What's new

Living At An Airport For $4K A Month

Living At An Airport For $4K A Month

Joe Sobczak, 69, lives in a residential airpark in Groveland, CA. He bought the home in 2017 for $698,000 and pays $4,000 a month in mortgage. He commutes to the bay area in a Beechcraft T-34 Mentor airplane where he works for a major U.S. airline as a flight test pilot.

@VCheng @SQ8 @Goenitz
Assuming he put down 20% as down payment. His mortgage at ~2.5% (2017) should be around $2700. $4000 should also include property taxes I think.

No, the US cities came about on their own, by and large, no conspiracy needed.

And later additions to European cities were specifically designed to conform harmoniously to fit in with existing layouts.
In my opinion, the European way to design cities is far superior. Saudi Arabia had the same city-building philosophy as that of the US, with no public transport whatsoever. It is impossible to survive in Saudi Arabia without a car just like in the US.

Have you travelled to any European city outside the UK? Also, which European city did you like the most during your time there?

In my opinion, the European way to design cities is far superior. Saudi Arabia had the same city-building philosophy as that of the US, with no public transport whatsoever. It is impossible to survive in Saudi Arabia without a car just like in the US.

Have you travelled to any European city outside the UK? Also, which European city did you like the most during your time there?
for some reason Pakistan is doing the same- suburbanization through housing societies, ring roads, highways etc

US did it cause lawmakers were corrupt and took bribes from car manufacturers

for some reason Pakistan is doing the same- suburbanization through housing societies, ring roads, highways etc

US did it cause lawmakers were corrupt and took bribes from car manufacturers
At least Pakistan is also focusing a lot on public transport as well. The public transport network in Lahore is excellent. You should visit Lahore whenever you visit Pakistan.

We do it because it's lazier (as opposed to doing careful future-proof planning) and more chance of making benjamins/quaids

Like many other things, what works for city planning in one country may not necessarily work in any other. Other than UK, I have been to many places in Europe, big cities and small, but Vienna is one of the best IMO.

And even then, cities change with time as people change their habits. For example in USA, with the recent online work movement and rising costs of car ownership are leading to many youngsters opting not to get even a driving license in many bigger metro areas. Many downtown areas are pedestrianizing major streets to improve the quality of life for the residents, with areas for outdoor dining, for example.

Last edited:
We do it because it's lazier (as opposed to doing careful future-proof planning) and more chance of making benjamins/quaids
No government has paid much attention to the housing demand. We need the government to incentivize the construction of residential high-rises in all major Pakistani cities, especially Lahore.

At least Pakistan is also focusing a lot on public transport as well. The public transport network in Lahore is excellent. You should visit Lahore whenever you visit Pakistan.
bro I am Lahori and just visited Lahore - those housing societies are not at all sustainable, city is expanding way too fast for public transportation to catch up, if it was residential high rises I'd be all for it

Yes public transportation in Lahore is good, If I wanted to go from one end of the city to another or somewhere far like undroon, I'd always use public transportation cause it takes less time and from the station Uber or whatever transportation mode I could find

But most of Pakistan is not Lahore nor can we afford public transportation as a country outside of Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, peshwar

bro I am Lahori and just visited Lahore - those housing societies are not at all sustainable, city is expanding way too fast for public transportation to catch up, if it was residential high rises I'd be all for it

Yes public transportation in Lahore is good, If I wanted to go from one end of the city to another or somewhere far like undroon, I'd always use public transportation cause it takes less time and from the station Uber or whatever transportation mode I could find

But most of Pakistan is not Lahore nor can we afford public transportation as a country outside of Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, peshwar
This is exactly what I advocate for, Lahore direly needs high-rises. So much space is being wasted here in Lahore, it's insane.

I'll go out on a limb here and say all our problems would be easier to solve if we were aware of what a condom is.

Deep down, a part of me wishes the conspiracies about the Jews wanting to make Momineen infertile with polio vaccination and iodized salt are true. Because that will another favour the Jews did the world.

Deep down, a part of me wishes the conspiracies about the Jews wanting to make Momineen infertile with polio vaccination and iodized salt are true. Because that will another favour the Jews did the world.
I've had all sorts of vaccinations and have ingested iodized salt all my life. My balls work fine and have kids.

capitalist first world raheezi

da jwab ni

mashallah.. what blessed lives these fly in communities live, garage me cessnas park kar rakhe..

amazing !

@jamahir

I've had all sorts of vaccinations and have ingested iodized salt all my life. My balls work fine and have kids.
So have I (no kids yet, but that's only because I haven't tried :whistle: ), but good luck telling that to the Momineen.

Back
Top Bottom