What's new

London 2016? Plans to move Rio Olympics to UK amid concerns over Brazil’s preparations

The Commonwealth Games was seen as a success overall, especially due to the bad start. Shit trolling.

@Topic Being a long time resident of London, this will take a huge toll on our city's finances. Unlikely to happen here.

Didn't the London Olympics actually contribute in a significant way to the UK's economic growth in 2012? Rather than "take a huge toll" on finances!

The financial benefits to London would be most welcome.

Didn't the London Olympics actually contribute in a significant way to the UK's economic growth in 2012? Rather than "take a huge toll" on finances!

The financial benefits to London would be most welcome.
Yes, however doing it again and consecutively will take a toll. Also it will have lost its appeal. London doesn't have that type of money.

Yes, however doing it again and consecutively will take a toll. Also it will have lost its appeal. London doesn't have that type of money.

London is one of the richest cities on the planet. But I agree that perhaps to host another so soon may indeed take its toll.

like people above said, its typical western wishful thinking and feeling surpior. Tough Brazil is a really a bad place to hold a world cup, it would be better giving it Russia, China or India to hold world cup 2014

Give the Olympics to Russia again so that Vladi and his pals can skim more money like they did in Sochi. Fifty four billion dollars ? Please ! Those games sucked.:tup:

Last edited:
What excuse superpower western country Brazil has?? :rofl::rofl: @blackface

It's a fake news. Btw how do you have internet in India?

like people above said, its typical western wishful thinking and feeling surpior. Tough Brazil is a really a bad place to hold a world cup, it would be better giving it Russia, China or India to hold world cup 2014

Brazil is much better than all those countries. The problem is with bureaucracy

It's a fake news. Btw how do you have internet in India?
The number of Internet users in India is more than population of Brazil ;) That is offtopic anyway.

Why superpower Brazil is not able to host simple olympic games?? :rofl:[/]

More than welcome to come to London :enjoy: and bring more international hotties I will take them on a personal tour of the Olympic park.

The number of Internet users in India is more than population of Brazil ;) That is offtopic anyway.

Why superpower Brazil is not able to host simple olympic games?? :rofl:[/]

Bro, you shouldn't laugh at Brazil.Every country that has hosted such a grandiose massive event like the Olympics has always had issues/delays, but they at the end things get done/fixed on time before the games. Even London had some issues before the games.
Also you should know that Brazil is still way more advance in almost every living standard than India, and despite the fact that India is almost 7 times more populous than Brazil, Brazil still has a larger economy than India. In fact India cant even dream of bidding to host an Olympic game this decade. I have said this before, and i will say it again. Don't laugh at a country who is way more advance/has a higher living standard than you. strive to surpass them first before you start making fun of them. This applies to Russians trying to make fun of U.K living standards. Pakistani laughing at India, Indians/Vietnamese laughing at China, chinese laughing at Japan etc.
. In all be humble and accommodating towards others, even when others don't act the same way you do, by doing so you win peoples respect and can change their way of thinking/acting. so take it easy and chill(nothing personal).. cheers. :cheers:

Indian CWG-2010 were embarrassing for India. The humiliation for India was huge! Your British masters in London were disappointed that they trusted India with such an important task.

Poor, peasant, third world countries like India or Brazil should NEVER host major sporting events. You do not have the skills, resources, money or organisation to host such important events.

Countries like Britain and China both hosted wonderful and successful Olympics.

Until China surpasses Brazil in GDP per capital(Brazil still has almost twice China's gdp per capital), then i will know that China is a first world country and Brazil a third world country. until then i will say its the opposite.
This is not to say im comparing the managerial/organization capability/capacity of the two, of course China has a better managerial, industrial, and administrative capability than Brazil by far. But china calling Brazil a third world country my friend is silly, since most Brazilians still live a better life overall than most Chinese do. So i will advice you to be humble(like most chinese friends/people i know).:cheers:

Until China surpasses Brazil in GDP per capital(Brazil still has almost twice China's gdp per capital), then i will know that China is a first world country and Brazil a third world country. until then i will say its the opposite.
This is not to say im comparing the managerial/organization capability/capacity of the two, of course China has a better managerial, industrial, and administrative capability than Brazil by far. But china calling Brazil a third world country my friend is silly, since most Brazilians still live a better life overall than most Chinese do. So i will advice you to be humble(like most chinese friends/people i know).:cheers:

You make some fair points, I cannot argue with what you said. It is the truth.

You people, do some bloody research.

Its a non story, fabricated crap that gets all of you worked up over the Western nations and screaming murder when nothing was actually said by that nation.

That being said, hold any event in developing countries and problems/deaths will occur. If a country is granted the opportunity to host an event they should atleast be able to prevent worker deaths yet the construction for the world cup in Qatar has alot of deaths associated with it already, and Brazil has a few. If a country cant even build stadia without people losing what is most likely to be the only provider of income in the family its a farce.

Back
Top Bottom