Reaction score
Country
United States
o7L3r9A.jpg

Latest

p8d2rqH.jpg

Older Manned turret

Last edited:
Not under this present government, they won't.
In that case, why has the Arjun project still being shelved even after it outperformed T-90s when they were pitted against each other. While pakistanis and chinese claim that MoD has forced the LCA down IAF's throat (Even though both Arjun and LCA are potent weapons systems but IA & IAF rejected them in favor of kickbacks and commissions from foreign vendors), it should've done the same with Arjun.

Over ambitious,not going to happen without Russian help. Since they want foreign customer for armata,I doubt they won't help us in unmanned turret tech.

In that case, why has the Arjun project still being shelved even after it outperformed T-90s when they were pitted against each other. While pakistanis and chinese claim that MoD has forced the LCA down IAF's throat (Even though both Arjun and LCA are potent weapons systems but IA & IAF rejected them in favor of kickbacks and commissions from foreign vendors), it should've done the same with Arjun.
You can't blindly blame them, in-house engineering product have reliability issues,weather it civilian or military.

Over ambitious,not going to happen without Russian help. Since they want foreign customer for armata,I doubt they won't help us in unmanned turret tech.

You can't blindly blame them, in-house engineering product have reliability issues,weather it civilian or military.
It all comes down to how they maintain their weapons systems. Our T-90's have been Russian designed and have been assembled using Russian components but didn't all of them breakdown in the recent tank biathlon!

It all comes down to how they maintain their weapons systems. Our T-90's have been Russian designed and have been assembled using Russian components but didn't all of them breakdown in the recent tank biathlon!
But not assembled by Russian.

But not assembled by Russian.
Yeah everything should be designed and produced by us just like the Arjun which beat the T-90's and tank biathlon incident is not about assembly but more about maintenance

I like that it seems to have kept some inspiration from Arjun.

It's not entirely a new design.
We already knew there are manned and unmanned turret versions under consideration.
Some designs of both were leaked.

Question is, will it beat this.
Russia-T14-Armata-Tank-by-UralVagonZavod-Featured-image.jpg

I like that it seems to have kept some inspiration from Arjun.

It's not entirely a new design.
We already knew there are manned and unmanned turret versions under consideration.
Some designs of both were leaked.

Question is, will it beat this.
View attachment 444010

no it will not coz Army will exactly want a T-14 unless its not ordered we will see regular changes in frozen design for a decade or so... its all about russian dolls and $$$ for army generals...

Even if DRDO develops this FMBT with all the requirements IA quoted, eventually IA will claim this to be outdated and come up with baseless claims to shelve the project and go for a foreign tender

it will be outdated for sure if DRDO takes its usual 25 years time period to develop FMBT.

i
is there any official report of Arjun outperforming T 90 except media report cum PR Exercise by DRDO bureaucrats ?

I don't think India is not capable of designing an Unmanned Turret.

Back
Top Bottom