What's new

Leio's PLA military photos (kinds of military equipments)

The newest type Z-10A

IMO not ... I'm still more than convinced that these models are the modified pre-serial batch ... regardless what a few here think. It simply does not make any sense to return back in production to the original, prototype configuration after so many new build serials especially since the latest prototype - the one in white - again has the already proven airframe.

Deino

IMO not ... I'm still more than convinced that these models are the modified pre-serial batch ... regardless what a few here think. It simply does not make any sense to return back in production to the original, prototype configuration after so many new build serials especially since the latest prototype - the one in white - again has the already proven airframe.

Deino
I do not think so ... all r modified pre-serial batch or prototypes to attend 09.03 military parade ? Obviously they'r latest updated version WZ-10 with mature & powerful domestic new engine (easily carry 8x KD-10 ATGMs).
112-jpg.252391

211322rsk3sjzsu2yd3jdd.jpg

@ Deino as i talked before, the newest version WZ-10 had mass production ... called WZ-10A, showed in 09.03 BeiJing military parade !
122405kwwzw14wm63c76qt.jpg

I do not think so ... all r modified pre-serial batch or prototypes to attend 09.03 military parade ? Obviously they'r latest updated version WZ-10 with mature & powerful domestic new engine (easily carry 8x KD-10 ATGMs).

YES, IMO simply YES ... even if I know You and a few others here still disagree and that's fine but let me try again to explain:

At first we have this (the prototype) configuration noticeable on the different windows/canopy and tail + most of all targeting device - then we have several pre-serials (at least numbered in the typical pre-serial way) with "101x-serials" all with the same details ... then the serial configuration (reportedly due to a insufficient engine output) with the new standard windows/canopy and shorter / cut tail + most of all the new targeting device .... and now finally this new modified version, that just made its maiden flight (in white but with all details of the standard serials). Why on earth should the be an uprated version Z-10A or H be again have the "old" heavier fuselage and sensor fit when the next version would again have the standard version.

IMO the explanation that these are indeed refurbished pre-serials (esp. since there were not all of these configuration on the show, several were also of the standard version) makes much more sense since it fits nicely into a logical row than then the explanation that they again and again changes the configuration.

my "explanation" in short:

- prototype configuration
- pre-serial configuration (very similar / nearly the same) ... now refurbished and brought into service
- serial version with new tail, new sensors and windows
- modified serial (aka white prototype) seen a few weeks ago

contra the other "explanation":

- prototype configuration
- pre-serial configuration (very similar / nearly the same but old tail, old sensors and old windows)
- standard serial version (new tail, new sensors and windows)
- new serial version again in pre-serial configuration (old tail, old sensors and old windows) ... for only a few
- second new / modified serial (aka white prototype) seen a few weeks ago now back again to standard serial version (new tail, new sensors and windows)

So why ?? If there is indeed a new engine installed - and the WZ-16 is impossible since the European Adidden itself is still not ready ! - why not take the additional gain in performance by using the already proven modified and lighter fuselage ?

Deino

PS: even more at least from what I know there is no, there was no and there will never be a version called WZ-10 ... it's pure and simple a Z-10 !

Given the huge size nose cone of DF-5B, I would not be surprised it can fit a modest 7 MIRV or boldly claim of 10 warhead. I can forsee even DF-41 enter service, this DF-5B ICBM will continue in Chinese service due to its high payload and size.

I like DF-41 where you get these pic?Disapoint DF-41 not appear in parade:(
DF-31A fulfil the road mobile solid fuel ICBM capable of striking any part of US with at least 3 MIRV warhead per silo. It ensure parity with US nuclear power. DF-41 can slowly take its time to perfect.

Back
Top Bottom