system who said you its and offencive weapon system

Very modern and effective SAM systems cost SERIOUS money its not a cheap option.

India has just spent $1 billion + on israeli SPYDER SAM system and signed a $1.5 billion dollar deal to jointly develope the MRSAM missle with Israel too.

For effective countering of IAF PAKISTAN needs all tiers of AIR DEFENCE

4TH GEN FIGHTERS

4.5 GEN FIGHTERS

sam systems & ABM systems phassed array ground radars and satalite cover..

MASSIVE INVESTMENT is req to keep pace with ALL YOUR NEIGHBOURS

how can a system made for defending role, turn into a aggressor ....

how can a system made for defending role, turn into a aggressor ....

Well the way Missile Defense system that US wants to put in Poland irks Russia...

Anyways we are all discussing a hypothetical situation and it seems calling SAM an offensive system is wrong...So let's leave it there...

Well the way Missile Defense system that US wants to put in Poland irks Russia...

Anyways we are all discussing a hypothetical situation and it seems calling SAM an offensive system is wrong...So let's leave it there...

I second that mate :cheers:

ok people think a SAM system is cheap? i am sorry but you surely know nothing about SAM systems the S-300s cost SERIOUS MONEY!

SAMs are the last line of defence...YES LAST LINE when your interceptors have failed SAMs are supposed to detter the enemy from creating havoc on your primary installations!

now a SAM system needs a radar for it to track & lock onto a target hence the SEAD operations were developed inorder to track that specific radar & destroy it with in our enemy's case BRAHMOS cruise missiles as well asmaybe HARM missiles. we are currently purchasing our MAR-1's from brazil for the same reason to have sound SEAD operation (SEAD meaning Supressing Enemy Air Defence). now i don't understand how can a LR SAM system which costs us huge amounts of money stop the enemy? the Iraqis tried in operation desert storm & we saw what happened to them!

our best bet is a fighter that can intercept the enemy & take the fight to the enemy! a couple of SAM system protecting our major nuclear installations is a good thing but pinning all our hopes on a SAM system would be a mistake!

Last edited:
All we have to do is look at the Yom Kippur War where extensive Egyptian SAM missiles neutralized the superior Israeli Air Force.

Pakistan needs high altitude SAM Missiles, atleast 50-60 mobile launchers to neutralize the Indian Air Force.

Worst case scenario Potential IAF STRIKE PACKAGE into Pakistan 2013 onwards

F18 Super hornet with stand off missles and late 4th generation jammers/electronic warefare suites

Jaguars/mirages to provide secondary strike with PGM/LASERguided weapons

Air support long range SU30MKI /phalcon Awacs

additional Air cover MIG29 SMT...

Cruise missle strikes from Brahmos 2.8 times the speed of sound from land sea & air

PAF will need J10 & F16/52 & Thunders in very large nos. ALSO THE UAE MIRAGE2000-9 wud give PAF a great western platform of 4 generation design.

Back
Top Bottom