What's new

Lockheed Martin conducts third successful test of Precision Strike Missile

well it can not be argued that Iran's attack on US base was well calculated and perfectly executed....
putting that aside ...... utilization of tactical ballistic missiles does suggest effectiveness of Iranian area-denial capabilities.....

Notice that ever since cold war aircraft carriers and "airforce" has been go to option for long range strike
this does reflect a change in approach in pentagon

US pulling out of treaty ............ another topic entirely.

I feel like there is nothing that can be added to the discussion anymore.
hence i would like to escape the hellhole of online arguing.
please acknowledge.
Iranian still try to heal their broken ego after the US killed your gold plated general. Lol

Nothing special about your missile strike. It killed 0 americans

Iranian still try to heal their broken ego after the US killed your gold plated general. Lol

Nothing special about your missile strike. It killed 0 americans
sir i assure you....
I did not conduct that attack and in no way facilitated, planned , sponsored or executed any of General Qassem solemani's will or orders.
:what::what::what::what::what:

as for attacks effectiveness....
trust me it was very effective...
casualities are up for debate ... but Iran has seemed to shut them up.

Soviets were very annoyed about Pershing II so it will be interesting to see what happens when both China and Russia lose their 1000-4000km range missile monopoly.

Now those Chinese man made island will be extremely vulnerable without US needing put anything on the harms way.

Soviets were very annoyed about Pershing II so it will be interesting to see what happens when both China and Russia lose their 1000-4000km range missile monopoly.

Now those Chinese man made island will be extremely vulnerable without US needing put anything on the harms way.

Especially when the multimode seeker to target ships is placed on PSM. 4 can be launched out of the M270 and 2 by HIMARS, so the US doesn't have to develop a new launcher. The baseline missile range is 550km. The US Army could immediately begin placing these missiles in South Korea and Okinawa.

These are going to be a huge threat to China.

well it can not be argued that Iran's attack on US base was well calculated and perfectly executed....
putting that aside ...... utilization of tactical ballistic missiles does suggest effectiveness of Iranian area-denial capabilities.....

Notice that ever since cold war aircraft carriers and "airforce" has been go to option for long range strike
this does reflect a change in approach in pentagon

US pulling out of treaty ............ another topic entirely.

I feel like there is nothing that can be added to the discussion anymore.
hence i would like to escape the hellhole of online arguing.
please acknowledge.
I can add that this changes everything since the pull out of the INF treaty and has consequences in the ME region. As you said before Iran is trying to implement area denial capabilities. But what if they have to face something even worse where you have to deal with IRBMs with about 5,000 km range or more? Does Iran have such capability to defend against that? Unless the Iranian posters can correct me if I'm wrong. Could place launchers and missiles at Diego Garcia or Europe to hit Iran. Have ships like these and launch from the Med. Sea or somewhere else besides Diego Garcia. Put like 4 to 6 launchers. And they can reload on the ships. Not to mention that the Pershing missiles had MARVs to avoid defense, the first of its kind. One reason why China and Russia didn't want the U.S. to leave the INF treaty.

USNS-Montford-Point-T-ESD-1.jpg

USNS_Lewis_B._Puller_%28T-ESB-3%29_at_Naval_Station_Norfolk_on_20_April_2016.JPG

I can add that this changes everything since the pull out of the INF treaty and has consequences in the ME region. As you said before Iran is trying to implement area denial capabilities. But what if they have to face something even worse where you have to deal with IRBMs with about 5,000 km range or more? Does Iran have such capability to defend against that? Unless the Iranian posters can correct me if I'm wrong. Could place launchers and missiles at Diego Garcia or Europe to hit Iran. Have ships like these and launch from the Med. Sea or somewhere else besides Diego Garcia. Put like 4 to 6 launchers. And they can reload on the ships. Not to mention that the Pershing missiles had MARVs to avoid defense, the first of its kind. One reason why China and Russia didn't want the U.S. to leave the INF treaty.

USNS-Montford-Point-T-ESD-1.jpg

USNS_Lewis_B._Puller_%28T-ESB-3%29_at_Naval_Station_Norfolk_on_20_April_2016.JPG
I am not sure what are you expecting the response from me .......
I literally said that SRBMs and IRBMs are mighty effective
infact i am continuously pointing towards Iranian missile attacks on US base to describe how effective they are...

I think u.s already had accurate cruise missiles and icbms which can strike anywhere in the world so this is no new threat for u.s adversaries

I think u.s already had accurate cruise missiles and icbms which can strike anywhere in the world so this is no new threat for u.s adversaries
ICBMs that the U.S. has is only equipped with nuclear warheads. Another problem is that they are too big to be used on the TELs that the U.S. has. Having IRBMs changes the equation because you can hit your targets from 5000km range beyond the enemy's air defense, along with MARVs that avoids those types of defense. Not to mention the short response time, usually 10 minutes to hit their target from the launch point.

Back
Top Bottom