What's new

LCA Navy Gets Ready For Take-Off, Successfully Completes High Speed Taxi Ru

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
LCA Navy Gets Ready For Take-Off, Successfully Completes High Speed Taxi Runs!!

More Coming !!

LCA+%2528Navy%2529+Prototype+NP-1.jpg

the problem is that even though only 6 were ordered close to 3 yrs ago , the LCA N has yet to have it take its first flight .

the problem is that even though only 6 were ordered close to 3 yrs ago , the LCA N has yet to have it take its first flight .
It was ordered when IN wasn't sure will it or when it fly .... So I guess if NP1 make a successful flight and IN likes it order will go up.
BTW we have more Mig29 naval version that our AC can field. So I think navy needs more figters. May be for shore bases, training and replacement for maintainance.
I am not a export so I can be wrong

It was ordered when IN wasn't sure will it or when it fly .... So I guess if NP1 make a successful flight and IN likes it order will go up.
BTW we have more Mig29 naval version that our AC can field. So I think navy needs more figters. May be for shore bases, training and replacement for maintainance.
I am not a export so I can be wrong

I agree with bold part , but not with red one..

Navy is the only wing who are sure of what they want and what they are getting. Navy has understand that if they want to be best in world they have to add desi products.

Unlike IAF and IA Navy's feet is on ground and thinking beyond our imagination.....

Navy is not interested in LCA MK I or II, They are interested in AMCA. They know if they ask AMCA at end moment it will take time, so They want HAL to learn how to expertise these technologies
1. Landing gear,
2. Takeoff and landing on deck
3. Fuel dumping mechanism (It is very useful under emergency.)
4. Metallurgical challenge for sea operating fighter. and many more

N-LCA is an investment, which will pay higher yeild..

I agree with bold part , but not with red one..

Navy is the only wing who are sure of what they want and what they are getting. Navy has understand that if they want to be best in world they have to add desi products.

Unlike IAF and IA Navy's feet is on ground and thinking beyond our imagination.....

Navy is not interested in LCA MK I or II, They are interested in AMCA. They know if they ask AMCA at end moment it will take time, so They want HAL to learn how to expertise these technologies
1. Landing gear,
2. Takeoff and landing on deck
3. Fuel dumping mechanism (It is very useful under emergency.)
4. Metallurgical challenge for sea operating fighter. and many more

N-LCA is an investment, which will pay higher yeild..

In development you have to agree with both parts. You can't agree on one
eg do you remember the Trishul project under IGMDP. Sometimes things don't work out. Even EF don't have the Naval version for various issues. F35 is having problems too

You got facts mixup bro
IAFs primary weapon is Fighter Jet. So they want it the best. INs primary weapon isn't AC technically we don't have CBG. We have air defence ship or heavy defence ships. Navy's prime assets are ships destroyers and subs. WHICH THEY HAVE BOUGHT AND ARE OF HIGH STANDERS
No doubt whole LCA project was and is experience gaining thing. But NLCA is lot better than LCA for IAF. IAF can say that for LCA mark 2 whenever it comes.
Plus AMCA is decade away. I read somewhere IN is going to float RPI for CATOBAR capable fighters.

So you saying IN didn't order much NLCA due to AMCA it's hard to get.
I belive there will be a add on order from IN when NLCA clears IOC2 or FOC

But as I said already, I am not export I can be wrong

I agree. IAF and Army types are gora skin-lickers. They have ego-issues with accepting home-made stuff. Navy is quite sensible & pragmatic, mature.

Big money, arrogance and lack of long-term planning has fu*ked budgets of Army, IAF big time. They are more busy drinking their as*es off and licking political boots.

I still remember it was Navy Chief who openly advised DRDO to not fear of reverse-engineering as even USA does it. :tup:

I agree. IAF and Army types are gora skin-lickers. They have ego-issues with accepting home-made stuff. Navy is quite sensible & pragmatic, mature.

Mind your lang buddy boy. Blame the Ministry not those who let you sleep peacefully.. We Issue open tenders, why does the Ministry not allow Indian Participants?? or why do they not participate?

Big money, arrogance and lack of long-term planning has fu*ked budgets of Army, IAF big time. They are more busy drinking their as*es off and licking political boots.

I still remember it was Navy Chief who openly advised DRDO to not fear of reverse-engineering as even USA does it. :tup:
Oh my friend...... That's too harsh statement.
Is it too much to ask for the men (who are ready to die for the country) to have best or atleast comparable weapons when we can afford them ???
I am not against INDIAN MADE products but we are new in this field. We gona need more time for comparable products.
Tell me one thing if you were fighter pilot what would you have choose to fly against F16 ??? Su30MKI or tejas Mark 1. I agree tejas mark 2 will be good but it's 2012 it will be inducted after 2017 if everything go right.
If we could have made LCA mark 2 operational by 2013 we would have scrapped the Raffel deal for sure
Reverse engineering isn't solution for innovation and development. You can do it once. Then all doors are closed for you after that. Look at china. But JV gives you study, training , cooperation , experience and in that time you catch up with the techs and can innovate.

you have already m29K. for AC is two engine M29K much more safer than N LCA.( is NLCA much cheaper than 29K?)
and is the over weight problem already solved?

you have already m29K. for AC is two engine M29K much more safer than N LCA.( is NLCA much cheaper than 29K?)
and is the over weight problem already solved?

LCA for IAF and NLCA for IN are different planes on same base. Don't get mix up . NLCA will be lot cheaper than Mig29K and will be able to do all the things that Mig can.
NLCA was having landing gear problem. Look like it is solved.
Overweight is problem for LCA IAF that too has been solved to major percentage.

As far as weight to thrust ratio is maintained single or double engin is not problem. Double engin is considered safe though.
NLCA will be experience base for upcoming AMCA. So it's worth of it. Plus it's more potent than I expected. It will have low radar sign than Migs. So adv. NLCA. But it's on paper. It will be more clear when it will approach to IOC

Back
Top Bottom