What's new

LoC flare up: August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir in past one and a half month you have lost 7 Soldiers so who is failing every body knows and soon you would hear news of more of Indian soldiers becoming history soon INSHALLAH

6 soldiers mate not 7.

Sir in past one and a half month you have lost 7 Soldiers so who is failing every body knows and soon you would hear news of more of Indian soldiers becoming history soon INSHALLAH

You have lost 5 soldiers in the last 5 days itself , plus 5 in the two months before that as a result of Indian firing. On the other hand , you have lost 100s of soldiers against the Taliban in the past few months. But oh, i forgot , you are a hardcore supporter of the Taliban :lol:

6 soldiers mate not 7.

You lost one at the end of july Mr your Army said it was our snipers who targeted him I posted the link on this thread of your own paper reporting it

Mr I have posted the link of Indian Tribune on your soldier death too Mr read that check out the previous pages you would find that

why lying bro?? There's no news paper called 'Indian Tribune' in India.

why lying bro?? There's no news paper called 'Indian Tribune' in India.
I am talking about this Mr
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India

Pak pounds Indian posts in Poonch; soldier killed
Third firing incident since May 24
Ravi Krishnan Khajuria & Darshan ******/TNS

Jammu/Poonch, June 7
Pakistani troops opened heavy fire on Indian forward posts in Sabjian area of Mandi sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district on Friday afternoon, killing a Naib Subedar of 3 Garhwal Rifles.

The attack comes two days after Nawaz Sharif took over as Pakistan Prime Minister. He had only yesterday vowed to "progressively pursue" normalcy in ties with India while actively seeking solutions to outstanding issues, including Kashmir.

Though the Army did not describe the incident as a truce violation but cross-border firing, Pakistan used heavy fire such as PIKA ammunition, rocket propelled grenades (RPGs) and under barrel grenade launchers (UBGLs). The Pakistani Army fired RPGs from two of its posts, G-Santoo and N-Santoor, on the Indian Khalsa I post.

Following the unprovoked and unwarranted firing, Indian troops retaliated and gave a calibrated response to the Pakistani firing. The situation along the LoC is tense and a high alert has been sounded.

Officiating Defence PRO SN Acharya said heavy firing began around 1pm and lasted for over two hours. “Around 1 pm heavy firing from across the LoC started suddenly on Khalsa forward post in Sabjian area of Mandi sector. Through thick forests in hilly terrain came the fire of PIKA ammunition, RPGs and UBGLs. Consequently, we also gave a calibrated response of LMG and MMG fire,” he said.

In the hostile fire, one of our soldiers, identified as Naib Subedar Bachan Singh of 3 Garhwal Rifles was hit by shrapnel and died, said Acharya. He was a native of Shibu Nagar of Kotdwara tehsil in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand.

“Because of thick forest and poor visibility in the area we can’t confirm the involvement of Pakistani troops in the firing. Militants are also known to use similar arms and ammunition to infiltrate into Indian territory,” Acharya said.

He said the situation along the LoC was tense and the entire stretch had been cordoned off. A high alert has been sounded and a combing operation is on in the forest area close to the borderline, he added. Vigil along the LoC has been increased as the ceasefire violations could be a diversionary tactic to push terrorists into the state from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, sources said. (With PTI inputs)

Heavy gunfire

1pm: Pakistani troops open heavy firing with automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts along the LoC in Sabjian sub-sector of Poonch

Indian troops retaliate after the unprovoked firing; exchange of fire continues

Naib Subedar Bachan Singh of 3 Garhwal Rifles hit by shrapnel; martyred

3pm: The guns fall silent; entire area cordoned off; search operation launched

Back

I am talking about this Mr
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India

Pak pounds Indian posts in Poonch; soldier killed
Third firing incident since May 24
Ravi Krishnan Khajuria & Darshan ******/TNS

Jammu/Poonch, June 7
Pakistani troops opened heavy fire on Indian forward posts in Sabjian area of Mandi sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district on Friday afternoon, killing a Naib Subedar of 3 Garhwal Rifles.

The attack comes two days after Nawaz Sharif took over as Pakistan Prime Minister. He had only yesterday vowed to "progressively pursue" normalcy in ties with India while actively seeking solutions to outstanding issues, including Kashmir.

Though the Army did not describe the incident as a truce violation but cross-border firing, Pakistan used heavy fire such as PIKA ammunition, rocket propelled grenades (RPGs) and under barrel grenade launchers (UBGLs). The Pakistani Army fired RPGs from two of its posts, G-Santoo and N-Santoor, on the Indian Khalsa I post.

Following the unprovoked and unwarranted firing, Indian troops retaliated and gave a calibrated response to the Pakistani firing. The situation along the LoC is tense and a high alert has been sounded.

Officiating Defence PRO SN Acharya said heavy firing began around 1pm and lasted for over two hours. “Around 1 pm heavy firing from across the LoC started suddenly on Khalsa forward post in Sabjian area of Mandi sector. Through thick forests in hilly terrain came the fire of PIKA ammunition, RPGs and UBGLs. Consequently, we also gave a calibrated response of LMG and MMG fire,” he said.

In the hostile fire, one of our soldiers, identified as Naib Subedar Bachan Singh of 3 Garhwal Rifles was hit by shrapnel and died, said Acharya. He was a native of Shibu Nagar of Kotdwara tehsil in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand.

“Because of thick forest and poor visibility in the area we can’t confirm the involvement of Pakistani troops in the firing. Militants are also known to use similar arms and ammunition to infiltrate into Indian territory,” Acharya said.

He said the situation along the LoC was tense and the entire stretch had been cordoned off. A high alert has been sounded and a combing operation is on in the forest area close to the borderline, he added. Vigil along the LoC has been increased as the ceasefire violations could be a diversionary tactic to push terrorists into the state from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, sources said. (With PTI inputs)

Heavy gunfire

1pm: Pakistani troops open heavy firing with automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts along the LoC in Sabjian sub-sector of Poonch

Indian troops retaliate after the unprovoked firing; exchange of fire continues

Naib Subedar Bachan Singh of 3 Garhwal Rifles hit by shrapnel; martyred

3pm: The guns fall silent; entire area cordoned off; search operation launched

Back

Kindly give me that link or else I'll say you are lying. I couldn't fouund any.
This incident happened in June7 and not July end.

Kindly give me that link or else I'll say you are lying. I couldn't fouund any.
This incident happened in June7 and not July end.

I have posted that link either here on or this forum I would give you link off that too
Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara; JCO killed
Majid Jahangir
Tribune News Service

Srinagar, May 18
A Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) was killed and a soldier injured in the early hours of Saturday as the Army foiled an infiltration bid by militants in the Machil Sector of Kupwara district of north Kashmir. The militants left behind two assault rifles and some war-like stores before crossing back into Pakistan occupied Kashmir (***).

An Army patrol of 56 RR noticed movement of four to six militants near the Dapal post close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Machil around 2.30 am, sources said. When the group — which was nearly 4km inside the LoC fence — was challenged, militants opened fire on the troops. JCO Subedar Arun Kumar was killed on the spot, while soldier Solanki Raju was injured in the exchange of fire that lasted for almost an hour.

The infiltration bid came at a time when the Army and Special Operation Group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police have been involved in one of the longest combing and search operations along the LoC in Kupwara district since May 7. The joint searches are being carried out to track a group of heavily armed militants believed to have infiltrated from Pakistan.

“This morning an infiltration bid was foiled in Machil sector and in the gunfight a JCO Subedar identified as Arun Kumar was killed while a soldier Solanki Raju was injured,” Defence spokesman Northern Command Col Rajesh Kalia said. “The search operation is continuing in the forests.”

The militants are believed to have returned back to Pakistan, sources said. They left behind two assault rifles and some war-like stores before crossing back into Pakistan occupied Kashmir. The search operation in the area is continuing.

The militants had crossed the nine-foot-high first tier of LoC fencing, known as the Anti-Insurgency Obstacle System, and infiltrated nearly 4km into Indian territory, but were intercepted by the Army before they could cross the second barbed tier fence.

I have posted that link either here on or this forum I would give you link off that too
Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara; JCO killed
Majid Jahangir
Tribune News Service

Srinagar, May 18
A Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) was killed and a soldier injured in the early hours of Saturday as the Army foiled an infiltration bid by militants in the Machil Sector of Kupwara district of north Kashmir. The militants left behind two assault rifles and some war-like stores before crossing back into Pakistan occupied Kashmir (***).

An Army patrol of 56 RR noticed movement of four to six militants near the Dapal post close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Machil around 2.30 am, sources said. When the group — which was nearly 4km inside the LoC fence — was challenged, militants opened fire on the troops. JCO Subedar Arun Kumar was killed on the spot, while soldier Solanki Raju was injured in the exchange of fire that lasted for almost an hour.

The infiltration bid came at a time when the Army and Special Operation Group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police have been involved in one of the longest combing and search operations along the LoC in Kupwara district since May 7. The joint searches are being carried out to track a group of heavily armed militants believed to have infiltrated from Pakistan.

“This morning an infiltration bid was foiled in Machil sector and in the gunfight a JCO Subedar identified as Arun Kumar was killed while a soldier Solanki Raju was injured,” Defence spokesman Northern Command Col Rajesh Kalia said. “The search operation is continuing in the forests.”

The militants are believed to have returned back to Pakistan, sources said. They left behind two assault rifles and some war-like stores before crossing back into Pakistan occupied Kashmir. The search operation in the area is continuing.

The militants had crossed the nine-foot-high first tier of LoC fencing, known as the Anti-Insurgency Obstacle System, and infiltrated nearly 4km into Indian territory, but were intercepted by the Army before they could cross the second barbed tier fence.

so now since you are caught lying, posting links on encounters with militants?? Sir jee above soldier was martyred fighting militants and not pakistan army.

sir jee you are not reading your own link properly. That BSF soldier 'Ram Niwas' was injured in sniper firing on 5th august, died in hospital on 11th august making 6th martyed this month and that's what we are saying from start. On 27th july, though our soldier was injured, he survived. But what I am asking is where is the source for 7th soldier killed??

sir jee you are not reading your own link properly. That BSF soldier 'Ram Niwas' was injured in sniper firing on 5th august, died in hospital on 11th august making 6th martyed this month and that's what we are saying from start. On 27th july, though our soldier was injured, he survived. But what I am asking is where is the source for 7th soldier killed??

MR the soldier which got injured one next day of 5th August that is 6 Augusts also died and he died before 11th that 2 BSF were injured one died and one survived
A BSF constable posted at a border outpost in Kutch died today when his service rifle went off accidentally, police said.

"Kulabir Singh, a native of Tarlaa tehsil in Jammu district, posted at the Moori border outpost near pillar number 1070, died after his INSAS rifle went off accidentally," the police said.

The border outpost borders Pakistan.

"The bullet hit his forehead," police said.

Singh, a constable with the BSF's 95 batallion, was on duty when the incident occurred between 2.50 PM to 3.05 PM, they said.

BSF 95 batallion's company commander K B Sharma informed the police about the incident.

A case has been registered and further investigations are on.

MR the soldier which got injured one next day of 5th August that is 6 Augusts also died and he died before 11th that 2 BSF were injured one died and one survived
A BSF constable posted at a border outpost in Kutch died today when his service rifle went off accidentally, police said.

"Kulabir Singh, a native of Tarlaa tehsil in Jammu district, posted at the Moori border outpost near pillar number 1070, died after his INSAS rifle went off accidentally," the police said.

The border outpost borders Pakistan.

"The bullet hit his forehead," police said.

Singh, a constable with the BSF's 95 batallion, was on duty when the incident occurred between 2.50 PM to 3.05 PM, they said.

BSF 95 batallion's company commander K B Sharma informed the police about the incident.

A case has been registered and further investigations are on.

Even I am saying that One BSF jawan died in Hospital and that whats making 6 casualties from Indian side by Pakistani firing.
PS: atleast read what are you posting. In above news the BSF jawan died in Kutch(gujarat) because of his own rifle.

@kaykay you are wasting time with that mullah. He wishes more death and destruction under his warped religious fairytale ideas on his own countrymen than on us. Trying to match him intellectually will warrant a voluntary lobotomy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom