What's new

Larger AWACS project, AWACS India, taking shape

But I need a link, an article, a source, a tender document, anything beyond what you are merely claiming. Surely there must be some documentations and media coverage on the project.
There is but what am I? Google?

There is but what am I? Google?

Obviously not, but since Google turned up nothing specific, I'm asking you to provide a source to back up your claim of the radar being AESA. Why are you so touchy when I ask for a source for your claims?

Obviously not, but since Google turned up nothing specific, I'm asking you to provide a source to back up your claim of the radar being AESA. Why are you so touchy when I ask for a source for your claims?

Because your style of questioning is very abrasive and accusatory. And now I've had time to see what you're really about I don't feel inclined to waste my time helping you out and providing links when you will just belittle India and her plans.

Because your style of questioning is very abrasive and accusatory. And now I've had time to see what you're really about I don't feel inclined to waste my time helping you out and providing links when you will just belittle India and her plans.

To be fair, I think you are being overly sensitive. If you carefully review our exchange so far, you'll see that it was not at all my intention to provoke or belittle. I'm merely point out the obvious, which is 1) this tender is for a radome, not the radar itself, and 2) I've heard nothing on the specifications and timeline of an indigenous 360-degree AWACS project.

This is why I'm asking for information regarding the radar type, operating band, range, etc. Instead of pointing me to a useful link or article, you accuse me of putting India down. This is very unhelpful to say the least.

So could you please provide a source on your claim that this project will utilize an AESA radar, and any further information on this project would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

To be fair, I think you are being overly sensitive. If you carefully review our exchange so far, you'll see that it was not at all my intention to provoke or belittle. I'm merely point out the obvious, which is 1) this tender is for a radome, not the radar itself, and 2) I've heard nothing on the specifications and timeline of an indigenous 360-degree AWACS project.

This is why I'm asking for information regarding the radar type, operating band, range, etc. Instead of pointing me to a useful link or article, you accuse me of putting India down. This is very unhelpful to say the least.

So could you please provide a source on your claim that this project will utilize an AESA radar, and any further information on this project would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
I'm drawing from what I now know of you as a member and your affiliations/views.

I'm drawing from what I now know of you as a member and your affiliations/views.

Now you are just being unnecessarily evasive. Why couldn't you answer my rather simple questions with some specific information, all without resorting to being 'abrasive and accusatory'?

I requested a source for your claim that the radar is AESA, and providing it should be a cakewalk. Yet, after half a dozen back-and-forths, you still haven't furnished it.

Why is that?

If you don't have the specific information, just say so. Nobody is judging you here.

Cheers!

Now you are just being unnecessarily evasive. Why couldn't you answer my rather simple questions with some specific information, all without resorting to being 'abrasive and accusatory'?

I requested a source for your claim that the radar is AESA, and providing it should be a cakewalk. Yet, after half a dozen back-and-forths, you still haven't furnished it.

Why is that?

If you don't have the specific information, just say so. Nobody is judging you here.

Cheers!

NO ONE HAS SPECIFIC INFORMATION. This info isn't in the public domain.

Some generic comments:

"Under it, 360-degree AESA (active electronically scanned array) radars will be mounted on large aircraft like IL-76, Boeing or Airbus," said a DRDO source.

India to launch AWACS project to counter China, Pak - Times Of India

Finally a source! Jesus, was that so difficult? That's all I was asking for.

Thank you.

Cheers!

Alright bro- whatever you say ;).

Goodnight!

And apologies if you really were being genuine. I hope I didn't offend you unduly.

indiaawacradome.jpg

DRDO

Honestly speaking I was thinking the same way of Radar for AWE&Cs since last 2-3 years. Rather than triangular!!! :pakistan:

France and India can join hands on this project. France is making use of US AWACS systems and since India has already contributed signficant resources and budget on the project, the new radome can be setup on Airbus commercial planes on French part. Airlines in India have a good experience on Airbus models and therefore the commonality and available skills can result into a real useful product that can mature into something world class.

my guess is that it will be an ASEA based radar with triband (X,Y&L) as the latest Israeli one and hopefulli israeli help will be taken and it might be mounted on the Future Indo Russian Transporter

my guess is that it will be an ASEA based radar with triband (X,Y&L) as the latest Israeli one and hopefulli israeli help will be taken and it might be mounted on the Future Indo Russian Transporter

Well I think it will be X,S and L band Collocated Radar. But I prefer the triangular mount instead.

Back
Top Bottom