What's new

Lok Sabha passes resolution against Pakistan

Call it whatever you wish. It was still a natural expected reaction that defines South Asia.

I dont think its possible to call it anything else. UPA government had gone to great lengths to stabilise relations. I know for a fact that india was ready to make territorial concessions. Entire peace process is now back at square one. The blame really does lie on pak policies.

I dont think its possible to call it anything else. UPA government had gone to great lengths to stabilise relations. I know for a fact that india was ready to make territorial concessions. Entire peace process is now back at square one. The blame really does lie on pak policies.

None whatsoever.
moreover the efforts of the UPA government were not left unmatched by the PPP government. However if the UPA government had an iota of sense within them then they should have anticipated the Pakistani establishment's opposite reactions and tried to support the PPP government in its drive. Sadly that did not happen and it too, like all votebank parties.. resorted to tit for tats.
In essence it had its hand in abandoning the peace overtures.

what a cute tit-for-tat we have going on :D

forget Pakistanis -- the Kashmiris themselves are livid over the un-announced execution; A.G. was just a fall-guy, a scapegoat. He represented everything that india finds scary and destabilizing.

a charismatic and strong political figure who commanded crowds by the hundreds....a sign of resistance. Whether he was what people believe he was is irrelevant at this point

Kashmir didnt erupt in applause when he was executed. The tension and possibility for reprisal against indian occupation was raised manifold. These days I sure wouldn't be having fun being a CPRF guy -especially in the restive Valley - that's for damn sure.

Back
Top Bottom