What's new

Libya: From Africa’s Wealthiest Democracy to US-NATO Terror Haven

nato psychological warfare, carrot and stick, terrorism really.

reminds me of the 2011 bbc "hard talk" programme interview of the then libyan government spokesman, moussa ibrahim, where the bbc interviewer practically threatens mr. ibrahim with death... mr. ibrahim answers most of the questions so calmly and intelligently...

(( Hardtalk with Moussa Ibrahim Part 1.wmv - YouTube ))

(( Hardtalk with Moussa Ibrahim Part 2.wmv - YouTube ))

Simply horrible. I wonder if these fall under the category of war crimes in international law.

Wealth in comparison, not in absolute value, which is not possible anyway considering how many ways wealth can be interpreted and measured.

In inter-states relations, what matters to US is whether a country is willing to ally with US, not how wealthy it is. Believe it or not, what matters to US matters the same for everyone else as well.

You are correct. This thread proved it.
Is Libya now better than Gadaffi era?

Is Libya now better than Gadaffi era?

Yes. It is "democratic" now with same sex marriage laws and gender equality laws implemented by a gender equality police. The people are so happy that they are thanking NATO and US every day in the morning. Libya is so prosperous now that the African migrants have started to go to Libya for work.

Meanwhile any body remembers the Iran Air Flight 655? Any body remembers bombing of hospitals and embassies around the world from the air? Anybody remembers My Lai Massacre?

Simply horrible. I wonder if these fall under the category of war crimes in international law.

they should be made so, if they are not already... threatening a entire country with destruction and threatening patriots on the correct side with murder on tv surely deserves punishment.

I go YouTube and look at gaddafi interview video. All comments are praising Gaddafi and long for him to be still around. They all curse and swear USA / NATO intervention.

I go YouTube and look at gaddafi interview video. All comments are praising Gaddafi and long for him to be still around. They all curse and swear USA / NATO intervention.

indeed, and so many of these commentors are westerners, which is why i always make distinction between western peoples and western governments.

Yes, the title (Wealthiest Democracy) is rather interesting considering Gaddafi ran the country for 42 years.
In fact I can't even find a country currently with a longer non-royal ruler. Paul Biya of Cameroon is 40 years.
From the way these guys 'think', assuming that what they posted were serious thoughts in the first place, all a country has to do is insert 'Democratic' in its name and voila, the country is as 'democratic' as the Western countries.

Democratic People's Republic of Korea
German Democratic Republic

Yup...Real democracies, those two...:lol:

From the way these guys 'think', assuming that what they posted were serious thoughts in the first place, all a country has to do is insert 'Democratic' in its name and voila, the country is as 'democratic' as the Western countries.

Democratic People's Republic of Korea
German Democratic Republic

Yup...Real democracies, those two...:lol:

let us see you democratically accepting the reasonable arguments of the the communist party of usa.

Libya a democracy? Hahahahaha

go through the discussion from the beginning... it was the only true democracy.

let us see you democratically accepting the reasonable arguments of the the communist party of usa.

go through the discussion from the beginning... it was the only true democracy.
Democracy with how many parties?

Democracy with how many parties?

libyan jamahiriya functioned without a party being in power, a unique system like vostok said in post# 33... the political system considered parties, whether western-style multi-party or single-party, as non-democratic.

why should parties exist when it is the citizens who should directly participate in the functioning of their society?? why should parties exist when it is the citizens who should benefit and not some professional politicians??

Last edited:
libyan jamahiriya functioned without a party being in power, a unique system like vostok said in post# 33... the political system considered parties, whether western-style multi-party or single-party, as non-democratic.

why should parties exist when it is the citizens who should directly participate in the functioning of their society?? why should parties exist when it is the citizens who should benefit and not some professional politicians??

Not everybody who runs for President is in a party. They label themselves as an "Independent".

For instance a list of 2016 Independents.
Independent Presidential Candidates 2016

Not everybody who runs for President is in a party. They label themselves as an "Independent".

For instance a list of 2016 Independents.
Independent Presidential Candidates 2016

hmm, the article provides one very good information that i didn't know...
Not only did Washington refuse to align himself with any political party, he was an enemy of the very notion, believing that it would give rise to partisanship and division in the federal government that would hurt its ability to effectively manage the nation's affairs. He held to this view throughout his administration, and delivered a scathing indictment of parties in politics during his farewell address.

but the article indicates that it would be difficult for political progressives to achieve success in presidential elections in a environment where a candidate cannot deviate from the usa establishment point of view... this becomes a eternal circle where the basis of the system cannot be questioned without suppression or sabotage by the establishment, despite the elections being "open to independents" and "free and fair".

for example, if this lady ( Kshama Sawant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - you will certainly know of her ) decides to stand in the next presidential elections as a late candidate, who would you say will ally with her and would you not agree that she will face serious problems from the establishment??

Last edited:
hmm, the article provides one very good information that i didn't know...

but the article indicates that it would be difficult for political progressives to achieve success in presidential elections in a environment where a candidate cannot deviate from the usa establishment point of view... this becomes a eternal circle where the basis of the system cannot be questioned with suppression or sabotage by the establishment, despite the elections being "open to independents" and "free and fair".

for example, if this lady ( Kshama Sawant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - you will certainly know of her ) decides to stand in the next presidential elections as a late candidate, who would you say will ally with her and would you not agree that she will face serious problems from the establishment??
She can't run because she wasn't born in the U.S. (or US territory)

I'm sure Donald Trump will run as an Independent if he doesn't win the Republican nomination.

List of third party performances in United States elections - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom