What's new

Lal Masjid is still training militants?

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

The capital police and law enforcement agencies are looking into GF involvement in different acts of terror, for example the killing of a brigadier in Islamabad two days ago.—File photo

ISLAMABAD: It seems that the Lal Masjid saga is not over yet as investigators probing the recent terrorist attacks in Islamabad suspect the involvement of Ghazi Force (GF), a small but lethal militant group named after Ghazi Abdul Rashid, the deputy imam of the Lal Masjid who died in the July 2007 crackdown, Dawn News learnt reliably here on Saturday.

The sources said that Niaz Raheem alias Bilal, the amir of GF, is said to be a prime suspect in terror activities in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

The sources said that the name of Niaz Raheem first crept up in May 2009, when law enforcement agencies arrested Fidaullah, the founder of the GF, after getting some leads from Khairullah and Khurram Shahzad, who were arrested in the case of Frontier Constabulary and Special Branch suicide attacks in Islamabad early this year.

The sources said that though Fidaullah was the founder amir of the GF, it is Niaz Raheem who is leading the force.

They said that Muhammad Hanif of Kacha Malana, District Dera Ismail Khan, Muhammad Kamran of Gali Bagh Ibrahim Khel resident of Saeedabad Pujgi, GPO Road, Peshawar, Dildar Khan a resident of Reggy Shenu , district Kohat , Bashir Ahmed a resident of village Nari Baja Bughdada, Mardan, Arslan Irshad, a resident of Defense Sector Karachi Shargi-D, Farhan Saqib Abbasi of sector G-6/2 are said to be some active members of the GF.

The sources add that besides these important members of the GF, 43 others are at large and they all are wanted in different terror cases.

The sources said that Fidaullah had established his network in Guljo area of Hangu and he had also been accused of taking youngsters from Islamabad to turn them into suicide bombers.

But the arrest of Fidaullah and a successful military operation in Swat forced the group to lie low for some time.

However, the group has now re-emerged under the guidance of a new amir.

Sources said that the group also has its links with militants in Swat and FATA and there is a strong possibility that they have developed a nexus for executing terror attacks in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

‘All these terrorist networks, including the Ghazi Force, operating here in Pakistan somehow have links with the Tehreek-i- Taliban Pakistan (TTP),’ said Amir Rana, a prominent expert on militancy.

The sources said that the capital police and law enforcement agencies were looking into GF involvement in other acts of terror, for example the killing of a brigadier in Islamabad two days ago.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Lal Masjid is still training militants?

Now I have a question for all the people who were cursing the Army for carrying out the Lal Masjid Operation;

Are you satisfied now?

There was never any doubt in my mind that ARG was a terrorist. If he wasn't one, he wouldn't have allowed his "students" to build bunkers on the Mosque's wall and minarets. His entire clan of brainwashed "warriors" who've now emerged as the Ghazi Force (GF), were never innocent. True, there were a lot of innocent kids in Lal Masjid, but the operation was specifically meant to destroy the venom that was being fed to the innocent children.

The surviving Ghazi (Famously known for sporting a Burkah in order to save his rear) is now actively involved in terrorist activities and funding. He was a traitor back then and he's a traitor now and is probably behind the formation of this new group. Our agencies must pick him up and ensure that he's taken care of, before he starts challenging the state of Pakistan once again, in our capital city.

As of right now, I don't think Lal Masjid is training any militants because the Army and Intelligence Agencies have been keeping a watchful eye on the compound and its daily functions. That's the right way to deal with Lal Masjid because of its sensitive and bloody past. The Ghazi & Co must never be given another chance to brainwash the students of Lal Masjid.

I think the army should get ready for the second round in lal masjid. But it might be the police this time around or special trained police to avoid army confrontation and possible public backlash, though I serciously doubt one but taliban supporter will sure stir things up. Two years ago they were able to play with people's emotion, this time around kisi k kaan pay joun tak nehi reengey gi.

Bezerk you are spot on. The intelligence and police needs to keep an eye on these jehadi thugs. Two thumbs up for Musharraf and the Lal Masjid operation. Everyday people are beginning to open their eyes and realize how they were fooled by all the anti-musharraf propaganda back then.

The Ghazis openly said that they will bring shariah law to this country, even if that means opposing the state. Open traitors like this should be put down immediately. Imran Khan and JUI's (closet Talibanis) propaganda is failing completely. People are waking up to see that these people are enemies of Pakistan. I would like Imran Khan and these people to just openly declare their love for the Taliban, I mean seriously, who are they kidding? Have some guts and just admit that you love them!

"Is mulk par AZAAB us din say parhna shruu huwa hey jab say LAL MASJID operation howa hey"

Well said by lots of people around our nation!

Now I have a question for all the people who were cursing the Army for carrying out the Lal Masjid Operation;

Are you satisfied now?

So you want us to condemn these guys but forget about how they came about?......no lal masjid massacre and there would have been no gazi force.

There was never any doubt in my mind that ARG was a terrorist. If he wasn't one, he wouldn't have allowed his "students" to build bunkers on the Mosque's wall and minarets. His entire clan of brainwashed "warriors" who've now emerged as the Ghazi Force (GF), were never innocent. True, there were a lot of innocent kids in Lal Masjid, but the operation was specifically meant to destroy the venom that was being fed to the innocent children.

Yeah yeah....and there where loads of foreign militants in lal masjid also but strangely no bodies.

The surviving Ghazi (Famously known for sporting a Burkah in order to save his rear) is now actively involved in terrorist activities and funding. He was a traitor back then and he's a traitor now and is probably behind the formation of this new group. Our agencies must pick him up and ensure that he's taken care of, before he starts challenging the state of Pakistan once again, in our capital city.

What stopped the govt the first time from putting him in jail?

As of right now, I don't think Lal Masjid is training any militants because the Army and Intelligence Agencies have been keeping a watchful eye on the compound and its daily functions. That's the right way to deal with Lal Masjid because of its sensitive and bloody past. The Ghazi & Co must never be given another chance to brainwash the students of Lal Masjid.

So lal masjid is not training terrorist then?

Last edited:
Bezerk you are spot on. The intelligence and police needs to keep an eye on these jehadi thugs. Two thumbs up for Musharraf and the Lal Masjid operation. Everyday people are beginning to open their eyes and realize how they were fooled by all the anti-musharraf propaganda back then.

The Ghazis openly said that they will bring shariah law to this country, even if that means opposing the state. Open traitors like this should be put down immediately. Imran Khan and JUI's (closet Talibanis) propaganda is failing completely. People are waking up to see that these people are enemies of Pakistan. I would like Imran Khan and these people to just openly declare their love for the Taliban, I mean seriously, who are they kidding? Have some guts and just admit that you love them!

The Lal Masjid should be taken over by the State and the traitor cleric Abdul Aziz should be charged with treason and inciting terrorism. He deserves to share his scumbag brother's fate.

So what else you were expecting from the guyx who lost their relatives. their teachers, in lal masjid operation? come forward and kiss the hands of PA? This is natural reaction after lal masjid operation...

"Is mulk par AZAAB us din say parhna shruu huwa hey jab say LAL MASJID operation howa hey"

Well said by lots of people around our nation!
Is mulk par azaab us din say parhna shuru huwa hay jab say logo nay talibans ko support karna shoro kia.Ab wohe log jinhay tum kehthay thay ye tu hamaray pyaray log hay how can we kill them mazay say tum he logo ko mar rahay hain.Enjoy the show.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Abdul Aziz should be shot dead in night..period.

So what else you were expecting from the guyx who lost their relatives. their teachers, in lal masjid operation? come forward and kiss the hands of PA? This is natural reaction after lal masjid operation...
oh yes killing innocent people through out the country who had nothing to do with lal masjid operation in suicide bombing a natural reaction. Ok let's assume it is, how come the families of people killed in suicide bombings are not responding in the same mannor? i.e. Strapping bombs to themselves and taking a few talibans with them. Because they are not terrorist. The thing is man, and you will never understand that, a terrorist is only a terrorist, no good is ever expected from them. They used lal masjid to grab sympathsies of people and started massacre of the same people in the guise of "natural reaction" to lal masjid. Doesn't it ever strike you that a normal human being, no matter what wrong was done to him, isn't capable of making a suicide vest, rigging cars with explosives, setting up IEDs etc, these are the works of highly trained terrorist with an intricate terror network. Our forces are trying to dismantle that network so this bloodshed can end.

Yaar these people wont understand unless they get killed in these suicide attacks.I think even then they will say in their graves koi baat hamaray apnay logo nay mara hay.

Lal Masjid (or any other Masjid) had never trained militants! Masjid are no one's! these are of Allaha's! so dont use these kinda words!

this is India and USA who are training militants and spreading them in Pakistan to create unrest! Lal Masjid operation was a mistake!

Yes, i agree with you Faisal.USA dropped terrorists in Lal Masjid from air from 20,000 feet.The terrorists and weapons were all dropped by US in lal masjid.The ghazi was a masoom
bacha.

They should have killed this Mullah the very moment they saw its him in Burqa, they talk about Bravery & death & look he tried to run under Burqa...

Before lal masjid Operation i got some CDs full of his Speeches & things they were teaching little Girls & boys & i m telling u for a moment i thought 'may be he's right', they are expert at Brain washing...
He must have been sent to jail

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom