What's new

Light Commando Battalions - LCBs

My take on this is they are shock troops for an advancing force like the Marines of US forces or Ghatak forces of Indian army
Marines are considered heavy wieghts in us army, no way light commando battalions can be compared to that, pakistan has its own marines and they are pretty badass..

Marines are considered heavy wieghts in us army, no way light commando battalions can be compared to that, pakistan has its own marines and they are pretty badass..
Marines are Ground Force of USA Navy and yes they most operations and one major reason most of them are trained as LCB or let USA Rangers.

Some where read or on tv mahaz program every Corp will raise 1 Lcb so 9 Lcb will be raised or regular units trained as Lcb

Similarly fc kph Baluch and ranger will have their units as well

Lcb are trained for airborne assault but not para dropped , if I am not mistaken

FC KPK and BL - have their Spec Wings, nothing to do with LCB which are exclusively a PA formation.

LCB will be PARA qualified, whether in the 21st Century mass dropping of soldiers is feasible, probably not.

@Ulla

1:30 in vid of first post. Is that an MRAP? which terrain is this? Sindh or western border?

If we look at the video closely in one of the pics 7 Lt Comd Batln is written behind on the wall with insignia of Punjab regiment, thus we can assume that atleast 9-10 such battalions may exist.
PA doesn't always use numbering in numerical order, though its possible and you are right, there is an LCB in every Corps. Naming a unit, Lt Cdo Bn, instead of a usual infantry formation like FF, Baluch, NLI etc is interesting.

LCB will be PARA qualified, whether in the 21st Century mass dropping of soldiers is feasible, probably not.
8-)PARA Capability should be there atleast. PA doesn't have a dedicated para troop formation above battalion level, excl SF.

yes MARP and it appear it was pictured in Sindh (may be at the outskirts of Karachi)

It could be also south Waziristan, I guess all MRAPs should and are stationed at the Frontline, why waste MRAPs in Sindh if the Amy needs them on the front?

02:00 is a still from a pre-ambush briefing at a classified location. One of it's kind, where the ambush party of the Ts infiltrating from Afghanistan was ambushed. The infiltrating Ts were kept in sight all the while for 8+ hours before the actual raid was given a go. Nail biting, thriller of a mission. Not a single injury on PA side and 100% of the infiltrating party annihilated (a mix of killed and nabbed). LCB is really coming of age, Alhumdolillah!

It could be also south Waziristan, I guess all MRAPs should and are stationed at the Frontline, why waste MRAPs in Sindh if the Amy needs them on the front?
I don't think we have kekar tree in Waziristan secondly note the the colour of soil + small hills in back ground + built structure is typical shelter we use to see here on government land ....
must be an old picture captured during the time when the these were arrived in Karachi

PA doesn't always use numbering in numerical order, though its possible and you are right, there is an LCB in every Corps. Naming a unit, Lt Cdo Bn, instead of a usual infantry formation like FF, Baluch, NLI etc is interesting.

They are named like 'x LCB'. In the below video, you can see a soldier from 2 LCB firing a CZ 807 during a presentation in Quetta earlier this year.

Surprisingly, PAF is using US made MRAP's as well - for base protection/perimeter patrol.

They are named like 'x LCB'. In the below video, you can see a soldier from 2 LCB firing a CZ 807 during a presentation in Quetta earlier this year.

Surprisingly, PAF is using US made MRAP's as well - for base protection/perimeter patrol.

I think they us APC not MRAP !

Back
Top Bottom