What's new

Lijian stealth drone has a combat radius of 1,200 kilometers

xhw1986

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Lijian23-151231_copy1.jpg

China's first stealth combat drone, the Lijian, has a combat radius of 1,200 kilometers and is able to launch an attack against targets within the First Island Chain — which extends from Alaska, South Korea, Japan, Okinawa, Taiwan and the Philippines, reports Duowei News, an outlet run by overseas Chinese.

The region may become a primary target for the Lijian as tensions between China and Japan spiral over disputed islands in the East China Sea, with the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force recently deploying its Type 88 anti-ship missiles to the island of Miyako near the contested islands.

The Lijian is designed to attack ground targets at low altitude and it is a perfect weapon against Japanese anti-ship missile positions at Miyako, the report said.

The development of stealth combat drones like the Lijian can enhance the force projection capability of the PLA Air Force. It is unable to conduct long-range strategic bombing missions like the B-2 stealth bomber of the US Air Force, however unmanned combat aerial vehicles are more cost-effective.

As most of China's potential enemies such as Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines and Vietnam are all within the First Island Chain, the PLA Air Force will be able to deploy the Lijian to conduct tactical bombing missions with a total range of 4,000 kilometers. The stealth design will also help the Lijian evade enemy radar and it will thus play a key role in penetrating the Japanese defense line in a potential conflict.

Lijian stealth drone can launch attack within First Island Chain|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

I dislike his *** (RD93? RD33?)

ori_519acbeb02b95.jpeg

W020131122238738183488.jpg

102539132.jpg

France/China/America/Britain stealth attack UAV
13549465726385025307.jpg

09-45-42-72-1.jpg

Last edited:
"No" No What? you Indian Know Nothing.

I know yours can't land on an aircraft carrier. I know it doesn't have 4000 km range since this one has only 1/4 the range. Maybe you can answer the yes part by that poster. You know nothing Chinese boy.

Is it suppose to rival X-47B?
Navy X-47B Unmanned Combat Air System completes carrier tests | NAVAIR - U.S. Navy Naval Air Systems Command - Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Research, Development, Acquisition, Test and Evaluation

actually no.X-47B is a drone that'll be operated from carrier.this one is going to be operated from airstrip.plus,X-47B has way more range,more payload and not mentioning its from USA,who is operating drones and stealth for decades for now,in both field,China is new.I think this one is China's first Flying Wing drone.so,it'll take a lot of time to perfect it as flying wing design is unstable and it is even more hard to operate when it comes to drone.plus this is only first test flight.let it be inducted into service..China didn't even induct its engine yet and it was flying on Russian RD-93.

so,there is no comparison between two..

Well let me be the first on this forum to congratulate China for this remarkable achievement. Indigenous development of stealth/attck drone tech: and, that also of fixed wing design is no small feat. A massive power projection indeed it'll be.

The strike range of Sharp Sword UCAV is 4,000 km if you don't want it to come back. 8-)

If armed with Long Sword cruise missile, the strike range of Sharp Sword increases to over 5,000 km.

Back
Top Bottom