What's new

Letter by scholar Mannan Wani on why he chose to pick up gun

the murder of kashmiris and hate by indians on social media say something else
There is no ethnic cleansing or genocide taking place. People are getting killed in clashes but that is hardly a systematic killing. We only target those who take up arms against us. As for social media, I would hardly consider that as a valid representation of anything. People tend to find temporary bravado in situations where there is no direct repercussion. Can't hit someone for name calling over the internet. And those that do take out their anger on the internet always find something to goad them.

Integrate, not subjugate.
70 years have gone by and hundreds of thousands of people martyred, almost three generations have been consumed in this process of integration and the situation has only gone worse.

Let kashmiris decide for themselves.

If anyone is claiming ownership of Land. Then he should Land belongs to God.

Kashmiris are aspiring Pakistanis for 70 years. Evidence proves it.
Still no word on your position on this issue.

Which God? The Muslim God, the Hindu God or somebody else's God? My God?

Kashmiris never wanted to be with Pakistan in the beginning, they wanted reunification and independence. The Pakistani angle is a recent one. I believe even now many would prefer independence to being with either country. Of course religion muddles things up, and a clean cut 'us verses them' view of things aligns things in Pakistan's favor.

And why would we let them decide now, when we can change their outlook to better suit us in the future? We waited 70 years, what's another century gonna harm?

70 years have gone by and hundreds of thousands of people martyred, almost three generations have been consumed in this process of integration and the situation has only gone worse.
Violence in the region is a recent occurrence, at least violence from civilians. Our armies were the ones fighting before that. The situation is also a lot better than it was in the 80s and 90s.

Still no word on your position on this issue.

Kashmiris never wanted to be with Pakistan in the beginning, they wanted reunification and independence. The Pakistani angle is a recent one. I believe even now many would prefer independence to being with either country. Of course religion muddles things up, and a clean cut 'us verses them' view of things aligns things in Pakistan's favor.

And why would we let them decide now, when we can change their outlook to better suit us in the future? We waited 70 years, what's another century gonna harm?

You cant force People.

One more Generation and it will be the only thing they know. War. Insurgency.

My Position is the same. Let them decide.

I am willing to risk it. You cant treat People like that nor you can buy out Nationalism.

Curiously the word God remained the only constant. Rest were adjectives.

You need to Stop trolling yourself.

You cant force People.

One more Generation and it will be the only thing they know. War. Insurgency.

My Position is the same. Let them decide.

I am willing to risk it. You cant treat People like that nor you can buy out Nationalism.

Yeah, you can't. Which means sooner or later the Kashmiris and the government will have to come to a decision. When that time comes, I can guarantee 100%, without a shred of doubt, India will not loose Kashmir. The Indian population will not allow the government to give it up. The government cannot loose that land for political and strategic reasons. I'm afraid that if it ever comes to it, Kashmir will no longer be an identity for its people and it will be Kashmir that pays for noncompliance. I'm not sure what India's gonna do, but there are more humane and non violent ways of making an identity disappear. China has been accused of making ethnic populations 'integrate' before. Or if Pakistan decides to interfere by force, we can always go back to that nuclear wasteland option.

Good news is it doesn't have to go down this road. Pakistan and India can come to agreement, one where no one looses anything and everybody gains something, especially the Kashmiris. I don't know what that option is but I can tell it is not India or Pakistan giving up their part of Kashmir for the other to gobble up.

Yeah, you can't. Which means sooner or later the Kashmiris and the government will have to come to a decision. When that time comes, I can guarantee 100%, without a shred of doubt, India will not loose Kashmir. The Indian population will not allow the government to give it up. The government cannot loose that land for political and strategic reasons. I'm afraid that if it ever comes to it, Kashmir will no longer be an identity for its people and it will be Kashmir that pays for noncompliance. I'm not sure what India's gonna do, but there are more humane and non violent ways of making an identity disappear. China has been accused of making ethnic populations 'integrate' before. Or if Pakistan decides to interfere by force, we can always go back to that nuclear wasteland option.

Good news is it doesn't have to go down this road. Pakistan and India can come to agreement, one where no one looses anything and everybody gains something, especially the Kashmiris. I don't know what that option is but I can tell it is not India or Pakistan giving up their part of Kashmir for the other to gobble up.

You have your calculations man.

How many people have been killed in the history of humanity because of those adjectives? You may be able to accept the constant but many others would rather hold on to their precious adjectives.

How many people have been killed in the history of humanity because of those adjectives? You may be able to accept the constant but many others would rather hold on to their precious adjectives.

Its not my battle

Violence in the region is a recent occurrence, at least violence from civilians. Our armies were the ones fighting before that. The situation is also a lot better than it was in the 80s and 90s.
The situation has gone worse than decades ago as your security establishment thought it would die without outside support but it has only flourished and increased in intensity and became more indigenous ever since. Remember in past you would flaunt the outside support to justify the presence of half a million troops and their operations.

Kashmir = source of water...

Nothing else for Pakistan...

Let kashmiris decide for themselves.

If anyone is claiming ownership of Land. Then he should Land belongs to God.

Kashmiris are aspiring Pakistanis for 70 years. Evidence proves it.

First give that privilege to Baloch, Sindhis, Punjabis, etc... in Pakistan...

India is a democracy and the will of majority is paramount...

India is a democracy and the will of majority is paramount...
Northern Ireland, Wales and England make up the majority, does that mean Scotland cannot hold a referendum to decide the future of their own land? What kind of definition of democracy is taught in India?

Northern Ireland, Wales and England make up the majority, does that mean Scotland cannot hold a referendum to decide the future of their own land? What kind of definition of democracy is taught in India?

You can ask this question to Baloch, Sindhi and others... or to the almighty establishment of Pakistan...

Actually we don't need to follow west on democracy and human rights...

You can ask this question to Baloch, Sindhi and others... or to the almighty establishment of Pakistan...

Actually we don't need to follow west on democracy and human rights...
Democracy itself is a western idea to begin with.

There is no ethnic cleansing or genocide taking place. People are getting killed in clashes but that is hardly a systematic killing. We only target those who take up arms against us. As for social media, I would hardly consider that as a valid representation of anything. People tend to find temporary bravado in situations where there is no direct repercussion. Can't hit someone for name calling over the internet. And those that do take out their anger on the internet always find something to goad them.
saw an indian journo calling for the indian army to use real bullets on protesters and many bakhts there spreading hate, one called for evicting kashmiris

There is growing pressure on the Indian government because of the ongoing militancy in Kashmir. The pressure is internal, to abolish Article 370 of the Indian Constitution. If the militancy does not die down, then there will be no choice but to open up Kashmir to the rest of India.

There won't be any re-education camps like in Xinjiang or Tibet, but abolishing Article 370 will be a very big step in itself.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom