What's new

Latest Reports of WikiLeaks

waraich66

Reaction score
Country
Canada
At 5pm EST Friday 22nd October 2010 WikiLeaks released the largest classified military leak in history. The 391,832 reports ('The Iraq War Logs'), document the war and occupation in Iraq, from 1st January 2004 to 31st December 2009 (except for the months of May 2004 and March 2009) as told by soldiers in the United States Army. Each is a 'SIGACT' or Significant Action in the war. They detail events as seen and heard by the US military troops on the ground in Iraq and are the first real glimpse into the secret history of the war that the United States government has been privy to throughout.

The reports detail 109,032 deaths in Iraq, comprised of 66,081 'civilians'; 23,984 'enemy' (those labeled as insurgents); 15,196 'host nation' (Iraqi government forces) and 3,771 'friendly' (coalition forces). The majority of the deaths (66,000, over 60%) of these are civilian deaths.That is 31 civilians dying every day during the six year period. For comparison, the 'Afghan War Diaries', previously released by WikiLeaks, covering the same period, detail the deaths of some 20,000 people. Iraq during the same period, was five times as lethal with equivallent population size.

Please donate to WikiLeaks to defend this information.

Wikileaks Iraq War Diaries

Why UN or human rights groups are silent on these reports?

What can they (Human Rights Groups) do? They have been flagging all this from the beginning but no one is listens to them.

Sad. I wonder where are hypocrites like Arundhati Roy now...

A veteran writes a book about war and CIA moves to buy whole of published stocks for destruction. wiki leaks is propagating all kind of classified material and no action has been taken. Wikileaks at best is a tool of yellow journalism often cranked at war times to alter public opinion. Or turn defeats into dignity, shift blames or keep public attention diverted.

those quoting the wikileaks like a pinnacle should know they are falling in a very clever deception trap. Americans are bound to lose the war, and their history book will read about wikileaks bogeyman causing all the kaput! The case will then be used in future to police and censor the internet like a communist regime.

Why UN or human rights groups are silent on these reports?

My dear friend, as per one of my point of views, it (Wikileaks) could be 'US - gov's' self-projected drama staged may be to keep peoples attention away from (may be) some further ill-intentioned ongoing projects.
In case, if 'Wikileaks' is reality... then, it would be serious concern, raised a big question mark (?) on "strength of security measures and the management", of the only- superpower (the leader) of unipolar world and her alliance:azn:
'Leaks' (whatever-type;), always treated as ill-ness demanding serious attention) exposed mis-management and high level corruption of political elites, civil management & top-brass of US-Gov.
This event is an eye-opening, showing the graph of efficiency performance of US leadership, who are gambling with US public lives, money and future prospects.:smokin:

What can they (Human Rights Groups) do? They have been flagging all this from the beginning but no one is listens to them.

The real problem is their corrupt Media which presents such stories as a norm and a psychopathic aura of calm... This is obviously going to happen when a psychopath like Rupert Murdoch owns the most popular media outlets in the west...

My dear friend, as per one of my point of views, it (Wikileaks) could be 'US - gov's' self-projected drama staged may be to keep peoples attention away from (may be) some further ill-intentioned ongoing projects.
In case, if 'Wikileaks' is reality... then, it would be serious concern, raised a big question mark (?) on "strength of security measures and the management", of the only- superpower (the leader) of unipolar world and her alliance:azn:
'Leaks' (whatever-type;), always treated as ill-ness demanding serious attention) exposed mis-management and high level corruption of political elites, civil management & top-brass of US-Gov.
This event is an eye-opening, showing the graph of efficiency performance of US leadership, who are gambling with US public lives, money and future prospects.:smokin:

There seems to be some truth in what you are saying

Yes I also suspect wikileaks might be US puppy.Otherwise taking it down ain't a problem for US Cyber Branch.IT could be taken down in few minutes if US Military wanted with the kind of computer power they have they can fry it's server with huge ddos or simply take out the domain from ICAAN For violating policy etc.

So where are the HR and the UN ??
Oh!
I forgot that even they are US' departments!

where is the UN??
ohh too busy in partitioning sudan

UN(able) is effectively a joint committe of colonial powers!

Last edited:
Guys

While the civilian deaths should be avoided, do you realize these are not intentional? These deaths are collateral and we regret it. Remember the militants in Iraq were hiding among the civilians

In a war, as much as we want to avoid civilian casualties, it is not totally preventable.

My Indian friends: Do we have a actual count of civilians killed in Kashmir where there are no war going unlike Iraq?

where is the UN??
ohh too busy in partitioning sudan

US is effectively a joint committe of colonial powers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom