What's new

LCA tejas with speed tape

Not surprised at all, for the intellect of defence enthusiasts here to think fighter jet in test flights is covered in tape, just amused at the quality of posts.

F-22_Raptor_single-seat_%20fifth-generation_fighter_aircraft_Lockheed_Martin_United_States_American_aviation_defence_industry_001.jpg

Whattttttttttttttttttttt. did you failed to notice, this tape or whatever substance it is, is used to create a design rather than random tape pieces as is the case on Teja.

Whattttttttttttttttttttt. did you failed to notice, this tape or whatever substance it is, is used to create a design rather than random tape pieces as is the case on Teja.
A fighter jet has an intricate structure. Something of function applied on it will look like a design. But it's not.

This applies less in case of Chinese metal wings, which I'm sure you're a fanboy of.

iaf-3.jpg
iaf-3.jpg
were is tape here on f-35?

Speed tape is an aluminum pressure-sensitive tape used to do minor repairs on aircraft and racing cars. It is used as a temporary repair material until a more permanent repair can be carried out. It has an appearance similar to duct tape, for which it is sometimes mistaken, but its adhesive is capable of sticking on an airplane fuselage or wing at high speeds, hence the name.

Apparently, it reflects UV light, can contract or expand in different temperatures, is flame retardant (at least for a short period) and resistant to water. Perhaps that is why it can run hundreds of dollars just for a single roll.

The use of this tape is regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration and is perfectly safe. Still, there is something psychologically discomforting about seeing tape on a plane.

Not surprised at all, for the intellect of defence enthusiasts here to think fighter jet in test flights is covered in tape, just amused at the quality of posts.

F-22_Raptor_single-seat_%20fifth-generation_fighter_aircraft_Lockheed_Martin_United_States_American_aviation_defence_industry_001.jpg
The only issue I would suggest is that the tape on the F22 appears to be part of the pre Ram coating process. The tape on the Tejas wing appears to be repairs on the wing. (With a lot around the hardpoints) this is interesting when you add the context of that hard point failure in the news recently.

IAF initiates inquiry after Tejas fuel tank falls mid-flight in Tamil Nadu

The fuel tank caused a three-foot deep crater and a minor fire in Irgur village, news agency PTI reported.

Perhaps people with a bit of knowledge around composites can comment.

Tape quality was not good or old stock, could not hold the tank...tender for new Tape...

India has not much money available to properly repair their jets and using tapes to cut costs of repair

A fighter jet has an intricate structure. Something of function applied on it will look like a design. But it's not.

This applies less in case of Chinese metal wings, which I'm sure you're a fanboy of.

Hmm. so fanboys of "Teja" are now clutching straws. Good to see that.

View attachment 568010 View attachment 568010

Speed tape is an aluminum pressure-sensitive tape used to do minor repairs on aircraft and racing cars. It is used as a temporary repair material until a more permanent repair can be carried out. It has an appearance similar to duct tape, for which it is sometimes mistaken, but its adhesive is capable of sticking on an airplane fuselage or wing at high speeds, hence the name.

Apparently, it reflects UV light, can contract or expand in different temperatures, is flame retardant (at least for a short period) and resistant to water. Perhaps that is why it can run hundreds of dollars just for a single roll.

The use of this tape is regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration and is perfectly safe. Still, there is something psychologically discomforting about seeing tape on a plane.

The only issue I would suggest is that the tape on the F22 appears to be part of the pre Ram coating process. The tape on the Tejas wing appears to be repairs on the wing. (With a lot around the hardpoints) this is interesting when you add the context of that hard point failure in the news recently.

IAF initiates inquiry after Tejas fuel tank falls mid-flight in Tamil Nadu

The fuel tank caused a three-foot deep crater and a minor fire in Irgur village, news agency PTI reported.

Perhaps people with a bit of knowledge around composites can comment.

I don't know about composites, but can u point out in Tejas pic where that tape is used

I don't know about composites, but can u point out in Tejas pic where that tape is used
I think that is evident from the picture where the original poster has named the picture speed tape....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom