What's new

Living in 15 sq ft: Inside Hong Kong’s coffin homes

lol, I live thru the last 15 years of British Colony rule in Hong Kong, EVERYTHING I SAID I SAW FIRST HAND. And I still have relative in Hong Kong waiting on the Public Housing list

There weren't much public housing problem in Hong Kong before turn over, there were 4 programs instead of 2 being offered now. And since 2014 the government consistently missing the 60% Public Build Housing according to the Department data, actually, can you even name the name of that department who was incharge of Public Housing in Hong Kong?

So yes, I suggest you shut your trap if you know shit on the topic at hand

by the way, the article you post confirmed my point of Hong Kong government being the one that cancelled public housing project. IT's weird to say "Hong Kong People do not support such scheme" when it was always the government initiative since Colonial Rule. Please don't bullshit people who actually live in Hong Kong for a long time, or else YOU WILL GET BURN

-- Which is why I say UK make HK people suffer

-- Which is why I say UK make HK people suffer
Sure, UK still have control on HK even after 2010.

house price.jpg

See how much it growth exponentially after 2008? On the other hand, public housing is lacking right about then and what do you expect the property market to go??

But sure, let's blame the British for the market, because you said so.

Sure, UK still have control on HK even after 2010.

View attachment 907034

See how much it growth exponentially after 2008? On the other hand, public housing is lacking right about then and what do you expect the property market to go??

But sure, let's blame the British for the market, because you said so.

Beijing house spike 100x since 1990, but it does not mean anything in terms of living space per capita. Most in Beijing has respectable living space about 30 or so sqm per capita.

Similarly Singapore house price spike 40x since 1970s, but that does not prevent GoS from giving residence high house ownership and respectable living space.

Its a whole basket of policies and main culprit is UK, and thereafter 1997, the HK middle and upper class does not want to sacrifice for the poor.

Beijing house spike 100x since 1990, but it does not mean anything in terms of living space per capita. Most in Beijing has respectable living space about 30 or so sqm per capita.

Similarly Singapore house price spike 40x since 1970s, but that does not prevent GoS from giving residence high house ownership and respectable living space.

Its a whole basket of policies and main culprit is UK, and thereafter 1997, the HK middle and upper class does not want to sacrifice for the poor.
Dude, I am talking about Hong Kong, you can't compare Beijing to US, you also cannot compare Hong Kong to Beijing or Singapore.

On the other hand, you keep saying British is the culprit before 1997, but there are NO EVIDENCE at all to support your argument, on the other hand, I have shown you how much Public Housing is lacking since Chinese took over and the house price exploded, yet you still said UK is the culprit, just keep saying does not make it true you know.

And what did Middle Class or Upper Class have to do with the poor, IT WAS THE GOVERNMENT DUTY to take care of the poor, as I said, there is a law when under British Rule that company deal with real estate have to provide a certain % of land for Public Housing, this law is ABOLISHED when Chinese took over (You already supplied that source). Nobody other than the government should take care of the poor, and big company and land developer WILL NOT do it with the grace of their heart, which mean government have to step in and force it, from where I am seeing, it was the Chinese Government in cahoots with the land developer to jack up the price. British did the opposite, that's why there is no lack of Public Housing back when British was in charge. You are welcome to dispute that, but then what do you actually know about Public Housing in Hong Kong back under British Rule?? You can't even name me the department that was in charge of it.

Dude, I am talking about Hong Kong, you can't compare Beijing to US, you also cannot compare Hong Kong to Beijing or Singapore.

On the other hand, you keep saying British is the culprit before 1997, but there are NO EVIDENCE at all to support your argument, on the other hand, I have shown you how much Public Housing is lacking since Chinese took over and the house price exploded, yet you still said UK is the culprit, just keep saying does not make it true you know.

And what did Middle Class or Upper Class have to do with the poor, IT WAS THE GOVERNMENT DUTY to take care of the poor, as I said, there is a law when under British Rule that company deal with real estate have to provide a certain % of land for Public Housing, this law is ABOLISHED when Chinese took over (You already supplied that source). Nobody other than the government should take care of the poor, and big company and land developer WILL NOT do it with the grace of their heart, which mean government have to step in and force it, from where I am seeing, it was the Chinese Government in cahoots with the land developer to jack up the price. British did the opposite, that's why there is no lack of Public Housing back when British was in charge. You are welcome to dispute that, but then what do you actually know about Public Housing in Hong Kong back under British Rule?? You can't even name me the department that was in charge of it.

The housing problem is already in crisis level before 1997. Problem of house is, once it goes up and it is very very high before 1997, it cannot go down without doing very big collateral damages. What is British doing when Lee Kuan Yew embark in world biggest public housing program -- absolutely nothing.

When Chinese took over they ask Tung Chee Hwa on a Singapore style public housing plans, that anger almost all middle class HK people.

The Anglos are very good at enacting law for cosmetic purpose to shape narratives on one hand, and rigging the technicalities on actual implementation. HK people are high on opium fed by British.

1671573390344-png.906999

Last edited:
The housing problem is already in crisis level before 1997. Problem of house is, once it goes up and it is very very high before 1997, it cannot go down without doing very big collateral damages. What is British doing when Lee Kuan Yew embark in world biggest public housing program -- absolutely nothing.

The Anglos are very good at enacting law for cosmetic purpose to shape narratives on one hand, and rigging the technicalities on actual implementation.
What crisis before 1997? There are ALWAYS problem for housing in Hong Kong, because the land was small, and the population is high. That "Problem" did not manifest into a full-blown crisis at least after 2008.

The House price did not jump until 2008, the public housing quota were met until 2014. How or what manufacture a housing crisis when the 2 most important parameter was met in Hong Kong during Colonial Rule?? Is there a 3rd level if intervention I don't know of that can tip the housing problem into a "Crisis"??

And as if you know what the British was doing in Hong Kong, actually, tell me what the "Anglo" was doing in Hong Kong, can you??

Mind you, I am NOT a fan of the Brits, I see them as greedy and exploiting the people in Hong Kong, that's why I could have got a Full British Citizenship but I didn't bother to, why go and live in a country that I am no fan of? But the only thing that the Brit did right, as far as in my book, is to tackle the Housing Problem in Hong Kong, once the Chinese took over, they literally just drop the ball and say "This isn't my problem".

What crisis before 1997? There are ALWAYS problem for housing in Hong Kong, because the land was small, and the population is high. That "Problem" did not manifest into a full-blown crisis at least after 2008.

The House price did not jump until 2008, the public housing quota were met until 2014. How or what manufacture a housing crisis when the 2 most important parameter was met in Hong Kong during Colonial Rule?? Is there a 3rd level if intervention I don't know of that can tip the housing problem into a "Crisis"??

And as if you know what the British was doing in Hong Kong, actually, tell me what the "Anglo" was doing in Hong Kong, can you??

Mind you, I am NOT a fan of the Brits, I see them as greedy and exploiting the people in Hong Kong, that's why I could have got a Full British Citizenship but I didn't bother to, why go and live in a country that I am no fan of? But the only thing that the Brit did right, as far as in my book, is to tackle the Housing Problem in Hong Kong, once the Chinese took over, they literally just drop the ball and say "This isn't my problem".

HK land is not small per se. Only 20% or less are developed. The rest is parceled as national parks and farm land. There are also large pockets or shallow water that can be easily reclaim but not done.

WTF is British doing when Lee Kuan Yew is building government appartments like crazy, It was British who condemn so many people into live of misery.

1671616172650.png

HK land is not small per se. Only 20% or less are developed. The rest is parceled as national parks and farm land. There are also large pockets or shallow water that can be easily reclaim but not done.

WTF is British doing when Lee Kuan Yew is building government appartments like crazy, It was British who condemn so many people into live of misery.

View attachment 907042
You do know Hong Kong by LAND AREA, is the 4th most dense city in the world, right?

It's small for the 7.8 million population. Of the 408 sq mile land in Hong Kong, 60% are habitable while the other 40% are hills, barren rocks, marshes and coast. And of those 60% inhibitable land, roughly 25% had been developed.

And it is the British Government who is building Tenement like crazy when they were in charge, as I said, they were the one forcing the big real estate developer to build them, it was scaped first year under Tung Rules.

And Singapore already went independent when Lee Kuan Yee was building government apartment, what do you want the British to do??

Back
Top Bottom