What's new

Life at 50 degree Celsius: How a single man wants to cool down Karachi. BBC Urdu

in our neighbourhood, we have an executive committee and we have converted a previous empty plot (belongs to cbc/dha) which was used to throw trash into a beautiful small garden, we were recently praised by AIG Sindh as being one of the best and model community in town. Our motto: Clean, Green & Secure. We are doing our small part i am sure together in small chunks (neighborhoods) we can plant a whole lot of trees.

there is no solution

maybe if there is a war between India and Pakistan and they decide to nuke each other

driven by the unshakeable faith earth is ours

humans will suffocate to death

Screenshot 2021-09-20 000844.png

its hard to understand why gov officials and politicians / officers citizens failed to grow trees ? they all breath same air after all

Who owns Karachi?

AC office, AC cars, AC homes.... and then vacation in Dubai, SriLanka, Singapore ... kids in a foreign country. Motivation please.
sir its wrong thought . AC or no ac carbon in air is not going away with ac . they are breathing poison be it in home of office or in car .

sir its wrong thought . AC or no ac carbon in air is not going away with ac . they are breathing poison be it in home of office or in car .
They don't care ... when the temperature rises in Karachi, I go to France for a few days ... lolzz..

in our neighbourhood, we have an executive committee and we have converted a previous empty plot (belongs to cbc/dha) which was used to throw trash into a beautiful small garden, we were recently praised by AIG Sindh as being one of the best and model community in town. Our motto: Clean, Green & Secure. We are doing our small part i am sure together in small chunks (neighborhoods) we can plant a whole lot of trees.

Germans do that a lot.

Karachi has a precipitation of 200 mm and belongs to a subtropical desert climate.The precipitation in Germany is more than 500 mm.

If a business owner or working freelance these guys make a pretty decent living.

Tired of waiting of the AC repair guy who wasn't showing up because of the workload during peak season this year, I googled up how to recharge AC gas and went to buy the material and did myself. They charge PKR4500 to fill up gas and service a inverter AC. Material cost per AC is roughly PKR800. Been 4 months and its working fine. Using refilled cylinders is even cheaper. These guys can service 3-5 ACs per day easy.

Karachi has a precipitation of 200 mm and belongs to a subtropical desert climate.The precipitation in Germany is more than 500 mm.
With most of it coming in winter, and autumn, when nothing is growing. I researched this in my free time, Pakistan is in fact quite a watery place in comparison to many agriculturally well doing countries in the world, especially your traditional agricultural regions along the Indus river.

With most of it coming in winter, and autumn, when nothing is growing. I researched this in my free time, Pakistan is in fact quite a watery place in comparison to many agriculturally well doing countries in the world, especially your traditional agricultural regions along the Indus river.
Most of Pakistan is extremely dry and agriculture depends on the Indus River irrigation system - in fact Egypt and Pakistan are both gifts of River Nile and River Indus respectively.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom