BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
LCH flew at Siachen with decent payload: HAL Chief
Published February 25, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

siachen-03-1454500690.jpg

HAL’s Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) which took off and landed at forward landing base in the Siachen Glacier, the world’s highest battlefield last year flew with decent payload at such high altitude (4.8km altitude ) said HAL’s chief T Suvarna Raju.

Raju confirmed that LCH which is first attack helicopter to land and take-off from forward landing base in Siachen with a payload of 400kg. and now has completed performance trials and is paving the way for finalisation of basic IOC Configuration and letter of completion has been handed over by CEMILCA in the presence of defence minister last Oct 2015.

Four LCH Prototypes helicopters currently flying have combined accumulated more than 600 test flights and depending on the customer requirements (Army, Airforce) integration of weapons systems will be taken up so that helicopter can be cleared for weapons trials said, Raju.

LCH performance trials have involved development testing at Bangalore and also under extreme environmental conditions such as cold weather trials at Leh and Hot weather trials at jodhpur and hot and high tests at Leh.

According to HAL, LCH is only attacked helicopter which can operate above 10000-12000 feet altitude with a considerable load of armaments and was first attack helicopter to land at Siachen.

NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission and Direct Citation to Article link or mention of idrw.org or IDRW NEWS NETWORK has to be mentioned .

You called this decent (400 Kg)
Raju confirmed that LCH which is first attack helicopter to land and take-off from forward landing base in Siachen with a payload of 400kg. and now has completed performance trials and is paving the way for finalisation of basic IOC Configuration and letter of completion has been handed over by CEMILCA in the presence of defence minister last Oct 2015.

why don't you you build a light attack chopper make fly 15000 feet with 500kg and prove us your capabilities
If building means taking part from all our the world and call it indigenous ,we don't want to .This was not a taunt to say 400 kg or 500 kg from my end i thought it was misspelled but your mere superiority complex shows "an other incompetent machine in making".

why don't you you build a light attack chopper make fly 15000 feet with 500kg and prove us your capabilities
If building means taking part from all our the world and call it indigenous ,we don't want to .This was not a taunt to say 400 kg or 500 kg from my end i thought it was misspelled but your mere superiority complex shows "an other incompetent machine in making".

Why don't you go on the internet search those parts and let me know!!!!????

we designed it and along with Rudra/Druv... few sub systems and weapons are imported the rest are indian origin...

LoL... make something on your own and come and take here about the compplexes here

he did not define decent, he did not give an example

This is a great feat considering Chetaks and Cheetals can't land or takeoff with more than 100 kg(even less) weight from Sonam post while our dhruv's do same with 600 kg payloads and now LCHs with 400 kg payloads.

Decent means our HAL Cheetah can take only 20 Kg payload in Siachin

PS: Before some dumbs start questioning this payload, they should understand that while at that altitude most of the helis can't even takeoff or land let alone takeoff/land with such payloads.

at this height yes, at sea level many choppers can carry up to 2000 kg's, without armour and gun it can easily carry 800 kgs

Let's not forget that this is still the testing/certification/validation phase of the LCH's devlopment. The flight envelope is only going to be expanded from here.

400kg at >15,000 ft is impressive in itself when you consider the Mi-35s in Kargil couldn't be used at all at such heights. Most helicopters (let alone attack helicopters) couldn't even perform unaided engine start at such heights let alone fly with weapons payloads.

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

LCH_COMPARISON-page-001.jpg

Let's not forget that between them the IA and IAF have order of >110 of the LCH and total numbers will be in excess of 300 and being backed up by >80 AH-64Es and >80 Rudras. This is no joke.

Let's not forget that this is still the testing/certification/validation phase of the LCH's devlopment. The flight envelope is only going to be expanded from here.

400kg at >15,000 ft is impressive in itself when you consider the Mi-35s in Kargil couldn't be used at all at such heights. Most helicopters (let alone attack helicopters) couldn't even perform unaided engine start at such heights let alone fly with weapons payloads.

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

Let's not forget that between them the IA and IAF have order of >110 of the LCH and total numbers will be in excess of 300 and being backed up by >80 AH-64Es and >80 Rudras. This is no joke.
and here no one is quoting about the Armour and safety for the pilot which LCH has better than others.

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

im sure they used manpads to shoot down a mig 21,27 during kargil? besides. i dont think they would care, to much. they like to play it defensive(its cheaper). but the zulus they orders are optimised for high altitude assaults, the the hell fire missiles they chose are for leveling houses and tunnels(supported its application on the "wot"), but they can be fitted with aim-9 wvraam's and im not sure about stingers as they are too close range. and the hell fire.and the z10's are being fitted with wz-16 engines, but as they say " no money no honey ". i remember having a very long discussion regarding this.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom