What's new

Largest Emerging Economies, E7+Pakistan, growth prospects and challenges

mate dont get me wrong but that graph ranking is just funny . if anyone says south africa better railroads , roads , ports then turkey , then i will just laugh , there is some of the biggest slums or even worse things in south africa , the roads are trashed ( im basing this on many things i saw i can post many vids if you want this must be old statistics

389729-130653857876745-Frank-Holmes_origin.jpg

China, which accounts for more than half of that $6 trillion estimate, ranks far above emerging peers in terms of infrastructure at the 65th percentile.

Emerging Markets Are Going To Spend A Massive $6 Trillion On Infrastructure In The Next Three Years - Business Insider

if we compare the overall infrastructure of E7 countries with developed nations as above, we find China having a clear lead with rest of E7 countries. above 95 percentile is considered for the developed nations and around 50% is 'alright' for the emerging economies of E7s but with 65 percentile overall infrastructure status, China is moving fast towards the developed nations. and also, more than half of the expected $6tn investments in infrastructure for next 3 years would occur in China so we would expect China at around 80% after next 4-5 years?:what: in fact, India is also catching up but they need to raise infrastructure spending to 10% of GDP, at least :agree:

mate dont get me wrong but that graph ranking is just funny . if anyone says south africa better railroads , roads , ports then turkey , then i will just laugh , there is some of the biggest slums or even worse things in south africa , the roads are trashed ( im basing this on many things i saw i can post many vids if you want this must be old statistics

I dont know about South Africa but Im surprised with India. when I left India around 10 years before, the roads, airports etc were not of the standard of western countries but right now you may drive car for over 120km/hr in 'any' state of India, connecting even small cities also :agree:. my elder brother just been to the poorest state of India, Bihar, and he drove throughout over 100km/hr+ and he said, even if we go to small villages there, the roads in even Bihar is now very good. it may be also a reason why this poorest state had the highest growth rate in India during last 7-8 years, on high speed :lol:

in fact, I myself was surprised when I saw Delhi International Airport, I may say that right now Delhi International Airport is fit in comparison to Singaporean airport and would be little better than Sydney airport also, the two airports I frequently visited during last 6-7 years.......... things are dramatically changing in developing countries. just 10 years before, we used to say that an automatic car in possible only in western countries, not in India, but now its wrong...................

just yesterday in ataturk airport there was 1097 planes flying and landing and 126,299 passengers , that figures is extroadinary only in one day , turkey today has one of the best roads in most cities , i went through ankara , antalya and the roads were like driving on cream , just perfect those statistics must be wrong or long time ago , turkey is way ahead of most of those countries except like 2-3 and equal to like 2 , if you visited turkey you would know easily

just yesterday in ataturk airport there was 1097 planes flying and landing and 126,299 passengers , that figures is extroadinary only in one day , turkey today has one of the best roads in most cities , i went through ankara , antalya and the roads were like driving on cream , just perfect those statistics must be wrong or long time ago , turkey is way ahead of most of those countries except like 2-3 and equal to like 2 , if you visited turkey you would know easily

look, I accept your every claim about Turkey, obviously, but just dont say that you are "way ahead than other top emerging countries". it would be little more or less but none of the above 7 emerging countries (excluding Germany/ US) are doing bad. :disagree:

tell me how much Turkey is going to invest in infrastructure by next 5 years to improve its standing in that table? about India, the data is as below. (note, $1 investment in India means for at least $3 on PPP way.)
The government is looking at investments of over $1 trillion over the next five years in the infrastructure sector - double the investment seen during the current 11th five year plan.

Indian Nugget: India to spend $1 tn on infrastructure

also, tell me how much is the investment to GDP ratio of Turkey? about India its 31%, post #50, here Turkey with hardly 21% won't have enough change by next 5-6 years. (note, $1 investment in India means for at least $3 on PPP way.)

just check Turkey's growth rate during last 3 years, post #53, Turkey no good :disagree:

and, how many skyscrapers you make every year, in India we just had a news as below about the financial capital of India.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/188110-78-skyscrapers-approved-mumbai-one-day.html

check the 'competitiveness ranking' also, post #87, you will find Turkey less than many emerging nations in this list also. :wave:

look, I accept your every claim about Turkey, obviously, but just dont say that you are "way ahead than other top emerging countries". it would be little more or less but none of the above 7 emerging countries (excluding Germany/ US) are doing bad. :disagree:

tell me how much Turkey is going to invest in infrastructure by next 5 years to improve its standing in that table? about India, the data is as below. (note, $1 investment in India means for at least $3 on PPP way.)

also, tell me how much is the investment to GDP ratio of Turkey? about India its 31%, post #50, here Turkey with hardly 21% won't have enough change by next 5-6 years. (note, $1 investment in India means for at least $3 on PPP way.)

just check Turkey's growth rate during last 3 years, post #53, Turkey no good :disagree:

and, how many skyscrapers you make every year, in India we just had a news as below about the financial capital of India.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/188110-78-skyscrapers-approved-mumbai-one-day.html

check the 'competitiveness ranking' also, post #87, you will find Turkey less than many emerging nations in this list also. :wave:

India is more than 4 times larger in terms of land mass & its population is 16 times higher than Turkey so no comparison please...

India is more than 4 times larger in terms of land mass & its population is 16 times higher than Turkey so no comparison please...

India is more than 4 times larger in terms of land mass & its population is 16 times higher than Turkey so no comparison please......

you may double population by next 15-16 years but the land will remain the same, around 4 times to Turkey, on which you will need to make infrastructure :wave:

yes no comparison in terms of development between india and turkey , last year we grew 8.5% behind china , way infront of many other of those countries in terms of growth last year , as i said its undebatable we are ahead of india , south africa , brazil , and some others in terms of overall infrastructure and life quality , i want my country to reach scandanavian countries life quality standards they are the highest , like sweden , norway and have massive roads like USA

that info is wrong turkey grew 8.5 in 2011 check many sources

Average growth rate of last 3 years:

1. China 9.6%

2. India 8.2%

3. Indonesia 5.7%

4. Brazil 3.2%

5. Turkey 2.7%

6. Pakistan 2.65%

7. South Africa 1.5%

8. Mexico 1.0%

9. Russia 0.3%

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...me=China&countryCode=ch®ionCode=eas&rank=7#ch

yes no comparison in terms of development between india and turkey , last year we grew 8.5% behind china , way infront of many other of those countries in terms of growth last year , as i said its undebatable we are ahead of india , south africa , brazil , and some others in terms of overall infrastructure and life quality , i want my country to reach scandanavian countries life quality standards they are the highest , like sweden , norway and have massive roads like USA

it's quite possible. Given that the Population of Turkey just over 70 Million, change in the life style of People will come very quick and easy.

you may double population by next 15-16 years but the land will remain the same, around 4 times to Turkey, on which you will need to make infrastructure :wave:

actually Population growth rate has slowed down.
Fertility rate is 2.65, which is healthy.

from where did pakistan came into in above list....

you still live in hinduvita's fantasy world where Pakistan will slowly disappear from the world map??
First time in the history of Pakistan we are telling US to buck off, doesnt tell you anything!!
despite 80% power shortage we are still growing around 4%!!

have you ever been to Pakistan??
stop believing everything you read in Hindu times

you still live in hinduvita's fantasy world where Pakistan will slowly disappear from the world map??
First time in the history of Pakistan we are telling US to buck off, doesnt tell you anything!!
despite 80% power shortage we are still growing around 4%!!

have you ever been to Pakistan??
stop believing everything you read in Hindu times

I don't have to have an ideology to wish that this Pakistan drama Ends. You wouldn't understand our perspective of living with an international buffoon state as a neighbour.

lol scandanivan countries populations are very low , they have nearly no internal problems , our country is like two to three different things , west is developed , central is some developed some semi-developed , east where there is terror problem is developing some very bad and undeveloped because businesman's cant invest , terrorist with molotof cocktails in their hands burn banks , and many shops and theirs little security
it's quite possible. Given that the Population of Turkey just over 70 Million, change in the life style of People will come very quick and easy.

lol scandanivan countries populations are very low , they have nearly no internal problems , our country is like two to three different things , west is developed , central is some developed some semi-developed , east where there is terror problem is developing some very bad and undeveloped because businesman's cant invest , terrorist with molotof cocktails in their hands burn banks , and many shops and theirs little security

Pakistan's constant presence on such lists is the most ominous sign of all when it comes to economic prosperity. From the 1960s till today, Pakistan has been expected by economists with diverse view points, to be part of the next group of emerging nations. Looked at, from a purely statistical point of view, our nation is a potential economic gold mine: an immense youthful population, hugely important strategic location, and neighbor to the two economic giants of the upcoming era. So for a country of such great potential to produce economic growth figures that are consistently below 5% is terrible.

We have all the tools, yet have failed over and over again. Few countries have the near perfect mix of population and location that allows them to turn around their fortunes in a short time period. Pakistan has had it from the beginning and has failed over 60 years. Terrorism exists today, it did not 20 years ago when growth was hardly better; corrupt leaders exist today, but the Indians and Chinese have them too, while they move forward...we fail continuously in very favorable circumstances, relative to other developing nations.

Instead of making us feel good about ourselves, we should question, why haven't we been promoted to the list of developed nation?...why are we still potentially emerging? Our failure is a product of the failure of every Pakistani. Blaming the government is too simplistic and unrealistic...they are from among us and they unfortunately fail like us. They are in power because we have never attempted to prevent them gaining power...just as importantly, even the greatest leader would fail if asked to build a nation with no tax revenue from the working class.

I had to login just to 'thank' you!
What a sobering and thoughtful post. I have no answers. I have often said that people here blame 'democracy', 'religion', etc.
My hunch is that had the WOT not fought since 2001 Pakistan would have gotten way ahead than it is now. Yes, I think 'terrorism' is a huge factor. Don't forget that between 2002-2007--when terrorism was relatively much lesser AND the global economy wasn't as bad--Pakistan too excelled.

Anyway, thank you for the thoughtful post.

that info is wrong turkey grew 8.5 in 2011 check many sources

sir this list is 'average' of "last 3 years", did you read it properly? check the same link as below again:

4.6% (2011 est.)
country comparison to the world: 84

8.2% (2010 est.)
-4.7% (2009 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tu.html

now you may may take average of last 3 years.
you may check the same for rest of the countries also for last 3 years, the datas are correct

Market Potential Index (MPI) for Emerging Markets - 2011
March 16, 2012

This indexing study is conducted by MSU-IBC to help companies compare the Emerging Markets with each other on several dimensions. Eight dimensions are chosen to represent the market potential of a country over a scale of 1 to 100. Each dimension is measured using various indicators, and are weighted in determining their contribution to the Overall Market Potential Index.

(MSU-IBC:- International Business Center (CIBER). http://global.broad.msu.edu/ibc/)

mpi.png

Market Potential Index (MPI) for Emerging Markets - 2011 >> globalEDGE: Your source for Global Business Knowledge

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom