Leonardo, Algerian MoD Jointly Set Up Helicopter Facility In Algeria

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
aw139_hel_1553592826.jpg

Leonardo AW139 helicopter

Leonardo is setting up a new helicopter facilty in Algeria as a joint venture with Algerian Ministry of Defense.

The facility is scheduled to be operational from 2021, the company said in a statement Monday.

The joint venture (with a 51% share owned by the Ministry of National Defence and 49% owned by Leonardo) will be headquartered in a brand new industrial facility at Aïn Arnat, in the Sétif Province.

The joint venture is planned to assemble, sell and support several helicopter models, primarily to meet Algeria’s national requirements, but also for the export market. In addition, it will provide the end users with technical support, maintenance and training services and capabilities.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/24...p_Helicopter_Facility_In_Algeria#.XJojsSgzZPY

@MastanKhan @The Eagle This is what Pakistan should be doing.

With Leonardo's broad portfolio of helos, good reliability, and cutting edge tech, this would have been ideal.

I am sure, Pakistan side is trying everything possible but as compare to Alegerian Defence; we may agree that there comes certain reasons whenever Pakistan name pops up. I don't believe that western tech giants as such will opt the same path for Pakistan until & unless we are paying back more than what few people calls $$. Pakistan could be a good customer but speaking of JV; we have to work a lot to be independent when dealing with Western Tech Giants.

I am sure, Pakistan side is trying everything possible but as compare to Alegerian Defence; we may agree that there comes certain reasons whenever Pakistan name pops up. I don't believe that western tech giants as such will opt the same path for Pakistan until & unless we are paying back more than what few people calls $$. Pakistan could be a good customer but speaking of JV; we have to work a lot to be independent when dealing with Western Tech Giants.

After Italy officially joining CPEC, people are working hard to push Leo to setup a factory in PAK. Initially 2 types AW139, AW189.

When it happens IA, remember you heard it on PDF first :-)

Money speaks,such companies are hardcore professional and business minded entities,do you think the way we are running POF,HIT and various other defence organisations, any sane company would try a JV with us,that too when prime goal of such company would be profit?

After Italy officially joining CPEC, people are working hard to push Leo to setup a factory in PAK. Initially 2 types AW139, AW189.

When it happens IA, remember you heard it on PDF first :-)

Gone through documentation and discussed such possibility. Italian Ambassador has done pretty good work in this regard but on other hand, not every one in the EU might be convinced. Strong lobbying inside Italy is still needed. You will agree that Gen. (R) Raheel Sharif & even Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa, used to visit Italy & we have good relations in Defence sector but then again, it is about customer only. Speaking of CPEC, I can even think about Germany & UK for closing-in. :-)

Money speaks,such companies are hardcore professional and business minded entities,do you think the way we are running POF,HIT and various other defence organisations, any sane company would try a JV with us,that too when prime goal of such company would be profit?

Once a "Money" based source starts spilling out bucks; everything is possible in this regard. Also, Pakistan played few cards very well whereby, certain defence giants are gearing up, once economic starts to pay-off, to capture the market. I am not quoting names but our close defence pacts have made many to think differently.

Once a "Money" based source starts spilling out bucks; everything is possible in this regard. Also, Pakistan played few cards very well whereby, certain defence giants are gearing up, once economic starts to pay-off, to capture the market. I am not quoting names but our close defence pacts have made many to think differently.
I don't have any faith on current setup,we have always failed when it comes to presentation.

I don't have any faith on current setup,we have always failed when it comes to presentation.

Never have your faith on any setup except that I will advise to come with resolution & ideas. A positive criticism can do wonders as compare to blames etc. As far as I see, few of us are so weak heart that will always want others to do for us & if in our view, something did not fill-up per our ideas; we stop trusting & show disappointment.

Never have your faith on any setup except that I will advise to come with resolution & ideas. A positive criticism can do wonders as compare to blames etc. As far as I see, few of us are so weak heart that will always want others to do for us & if in our view, something did not fill-up per our ideas; we stop trusting & show disappointment.
So poetic but hardly matters in our country.
Don't you think an organization like POF or HIT is not capable of designing their own firearm or vehical without external support,they are but they never have done that heck even finishing of POF weapons is something about which everyone complains,a nice built POF 9MM MP5 pistol or G3 Sporter are always losing when it comes to finish.

This company has opened its office in Pakistan recently

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom