What's new

Launch failures common: Experts

Try fighting like men.........not by hiding behind proxys like women.

like you do?????????
Lashkar-e-Taiba_0.jpg
:taz::taz:

it's the first time india lunch with her indigenous cryogenic engine,so it's very normal .i don't know if other 4 countries (U,F,R,J) have the similar experience ,CZ-3C also failed the first lunch in 1996

good luck next time

To clearify things for the Indians on this thread, the CZ-3C is a 3.8 ton GTO payload rocket. The Chinese launched their first satellite rocket in 1970 while their 2-ton GTO rockets lifted in the 1980s.

I think they have a a 14 ton GTO rocket ready for 2014.

Sorry for rubbing in.

Last edited:
To clearify things for the Indians on this thread, the CZ-3C is a 3.8 ton GTO payload rocket. The Chinese launched their first satellite rocket in 1970 with their 2-ton GTO rockets in mid 1980s.

I believe as of 1988, the Chinese are no longer satisfied with geosynchronous transfer orbit but SSO (sun-synchronous orbit). I think they just delivered a 2.8 ton satellite into SSO last year with a 14 ton GEO rocket ready for 2014.

Sorry for rubbing in.

How many satellites has Canadia put up on its own SLVs?

I believe as of 1988, the Chinese are no longer satisfied with geosynchronous transfer orbit but SSO (sun-synchronous orbit).

SSO - No big deal.
Welcome To ISRO :: PSLV-C11

The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, usually known by its abbreviation PSLV, is an expendable launch system developed to allow India to launch its Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites into sun synchronous orbits

FYI:
SSO
Typical sun-synchronous orbits are about 600–800 km in altitude, with periods in the 96–100 minute range, and inclinations of around 98° (i.e. slightly retrograde compared to the direction of Earth's rotation: 0° represents an equatorial orbit and 90° represents a polar orbit).

Geostationary Orbit
The satellite orbits in the direction of the Earth's rotation, at an altitude of 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above ground

I don't understand what you mean by China is no longer satisfied by Geostationary orbits. It takes more energy to place a satellite there. Geostationary orbits are useful because they cause a satellite to appear stationary with respect to a fixed point on the rotating Earth. As a result, an antenna can point in a fixed direction and maintain a link with the satellite. On the other hand SSO orbits trail Earth's shadow for their solar panels & do not serve the purpose of a geostationary orbit.

India uses PSLV for putting sats into SSO, while we use GSLV to put heavier sats into an ESO.

Sorry to prick a hole into your bloated chest.

SSO - No big deal.
Welcome To ISRO :: PSLV-C11

The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, usually known by its abbreviation PSLV, is an expendable launch system developed to allow India to launch its Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites into sun synchronous orbits

FYI:
SSO
Typical sun-synchronous orbits are about 600–800 km in altitude, with periods in the 96–100 minute range, and inclinations of around 98° (i.e. slightly retrograde compared to the direction of Earth's rotation: 0° represents an equatorial orbit and 90° represents a polar orbit).

Geostationary Orbit
The satellite orbits in the direction of the Earth's rotation, at an altitude of 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above ground

I don't understand what you mean by China is no longer satisfied by Geostationary orbits. It takes more energy to place a satellite there. Geostationary orbits are useful because they cause a satellite to appear stationary with respect to a fixed point on the rotating Earth. As a result, an antenna can point in a fixed direction and maintain a link with the satellite. On the other hand SSO orbits trail Earth's shadow for their solar panels & do not serve the purpose of a geostationary orbit.

India uses PSLV for putting sats into SSO, while we use GSLV to put heavier sats into an ESO.

Sorry to prick a hole into your bloated chest.

Made a type; should've been the other way around.

Last edited:
Now that the facts are out in the open, of course you don't. :chilli:

Did I mention that they're developing two-stage satellite rockets? Not gonna troll any more... Hope you guys can get it right next time!

On a side note: Did I mention their spaceships?

No I guess you were so busy gloating over the fact that Indian sats have never soared more than 600km above the earth that you forgot pretty much everything else. In any case how are Chinese space ships relevant to this thread?

Some guys r either ashamed of their nationality or either work for their country's spy agencies that they hide behind other country's flags.In any case they are so naive to believe that we will not question a developed country's native person's enthusiasm in exalting one developing country over other.

Lol, here comes the personal attacks... Come up with something better. Like: Canada just sold Alberta to China. Or, that Canada has a trade deficit (no one wants our stuff; only our oil shales).

That's enough Indian trolling for today... See you guys on another thread.

Lol, here comes the personal attacks... Come up with something better. Like: Canada just sold Alberta to China. Or, that Canada has a trade deficit (no one wants our stuff; only our oil shales).

That's enough Indian trolling for today... See you guys on another thread.

U had done better than this.

I do not know what the fuss is all about, as I see after this launch we are very close to be successful. I bet 80% chance in next year.

Take it this way it was first round of integration testing, so we will find some bugs which will be rectified next time. For those who talk about money being wasted should know that ISRO makes huge profits in launching satellites, if GSLV get successful we will earn more, so how does it impact poor?

Back
Top Bottom