What's new

Lockdown: Massive clash in Faridpur's Saltha, one killed in police firing

Apart from regional political issue , I suggest Bangladeshi fellows to read the valid points of the bangla article form DW bangla.

https://amp.dw.com/bn/করোনার-বাংলাদেশ-উদ্ভ্রান্ত-সরকার-জনগণ/a-57090921

Whatever maybe the case nothing is more important than livelihood ( even sometimes more than life as you can't save your life without livelihood, and Bangladesh isn't california as a minister rant regularly) , so govt has no other choice if they don't want to face public outrage.

I have posted the following bit in another thread, here. Also quoting that bit in Italic below.

In my opinion, unlikely he came for climate talks. If he visited India only then it would make sense. But he is also visiting BD for climate, if he visits BD, why not Sri Lanka also and other small countries?

Qaud has already done a naval exercise on 5th April in BAY OF BENGAL. UN special envoy for Myanmar Christine Schraner Burgener issued waring on 1st April "a bloodbath is imminent" suggesting civil war in Myanmar. Kerry comes for "Climate Talks" on 2nd April. 1st April US ordered some of their diplomats in Myanmar to evacuate. All of these seem to revolve around the situation in Myanmar.

God knows what is coming. Only saving grace should be India should never want civil war in Myanmar or military action by US in Myanmar because both India and Bangladesh, as well as Thailand will face massive influx of refugees. And with refugees, lot of arms will enter Myanmar and then also enter in neighboring countries.

I have a strong feeling that the above paragraph, the lockdown in BD and the hefazat agitation are related. Below are my arguments:

If the Civil war is imminent and the US+QUAD Allies have determined it is imminent and QUAD navies will be deployed in the surrounding waters to take absolute control of the surrounding seas and oceans, then the following events are related.

1. Modi's visit in BD and receipt of a grand welcome from BAL.
2. Kerry's visit to only BD and India for "climate talks". India is US ally, BAL is Indian ally, so US+India+BAL are allies if the civil war is imminent.

Therefore, I postulate that BAL has already given confirmation to the US and India that they will stay on the side of US lead alliance.

If the Civil war is imminent and the Chinese navy will also try to control the surrounding oceans and they have already understood BAL will be on US side then the following are relevant.

1. Unprecented level of violence by Hefazat that has never been seen before without any sign of abating as of now.

2. The agitations are taking place in various districts and successive manners (read recent news in BD). It appears the agitations are systematic, organized and planned.

3. Hefazat illiterates never had this kind of organization ability. Some outsiders doing it. Likely Jamat and BNP also secretly involved. By extension one of our ummah brothers are involved, by extension China is involved. China does not have this level of capability in BD, must be done through some allies who do. One of our ummah brothers has a lot of historic connection with BNP, Jamat and ahem, fireworks groups.

4. a ummah brtoher only recently started making many overtures to improve relationship. Maybe they chinese first tried the alliance method with BAL (through the ummah brother), didn't work, now trying the hefazat method (through the ummah brother)

Therefore, I postulate that China is trying by indirect means to overturn BAL in favor of another government to ensure BD stays on Chinese side.

Why BD is important if US and China will have a naval showdown? Chittagong may be one of the important locations for both the navies for supplies, logistics etc. Maybe both sides are trying to keep BD on their side.

This could be a total figment of my imagination but it's not an impossibility at least.

But if I am somehow correct,

1. BAL has taken a very wise decision to stay on US side.
2. BAL must not be removed for any reason in this time no matter how much of a killer of democracy they are. If the civil war and showdown is really coming, we are in for a massive influx of refugees and destabilization in the region and BD will be heavily affcted. A strong government that has firm control of the country should stay on to see through the crisis. Not the right time to remove BAL.

@Atlas
Almost good judgment. Let us see how future events unfurl in Burma. The possibility of a US-China showdown there disturbs my mind. For now, it is military vs general public and many tribes.

Almost good judgment. Let us see how future events unfurl in Burma. The possibility of a US-China showdown there disturbs my mind. For now, it is military vs general public and many tribes.

Which is why there is a high possibility Of things Getting out of control and a civil war starting. For the sake of tbe motherland , I hope no civil war happens in Burma. Best outcome For BD I think would be burmese military taking control of the situation and preventing Civil war and then military stays in power in burma for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Which is why there is a high possibility Of things Getting out of control and a civil war starting. For the sake of tbe motherland , I hope no civil war happens in Burma. Best outcome For BD I think would be military taking control of the situation and preventing Civil war and then military stays in power for the foreseeable future.
For a military takeover, General Aziz may not be a good choice for BD. General Moin was good, though!! No one without a vision for the country should be allowed to come to the fore. A non-visionary would only fake and manipulate BBS data when the dire reality can be seen in the people's living standard.

The present anti-corona clash reflects the real situation in BD that the people are less worried about corona than they are about their meals.

The present anti-corona clash reflects the real situation in BD that the people are less worried about corona than they are about their meals.
Covid 19 can't be prevented by lockdown. It's like trying to cover the whole world with leather to save the King's feet from dust.( Better everyone wear shoes or sandals.)

Besides people are now conscious, they know how to go in to self isolation to prevent it.

But look at the people who do business of cloths, shoes , and others that has huge demand during EID?

If those people lost everything all of them will lost everything. So poverty will strike them and all so called development drama will be vanished.

Will BAL create an issue then ,that many people lost their livelihood so we need to stay in power for 20 more years so that we can help the people?

Bangladeshi political parties can do such thing, as they are basically burglar.

Finally this time BAL simply using covid 19 as an issue to supress oposition, they don't care if people suffer.

So people will take care of it care believe.

Khaleda zia re lathi marle kisu zabe asbe na , kintu sorkar zodi public er Pete lathi mare seita public konodin sojjo korbe na.

Ar tachara last year a lock down dia ki balta falaisilo awami league seita sobai dekhse.

So mask and hand sanitiser alongside consciousness is best way to stay safe.

Last edited:
For a military takeover, General Aziz may not be a good choice for BD. General Moin was good, though!! No one without a vision for the country should be allowed to come to the fore. A non-visionary would only fake and manipulate BBS data when the dire reality can be seen in the people's living standard.

No you misunderstood.

I mean best for BD will be if Burmese military takes control of the situation in burma, avoid civil war and stay in power for foreseeable future.

I never suggest military rule for BD. I hate military rule.

Okay finally govt opened shops and shopping malls in lockdown.
https://www.bbc.com/bengali/news-56674994.amp

And if the lockdown isn't extended, everything will be opened 24-7 days as usual.

So finally covid 19 retreated, and it's proven that people mass crowed and mass protest can defeat covid 19 in Bangladesh.

Really unique country amader; bhodro coronar desh , corona ekhane sorkari adesh mene chole, halar bangali e kabol mante chay na. :sarcastic:

Last edited:
It's a fucked up situation in BD. People need to survive, earn, feed their families, do regular chores and daily activities while they are getting affected and dying because of the virus. In this overpopulated country, specially in the capital they can't maintain safe distance from each other in bazaars Shopping malls, bus-stands even the public transports are unsafe even if people pay 60% increased fare for two seats.

People never followed the locked-down properly, now they are arranging medical exams, marriage ceremonies and not even wearing mask and glove as if everything went to normal like before. Bangladeshi workers coming back from ME protests and refuse to stay in quarantine. And now there's 74 more people dead and no ICU for the affected ones or the ones who need it. Amazing!! 👏👏 Will Bihari Billu blame India and our govt for these too?

There's an crazy, inhuman idea circulating in social media, maybe the ones who said it, were not serious but i actually like this "যেমন কুকুর তেমন মুগুর"/"tit for tat" type stuff. Lets shut down all Corona treatment facilities in the country, only treat doctors, nurses and key personals who really need to survive for this country. No need to care for people who don't wanna follow even basic health guidelines. If they want to be reckless and die they let them screw themselves. If people's recklessness helps us to thin the tiny country's population, then why waste that opportunity? Specially if this wipe out the imbeciles. Gives us a chance to start over. @Nilgiri looks like nuking BD into oblivion ain't the only option.

Last edited:
It's a fucked up situation in BD. People need to survive, earn, feed their families, do regular chores and daily activities while they are getting affected and dying because of the virus. In this overpopulated country, specially in the capital they can't maintain safe distance from each other in bazaars Shopping malls, bus-stands even the public transports are unsafe even if people pay 60% increased fare for two seats.
People is paying 60% more , yet they have to share seat , and also standing passengers there. Govt of the country of shiva thakur ( the rhyme) really has fuked up law.
People never followed the locked-down properly, now they are arranging medical exams, marriage ceremonies and not even wearing mask and glove as if everything went to normal like before. Bangladeshi workers coming back from ME protests and refuse to stay in quarantine. And now there's 74 more people dead and no ICU for the affected ones or the ones who need it. Amazing!! 👏👏

After few days of strict monitoring even police did not care whether people wear mask or not. So why people can be conscious since corona obey the order of govt here? Remember once govt decided to reduce corona test to show the infection is less? Now they are testing more to show corona high so that they can tame their own Mullah group hejafat.

People used to die before at home , start testing a mass umber and you will see the result. Govt had one year time , they did nothing to prevent second wave other than just usual ranting. So perhaps it's not wise to blame people.

There's an crazy, inhuman idea circulating in social media, maybe the ones who said it, were not serious but i actually like this "যেমন কুকুর তেমন মুগুর"/"tit for tat" type stuff. Lets shut down all Corona treatment facilities in the country, only treat doctors, nurses and key personals who really need to survive for this country. No need to care for people who don't wanna follow even basic health guidelines. If they want to be reckless and die they let them screw themselves. If people's recklessness helps us to thin the tiny country's population, then why waste that opportunity? Specially if this wipe out the imbeciles. Gives us a chance to start over. @Nilgiri looks like nuking BD into oblivion ain't the only option.
Hospital beds and facilities are nothing compared to support the mass population . Specially in corona case govt failed miserably.

By in this one year they did not take preparation, other than just as usual rant? So before blaming people , blame the idiots who are the policy makers of Bangladesh.

So your treatment only apply for our policy makers , not for common folks.

Last edited:
People is paying 60% more , yet they have no share sit , and also standing passengers there.

How did they do it during the first wave? :what:

After few days of strict monitoring even police did not care whether people wear mask or not. So why people can be conscious since corona obey the order of govt here?
So perhaps it's not wise to blame people.

Govt obviously has fault for letting people in from other countries like Italy, UK and other stupid stuffs. Can't clap with one hand but who is stopping people from using mask, sanitizer and stay in quarantine? I saw what people are doing so i can clearly see who is most guilty one here. Is it govt job now to force basic common sense on people?

If people don't care about their own safety and follow health guidelines even after seeing update on TV everyday the what govt can do? Do you see people in other countries act like these suicidal idiots? No, only "Italian passpurt/fastfut-wala" idiots who "puck your system" are like that. You blame police here and when army-police beat people for not wearing mask they get upset. Better decide what you guys really want. বাচ্চা পোলাপাইন নাকি যে হাতে-ধরায়া, পিটায়া সব কিছু শিখাইতে হবে? FYI army did run Operation Covid Shield till October. Yeah, sure it's not wise to blame people for their idiocy. :rolleyes:

Remember once govt decided to reduce corona test to show the infection is less?

There was shortage of test kit but did they really reduce it? Again what's point of testing when people even don't care.

Now they are testing more to show corona high so that they can tame their own Mullah group hejafat.

Nice conspiracy theory. 😂😂 Which Mullah group are you talking about? The one who didn't give a single flying fuff about COVID-19 and don't wear mask? The one which said Muslims don't get affected by COVID-19, only Kaphir do cause they torture Muslim in China, ME and India? 😂 The one which tell people to only rely on Allah for corona in mosques during Jummah? 😂

You think govt can tame down these brain-dead fanatics using Corona excuse? 😂😂 Tame down. LOL!! Kheyanot-E-Islam's rampage was only for few days, nothing to do with COVID-19. What theory do you have for surge of cases in other countries?

Last edited:
How did they do it during the first wave? :what:
They did for very short time , but later withdrawn for the same issue . Then they again declared to normalized the fare , and it was accepted by travel agencies. However luxury coaches may obeye the rules , but not ithers ,, at least not more than one month.

It's very easy to show you some pictures of selected luxury coaches and claim that all Bangladesh is doing the same.

Govt obviously has fault for letting people in from other countries like Italy, UK and other stupid stuffs. Can't clap with one hand but who is stopping people from using mask, sanitizer and stay in quarantine? I saw what people are doing so i can clearly see who is most guilty one here. Is it govt job now to force basic common sense on people?

If people don't care about their own safety and follow health guidelines even after seeing update on TV everyday the what govt can do? Do you see people in other countries act like these suicidal idiots? No, only "Italian passpurt/fastfut-wala" idiots who "puck your system" are like that. You blame police here and when army-police beat people for not wearing mask they get upset. Better decide what you guys really want. বাচ্চা পোলাপাইন নাকি যে হাতে-ধরায়া, পিটায়া সব কিছু শিখাইতে হবে? FYI army did run Operation Covid Shield till October. Yeah, sure it's not wise to blame people for their idiocy. :rolleyes:
Na sob to shikhanor dorkar nai. kintu apni zodi sokale kon ek kotha ar bikale arek kotha , taile public apnare balta dia pucchbe kano, ekta matro good logic dite parben? Age sorkarer matha thik korte kon er por public re blame diyen.

Army abar namuk , public army ke manbe Karen army manobik somossa bujhe . Tara control korak ,but sasthobidhi mene sob khola thak, etai asol Somadhan.

Nice conspiracy theory. 😂😂 Which Mullah group are you talking about? The one who didn't give a single flying fuff about COVID-19 and don't wear mask? The one which said Muslims don't get affected by COVID-19, only Kaphir do cause they tortured Muslim in China, ME and India? 😂 The one which tell people to only rely on Allah for corona in mosques during Jummah? 😂
Mone hoy bujhate pari nai apnare. tara manuk ba na manuk lock down er name tader gathering dismantle korar jonnei ei kaj kora hoise eita bolsilam.

And surely Hefjat is home made Mullah by BAL.
You think govt can tame down these brain-dead fanatics using Corona excuse?
Indeed they can , if they created them, they can tame them. Hefajot ke BAL thamaite chay , hefajot o thamte chay , kintu emni emni thamle ze man somman thake na, tai lockdown kore sastho bidhi manar vong dhore theme zaoa sohoj , sap o morlo lathio vanglo na. jonota bujhlo hujur ra ki sastho socheton , asole tole tole ze sob fai fokkikar seita public bujhbe kan?

https://www.kalerkantho.com/online/national/2021/04/08/1021856

পিছু হটল হেফাজত, মুন্সীগঞ্জের সমাবেশ হচ্ছে না
১৪৪ ধারা জারি
অনলাইন ডেস্ক
৮ এপ্রিল, ২০২১ ১১:১২ | পড়া যাবে ২ মিনিটে
প্রিন্ট

পিছু হটল হেফাজত, মুন্সীগঞ্জের সমাবেশ হচ্ছে না

নরেন্দ্র মোদির ঢাকা সফরের সময় দেশের বিভিন্ন জায়গায় সহিংস বিক্ষোভ করেছিল হেফাজতে ইসলাম।

অ- অ অ+

সম্প্রতি ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রী নরেন্দ্র মোদির আগমনের প্রতিবাদে হেফাজতের ডাকা বিক্ষোভ ও হরতাল থেকে সৃষ্ট সহিংসতায় অন্তত ১৭ জনের প্রাণহানি ও নজিরবিহীন তাণ্ডবের রেশ এখনো কাটেনি। এরই মধ্যে ঢাকার কাছে মুন্সীগঞ্জ জেলার সিরাজদিখান উপজেলায় ইসলামপন্থী সংগঠনটি নতুন করে সমাবেশের ডাক দেওয়ায় জনমনে আতঙ্ক সৃষ্টি হয়েছিল। তবে পুলিশ ও প্রশাসনের কঠোর অবস্থানের কারণে শেষ পর্যন্ত পিছু হটেছে হেফাজত। সমাবেশ না করার সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে তারা।
ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রী নরেন্দ্র মোদির বাংলাদেশ সফরকে কেন্দ্র করে দেশের বিভিন্ন জায়গায় হেফাজতে ইসলামের সহিংস বিক্ষোভের সময় মৃত্যুর ঘটনার প্রতিবাদে বৃহস্পতিবার (০৮ এপ্রিল) সিরাজদিখান উপজেলায় বিক্ষোভ সমাবেশের ডাক দিয়েছিল সংগঠনটি।
প্রশাসনের পক্ষ থেকে ১৪৪ ধারা জারির পর বিক্ষোভ সমাবেশ থেকে পিছু হটে হেফাজতে ইসলাম। বুধবার সন্ধ্যায় তারা সমাবেশ স্থগিতের ঘোষণা দেয়।
এর আগে মুন্সীগঞ্জের পুলিশ সুপার আব্দুল মোনেম এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বলেন, ১৪৪ ধারা অমান্য করে হেফাজতে ইসলাম যদি সভা-সমাবেশ কিংবা লোক জড়ো করার চেষ্টা করে তাহলে কঠোর ব্যবস্থা নেওয়া হবে। কোনোভাবেই ছাড় দেওয়া হবে না।
মীর নাসিরউদ্দিন উজ্জ্বল জানিয়েছেন, যেকোনো ধরনের সংঘাতের আশঙ্কায় ৫০০-এর বেশি পুলিশ সদস্য ওই এলাকায় মোতায়েন করা হয়েছে। হেফাজত যাতে কোনোভাবেই আজকের এই সমাবেশ করতে না পারে সে জন্য সেখানে ১৪৪ ধারা জারি করা হয়েছে। আইন-শৃঙ্খলা পরিস্থিতির অবনতির আশঙ্কায় সভা-সমাবেশের ওপর নিষেধাজ্ঞা দিয়ে ১৪৪ ধারা জারি করা হয়েছে।
মুন্সীগঞ্জের স্থানীয় সাংবাদিক মীর নাসিরউদ্দিন উজ্জ্বল জানিয়েছেন, বুধবার সন্ধ্যা ৬টা থেকে বৃহস্পতিবার রাত ১০টা পর্যন্ত ১৪৪ ধারা জারি করা হয়েছে কেয়াইন ইউনিয়নের কুচিয়ামোড়া কলেজ মাঠ এবং নিমতলা বাসস্ট্যান্ডসহ চারটি জায়গায়।
এদিকে হেফাজতে ইসলামের সহকারী প্রচার সম্পাদক মোহাম্মদ ফয়সাল জানিয়েছেন, 'এরই মধ্যে সমাবেশ স্থগিত করা হয়েছে এবং মুন্সীগঞ্জের ওই এলাকায় হেফাজতে ইসলামের নেতাকর্মীরা জড়ো হবেন না। করোনা পরিস্থিতিতে আমরা নিজেরাই এ সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি। এ ছাড়া প্রশাসনের তরফ থেকেও আমাদের স্থানীয় নেতাদের কাছে অনুরোধ করা হয়েছিল।'
উল্লেখ্য, গত সপ্তাহের হেফাজতে ইসলামের ডাকা হরতালের সময় মুন্সীগঞ্জে হেফাজতে ইসলামের নেতাকর্মীদের সঙ্গে পুলিশের সংঘর্ষ হয়েছিল। ওই ঘটনায় পুলিশ ও হেফাজতে ইসলামের সমর্থকরা আহত হয়েছিলেন।

mathay dhuklo ? na dhukar to karon dekhi na. Eison akash theika pore na bujhen na? Coronar ojuhat ei hefajot somman bachiye theme gelo. BAL happy , Hefajot o happy , majhe khali khunakhuni hoilo, ekta lok mara gelo.
@The Ronin

Last edited:
apni zodi sokale kon ek kotha ar bikale arek kotha , taile public apnare balta dia pucchbe kan ekta matro good logic dite parben? Age sorkarer matha thik korte kon er por public re bujhaiyen.

সকালে এক কথা, বিকালে এক কথা দিয়ে কি বুঝাইলা? হ্যা, এইটা সত্য যে এইবারের লকডাউনটা হাস্যকর ছিল আর এর জন্য পরিস্থিতি অনেকটাই দায়ী যেটা আগে বললাম। তো আগের বছরের ওয়ারী, রাজাবাজারের লকডাউনে মানুষ কি করছে তাও দেখা আছে। লকডাউন সত্ত্বেও বেড়া ডিঙ্গিয়ে বারবার আসা-যাওয়া, স্বাস্থ্যবিধি-নিয়মের তোয়াক্কা না করা কি কি করছ আর এখনও করতাছ তা সোশ্যাল মিডিয়া আর খবর দেখলে ভালই বুঝা যায়।

সরকারের মাথা ঠিক করবে কি, তোমাদের নিজেদের মাথারই তো ঠিক নাই। সরকারের মাথা খারাপ বলে তোমরাও পাগলামি-ছাগলামি করবা নাকি? লিংক আমাকে দেখিয়ে কি লাভ? লকডাউন তো দূরে থাক, স্বাস্থ্যবিধিই মান না তোমরা। দুইটা, তিনটা, চারটা, পাচটা করতে করতে ছয়টা মাস্কও এখন মানুষ দশটাকা দিয়ে কিনতে চায় না আর তুমি এইখানে পাবলিকের সাফাই গাও।

Hefajot ke BAL thamaite chay , hefajot o thamte chay , kintu emni emni thamle ze man somman thake na, tai lockdown kore sastho bidhi manar vong dhore theme zaoa sohoj , sap o morlo lathio vanglo na. jonota bujhlo hujur ra ki sastho socheton , asole tole tole ze sob fai fokkikar seita public bujhbe kan?
করোনা পরিস্থিতিতে আমরা নিজেরাই এ সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি।
Coronar ojuhat ei hefajot somman bachiye theme gelo.

তাই নাকি? 😂 হেফাজতকে থামাতে পুলিশ-মামলা এখন যথেষ্ট না? 😂 নায়েবে আমিরকে তো কান্নাকাটি করাতে করোনা লাগল না দেখলাম। 😂 তো করোনা দিয়েই যদি "সসম্মানে" এদের থামানো লাগে তাহলে রিসোর্টে যেয়ে বউ, মোবাইলে পর্ন খুজে পায় কেন পুলিশ-র‍্যাব? 😂 এখনও গ্রেফতার চলতাসে কেন? মেশিনগান দিয়ে থানার নিরাপত্তাই তাহলে বাড়ানো লাগে কেন? করোনা চলে গেলে "সসম্মানে" থামবা কিভাবে?

জনতা নিজদের চিন্তা না করে কাঠ-মোল্লাদের স্বাস্থ্যসচেতনতা নিয়ে এত পেরেশান? :cheesy: এরা তৌহিদি জনতা নাকি? 😂 এত অসাধারন সব থিওরি নিয়ে ঘুমাও কিভাবে? 😂 অবশ্য তোমার কথা-বার্তায় যেমন সাহিত্যিক-সাহিত্যিক ভাব পাওয়া যায়, তাতে অসম্ভব কিছু না। :rolleyes: এইসব এক লাইন হাইলাইট করে দুইয়ে দুইয়ে চার মেলানোর চেষ্টা বাদ দিতে পার। তুমি নিজের তৈরি এইসব হাস্যকর উদ্ভট থিওরি বিশ্বাস করলেও, অন্য কাউরে করাইতে যাইওনা।

তোমার থিওরির সাথে, মাঠের পরিস্থিতি মিলে না। হেফাজতের শিক্ষিত-অশিক্ষিত রামছাগল সাপোর্টাররাও তোমার এই থিওরি কপচাচ্ছে না। কাঠমোল্লাদের সসম্মানে থামার জন্য এতগুলা মানুষ মারা যায় না, সো মানুষের মৃত্যু নিয়ে এইসব ফাইজলামি বাদ দেও। আর হেফাজতের উত্থান কিভাবে, কেন তা একটু ঘাইটা আইসা কথা বইল। আওয়ামীলীগ কবে এদের সাথে জড়িয়েছে, কেন জড়িয়েছে সেইটাও ঘেট একটু। আর মানুষ শাপলা চত্বরের ঘটনা থেকেই জানে যে এরা তলে তলে মিচকে শয়তান, এত নাটক করার দরকার নাই।

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom