What's new

Latest Casuality of Lahore 3/3, The IPL

Proud2Indian

BANNED
Reaction score
Well after this questions should be asked...Who Was Actually Behind Lahore 3/3........

Security stumps IPL, to be held outside India

CNN-IBN

TimePublished on Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:12, Updated on Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 13:14 in Sports section

TagsTags: Indian Premier League, Cricket , New Delhi

NEW VENUES: Africa and England are being considered, however New Zealand is also an option.

New Delhi: The Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held outside India due to security concerns, BCCI President Shashank Manohar said on Sunday in a press conference.

"Due to the Government's attitude that they can't provide us with proper security, especially in Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh, we have moved the IPL out of India," Manohar said.

“We are in discussion with other Boards who are willing to host the event. I apologise to the people of India for moving the tournament out," Manohar added.

It is believed that South Africa and England are being considered, however New Zealand is also an option. Manohar said the new venues will be decided in the next two-three days.

New Zealand and England are being considered as an alternative because their domestic sports season has come to an end. South Africa is the most likely host because their stadiums are the best for IPL matches.
South Africa is even willing to host IPL in their country, sources added.

Indian viewers will be able to watch the matches at 1600 hrs IST and 2000 hrs IST, Manohar said and added that there will be no change in the IPL dates or format.

When asked if the franchises were taken into the confidence before taking the decision, Manohar said, "The franchise would want the tournament to go ahead".

The decision may have been taken because Home Minister P Chidambaram had made it clear that the states will not be allowed to compromise on poll security due to IPL matches.

The Working Committee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) met on Sunday to thrash out matters related to the IPL Season II.

The meeting was convened in the wake of the reservations expressed by the law and order departments of the respective state governments to provide adequate security cover because the Twenty20 competition clashes with the dates of the General Elections.

This is very stupid. Who will come to watch the INDIAN premiere league outside of India.

They can easily postpone it after the elections, by then the security concerns would have been allayed.

This is very stupid. Who will come to watch the INDIAN premiere league outside of India.

They can easily postpone it after the elections, by then the security concerns would have been allayed.

Postponing after election is not possible due ti Internation Calendar...Players wouldn't be free...and also India will lose prev fx due to hosting this outsode India...So question remains...Who was Behind Lahore 3/3...

tx

Postponing after election is not possible due ti Internation Calendar...Players wouldn't be free...and also India will lose prev fx due to hosting this outsode India...So question remains...Who was Behind Lahore 3/3...

tx
I see what are you trying to do here.By your analogy RAW planned Mumbai attacks to Isolate Pakistan (Which it failed to do) So are you trying to say Pakistan attacked Sri Lankan players so that IPL is canceled from India?Your theory is hilarious at best.

I see what are you trying to do here.By your analogy RAW planned Mumbai attacks to Isolate Pakistan (Which it failed to do) So are you trying to say Pakistan attacked Sri Lankan players so that IPL is canceled from India?Your theory is hilarious at best.

Well this is indeed ridiculous..!!!:lol: However IPL may incurr losses on gate revenue but their adverstiment revenues shall be intact. But i am sure it will be nothing like what it was in india..!!!

Another intresting question that comes up is that, whther pakistani players will be allowed to play IPL, now that it is shifted outside india..!!!!

Its not gate collection that fills the coffers. Its the media rights. OffShore venue will have little impact on TV rights.

GoI says that with election near by, they will not be able to provide the kind of cover needed for such a tournament. BCCI had approached a South AFrican firm for security, but state infrastructure is not cooperating.

I've been saying from day 1 that an attack on SL players would hurt india big time, but there was no shortage of speculation by some that india was involved. similiarly there was speculation after the mumbai attacks that india was involved. the more fantastic the claim, the more supporters it seems to get. the BDR mutiny that discredited the India friendly AL govt, killed the india friendly head of BDR and indeed scores of army officers (BD Army recently maintained good relations with India) also is being blamed on india by some 'analysts' here :)

sure, why let go of a good scapegoat :)

tx
Oh c'mon, don't tell me you're going to come up with a theory that Pakistan orchestrated the attack on SL players just to get IPL canceled?

What about the loss of Pakistani cricket? You have just lost IPL, we've lost EVERYTHING. So who orchestrated it, you tell me!

My Grr @ cheeky fellows, scoring a victory out of everything!

tx
Oh c'mon, don't tell me you're going to come up with a theory that Pakistan orchestrated the attack on SL players just to get IPL canceled?

What about the loss of Pakistani cricket? You have just lost IPL, we've lost EVERYTHING. So who orchestrated it, you tell me!

we lost the privilege to hosting the world cup, according to this, i think RAW was responsible for the attacks.

Well I learned this theory on this forum...After lahore incident...posters here were jumping up & down counting dollars and using that argument to implicate India......I am using the same argument.....don't be surprised.....

tx

Well I learned this theory on this forum...After lahore incident...posters here were jumping up & down counting dollars and using that argument to implicate India......I am using the same argument.....don't be surprised.....

tx
Well it makes sense with India. India will bounce back, in a few months... Pakistan's cricket is gone for at least 10 years! There is absolutely no comparison.

and the blame game never stops...the fact of the matter is that unless anything can be proved...it was entirely pakistan's fault that such an incident took place on it's soil...and that we'd have to spend more to go and see IPL in south-africa...is so frustrating!

wateva is happenin in the sub continent is not gud at all. blamin each other will get us no where. lets stop comin up with our own theories
i think GoI didnt want to take any risk coz any attack would have been a political death for them

Heres what will happen.
Indians and Indian companies pay for TV channels.
BCCI and ECB get money in the end.
Net gain only for ECB.

Back
Top Bottom