What's new

LCA Tejas' and JF-17's close combat performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ping

Reaction score
Country
India
Forgetting powerful radar's and BVR missiles for a second...

I once read in a pak site that Tejas would fair poorly in a close combat scenario because its delta wings will bleed more energy(drag or slow down) with each turn, while the JF-17 having a conventional wing will not bleed as much energy like Tejas would. Is this assertion true?

What is the ratio of thrust to weight for both the planes?

And their instantaneous turn rate as well as sustained turn rate?

It is often said that, a BVR kill highlights the avionics, while a close combat gun or missile kill highlights the raw performance parameters of plane. So I hope if someone can clarify if the assertions are true or not.

hope this is closed as soon as possible. :taz:

As far as I know, HAL Tejas is not operational. IAF have plans to order some, but it stills not operational.

The question is a very valid one and I for one would also like to know the answer by way of Lucid, rational and neutral posts from knowledgeable members - but going by the trend don't think that will happen ever.

I also have this question for long time but can't ask, if any discussion starts and experts give their opinion, trolls flood thread with so many posts that you can't find good ones.

Yes....Now let the mud slinging begin..

mudslingling%2525203.gif

India should try their hyper powered Kaveri engine with this WW2 era British mosquito:
De_Havilland_DH-98_Mosquito_ExCC.jpg

At least the thing may then work and take off from the ground. Oh... an you have to ask the british for the TOT. Then we can compare that with your tejaj and see which one is the best.:lol:

Oh please.............Bus ab yahi din dekhna baqi reh gaya tha.........lol

The question is a very valid one and I for one would also like to know the answer by way of Lucid, rational and neutral posts from knowledgeable members - but going by the trend don't think that will happen ever.

Send a PM to oscar.. You will get all the details you want

I expect experts on this good discussion... or maybe I am asking for too much?

Advantages of pure Delta wings are, more lift than conventional or compound delta wing, higher angle of attack, more stability in transonic speed, more agility at higher altitudes.

Disadvantages are they tend to be draggy at thicker atmosphere, ie lower altitudes.

I know the fate of this thread therefore I am going to avoid to give my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom