What's new

Local company making, exporting unmanned aircraft

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Local company making, exporting unmanned aircraft

By A H Khanzada

KARACHI: Integrated Dynamics a local company is manufacturing and exporting unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) at $20,000 per price against starting price of $0.2 million in the global market.

“The company has already exported UAVs to Spain, Australia, South Korea, and Libya,”

Raja Sabri Khan, chief executive Integrated Dynamics said talking to the News at his stall at Expo Centre during the ongoing IDEAS 2006.

“During past 18 months our company has exported approximately over $0.3 million worth of UAVs,” he said.

“Visiting delegates from France, Turkey, Egypt, and Germany have visited this stall and showed interest in collaboration,” he said adding that talks are in initial phase and hopefully result would be better.

Raja said that the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), play a significant role in war strategy. UAV are used for surveillance during peace and detection of enemy positions in war.

He told The News, “With a background in Aerospace, I started about 15 years ago and today my company not only indigenously manufactures UAV, but exports the same to several countries of the world.”

Elaborating the importance of UAV, Raja said that developments have been in progress and people will see that the remote controlled instrument or the UAV would be the most effective equipment during peace and war.

“We are the only company in Pakistan that had exported the Pak-made UAV to Australia, South Korea, USA and others,” he mentioned adding that Pakistan has capability to produce more if government supports the private sector in this venture.

“UAV having ranges of five to five thousand kilometres are available in global markets and our models have operational range of 20 to 1600 kilometres. Our product has the almost the same system as UAV made in developed countries yet our rates are higly competitive,” he said.

“In the world market the price of a UAV starts at about $0.2 million but we sell almost the same product at $20,000,” he said.

Regarding ‘Tornado’ one of the products Integrated Dynamics, he said that it appears on the radar as a fighter aircraft for which it would be targeted giving away the exact location of enemy.

Responding to a question he said that, cooperation from the government would improve company’s performance and put Pakistan on UAV supply source map in the world market.

Replying to another question he said that development in the aerospace industry needs extra-ordinary government patronage particularly in education, research and trade.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=32875

great news pakisatni's rock man!
i think govt. should invest in this company so that they could improve and we could make good UCAV...

Quite interesting indeed.
So are they palnning for longer range UAVs also? Are they meant for surveillance only or can they make the un-manned drones for striking at targets as well, such as now used by NATO during many operations in Afghanistan.
Kashif

Well i participated in the Ideas 2006 and I too visited the the stall and, at present our UAVs can perform survaillence and recon both offline as well as in real time but are not capable of striking the hostile targets as the Predator or the Global Hawk can. But non the less its still a big leap and our groung and air forces will now have better battlefield intelligence because of these drones. Apart from the recon UAV we are also producing the targeting drones as well which will go a long way in helping our scientiests to make our missiles more accurate.

You participated in IDEAS 2006?
Hope you took some pics to share with us. :)

Good Info tajammul Sahab. Indeed it is a very important and significant step.
Any pics from that Ideas 2006?
Kashif

What matters is the range it can endure and the survielance eqpmnt it carries.
Why hasnt the PA bought it yet?

to hell with range and other spec...
the main thing is our local company can build UAV and export it to USA, Spain & Australia whichis impossible for u ppl

UAV are pretty prone to attacks.
This information seems somewhat very very insufficient.
They are not as tuff to develope as we think.

Whats the endurance range?
is it reusuable?
Service ceilling?

lmme create a topic in keypublishing forum and lets see if anyone can pull out something outa this.

none the less great developement, but i havent heard of any export anywhere thats why lets see.
any pictures?

to hell with range and other spec...
the main thing is our local company can build UAV and export it to USA, Spain & Australia whichis impossible for u ppl

Well yeah you export it everywhere and at $20,000 a piece PA still doesnt want it.

Well i dont why u r so pissed off, just need to know what purposes are?

Kindly tell me how to up load the pics as i am unfimiliar with that process on this forum.

As for the orders I dont have any confirmed report of UAV being exported to US or any other country but I have seen them and as I said it earlier that they are mainly for recon

I even had the chance to talk to the nescom ppl and according to them they can build a UAV of any size and dimension and put a camera or camreas of any specs on it.

The camera is bought and is not locally made so whatever the operational requirements the camera would be bought accordingly and fitted on the UAV. The weight of the camera would determine the endurance of the UAV . The UAV can be redesigned as well to accomodate bigger cameras without compromising the range and endurance.

Back
Top Bottom