What's new

Latest Pakistani Air Defence Update

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
From H Khan on PakDef: said:
Pak Army AD units will soon be equipped with Saab Bofors Dynamics BAMSE RBS-23 all-weather, all-target, and air defense missile system .

PAF is still evaluating two SAM systems (SLAMRAAM & one Chinese system).

PakDef Forums

Interesting that PA and PAF are each getting a medium-range SAM system; the Army is getting BAMSE RBS-23, and PAF is deciding between SL-AMRAAM and probably KS-1. Now all we need to know what long-range system we're getting, and our Navy's air defence plans.

Information on the RBS-23:
http://products.saabgroup.com/PDBWebNew/Ge...p;ProductId=635

SL-AMRAAM
Raytheon Company: Products & Services: SL- AMRAAM

KS-1
Chinese Defence Today - KS-1 Surface-to-Air Missile

PAF should not go for SLs because its american and in an event of conflict if it ever happens with US or perhaps even India, US could easily jam these missles, better option would be the chinese one with transfer of technology.:pakistan: :china:

Great news,, Pak defence forces should equip themselves with latest technology for a credible deterrence.. should rely on indeginous weapons rather than aid.

I thought there was a ground version of the SD-10 missile too. Is it true?

When it comes to reliableness, and combat proven modern air defence system. I will go for SL-AMRAAM hands down!

i think pakistan already is in process to obtain rbs 23 Bamse , this system is uniqe from other in some ways because it is highly mobile and is intended to intercept very low and fast flying targets including anti radation missiles and cruise missiles ,so that put it in a different catgory then SL AMRAAM and KS 1A
p.s i have a close friend who is captain in air defence so i will call him and ask him if about the status of these system because last time i spoke with him he told me they are being evaluated and are highly likely to be inducted very soon
thnx

we need high altitude air defence which can track stealth fighter jets if we go war with usa they will first send their stealth bombbers to destroy our radars so their F15 and SU 30 can easily destroy our militry instlations we need a radar which can track and destroy stealth high altitude targets so we have cover pakistan from all kinds of agressions and we need to buid our airforce and airdefence system second to none we have 3 best options buy S-300, or even better S-400 and co produce airdefence system with china with total tot and i think china will likely be happy to do this with us by getting some tech of S-400 from russian and build its varients in chinese designation we can buy it and we will get customers too to sell it countires like syria,srilanka etc

what Air defense systems does pakistan have currently mostly are short range systems for low flying targets what do we have for medium and long range targets....??can anyone elaborate thanks

this is what i know......

SA-2 Surface To Air Missile:
Max Range: 60 KM
Ceiling: 85,000 feet

Cortale Surface To Air Missile:
Max Range: 11 KM

Mistral:
Max Range: 6.0 KM

Now my question is what is long range or medium range SAM options of our AIR DEFENCE.....i love the idea of a high altitude SU-30 flying into our air space and hearing the growl of our SAM in his headphones....that should be an awesome sight....low/low axis is covered i want a medium/high axis of SAMs. can someone elaborate what other SAMs do we have....and please before someone puts up STINGER....because that again is a low altitude weapon system.

we already ordered ASPADA 2000 which is medium range we lack very much on high altitude air defence system we need to acquire both radars and surface to air missile system as we all know pakistan has the tech to build missiles and we make them too but in radars we lack i heared 3 years back that pakistan is considering czesh republic radars for high altitudes and to detect stealth fighter jjets after that no new news on that topic is listened any way today ahmed mukhtar told that pakistan cannot defend against drones because they fly some times very high and our radars cannot detect them we lack in radars too so we can detect them first and than destroy them with suitablt defence system i hope Mr zaradari soon will make a trip to russia andbcoz if we can buy S-300 and im sure if we gurantee them their missile gona destory US Drones russia will be more than a happy to sell us that system because they have to score to sattle with US via pakistan

High atlitude is under deveopment... There are numerous partners we can not talk about.

... i heared 3 years back that pakistan is considering czesh republic radars for high altitudes and to detect stealth fighter jjets after that no new news on that topic ...

Look it up on the net the news is there, the lease of one year expired and the exemplar was returned. Then the US bought off the Czech company so it couldn't be sold.

From what I have heard, 5th gen radars would use a different segment of the EM spectrum to detect the plane than the conventional high frequencies. Only problem is, this segment is more prone to noise. It is much like FM and AM radio. AM radio is more prone to noise than FM, but you can listen to AM at a much larger distance.

I am sure that if a country did some real research in the use of low-frequency radars (or other 5th gen radar techniques), they could find a way to defeat, to some extent, early 5th generation stealth capabilities. Pakistan, too, could engage in the research, at least, but it is highly doubtful that Pakistan would produce any such radars for a while. We have quite a bit of ground to make up before we go competing in the 5th gen game.

agreed we need to do reserch jointly with china on radars becuase radars are the ears and eyes of military

From what I have heard, 5th gen radars would use a different segment of the EM spectrum to detect the plane than the conventional high frequencies. Only problem is, this segment is more prone to noise. It is much like FM and AM radio. AM radio is more prone to noise than FM, but you can listen to AM at a much larger distance.

I am sure that if a country did some real research in the use of low-frequency radars (or other 5th gen radar techniques), they could find a way to defeat, to some extent, early 5th generation stealth capabilities. Pakistan, too, could engage in the research, at least, but it is highly doubtful that Pakistan would produce any such radars for a while. We have quite a bit of ground to make up before we go competing in the 5th gen game.

well sweet bro Radars are not modulated like AM or FM they are using instead Angle and phase modulation demodulation for detection of targets
and noise removin needs best options like SAR ISAR etc and also
UWB radars are now targets of Electronics industries

Back
Top Bottom