What's new

Large bomb goes off in Bangkok

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
An explosion has rocked a commercial center in Thailand's capital Bangkok, killing five and injuring 20 others, according to media reports. The country's national chief says the blast was caused by a bomb.
The explosion took place at an intersection near Erawan Shrine, a tourist attraction.

CMnDXCyUwAAFwDm.jpg

CMnCZ3pVAAA3KhI.jpg

At Least 12 Dead in Massive Explosion in Central Bangkok

bangkok-blast_650x400_71439815894.jpg

Bangkok: A huge explosion in central Bangkok has killed at least 12 people and injured about 20, news agency Reuters has quoted police and rescuers as saying.

"I can confirm it was a bomb, we can't tell which kind yet, we are checking," national police spokesman Lieutenant General Prawut Thavornsiri told news agency AFP.

Body parts were scattered across the street after the bomb went off outside the Erawan Shrine in the downtown Chidlom district of the Thai capital.

The enormously popular shrine to Lord Brahma is located in a commercial hub of Bangkok. Thousands of Buddhist devotees visit it every day.

It is located on a main road through Bangkok's commercial hub and is surrounded by three major shopping malls.

Police and ambulances rushed to the scene after the bomb went off.

The army has ruled Thailand since May 2014, when it ousted an elected government after months of, at times, violent anti-government protests.

At Least 12 Dead in Massive Explosion in Central Bangkok

RIP to the dead.

Is this a Buddhist or a Hindu shrine? The name we use "四面佛" (four-faced Buddha) seems to imply it would be a Buddhist shrine.

EDIT: I checked and apparently 四面佛 can also refer to a deity called Brahma.

Which still doesn't clarify if this is a Buddhist or Hindu shrine.

Last edited:
any reason ? any terrorist group or something ?

Lets be calm before making strong allegation because there are many possible actors of Thailand terror.

1. Islamo
  2. Red shirt
  3. Army themselves

Blast outside a Buddhist shrine...do you need a reason...Budhhists are kaafir...isn't that good enough.

Not my next door Muslim neighbours, isn't it ? Some organization.. kuch toh naam hoga?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom