What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

I would like to warn you about rapists! Please take care of your family members if you are taking them with you.

Was this necessary ? Since one stupid remark deserves another..

Relax, he & his family has survived suicide bombers - he will know how to manage himself in Delhi / New Delhi.

I am going to Delhi for the last One Day Match :yahoo:, all suggestions for entertainment from Delhites would be highly appreciated?

Cheers

What sort of inputs have you in mind - Theater, Movies, Malls , sight seeing ,Eateries ? I shall not be able to help with sleazy parts though.

Where are you planning to stay ? That will help give suggestions to places close by.

Actually area wise Lahore is a little bigger.

Lahore is 1772 square kilometers.

Delhi is 1484 square kilometers.

But i agree about the population.

It is Delhi NCR-33,578 km2

Badarpur-Cloverleaf-Delhi.jpg

DelhiFlyover_EDITED.jpg

Lahore has a GDP per capita of 5000 USD.

Delhi has a GDP per capita of 3315 USD.

List of Pakistani provinces by gross domestic product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Indian states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^ Delhi GDP per capita is taken from the report of Planning Commission of India for the year 2011–12.

While the report of Lahore is old and its GDP per capita is increased now.

While I am not a big fan of "wiki", the information provided is wrong. A simple calculation shows that they have placed the ppp value by mistake in the nominal section. The actual nominal per capita GDP of Lahore is ~1750$.

I had posted these videos before but since this thread specifically talks about Delhi, it makes sense to put them here as well for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am not a big fan of "wiki", the information provided is wrong. A simple calculation shows that they have placed the ppp value by mistake in the nominal section. The actual nominal per capita GDP of Lahore is ~1750$.

I had posted these videos before but since this thread specifically talks about Delhi, it makes sense to put them here as well for reference.

Lahore GDP is around 40 billion dollar the report is old i explained.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delhi's GDP from the same pwc report was ~$170 billion. Based on more recent estimates it is more than $200 billion. So how does it matter? Delhi's per capita GDP still comes out to be higher..... be it PPP or nominal GDP!

as of 2008(for both cities)...
GDP of Lahore- USD 40 billion.
GDP of Delhi- USD167 billion....so even if delhi population is 2 times highter than Lahore, its economy is about 4 times higher than Lahore.....

as of 2008(for both cities)...
GDP of Lahore- USD 40 billion.
GDP of Delhi- USD167 billion....so even if delhi population is 2 times highter than Lahore, its economy is about 4 times higher than Lahore.....

What's with the report of planning commission of india then?

And the report of Lahore is old i am telling you again.

In case people still harbour doubts!

report: https://www.ukmediacentre.pwc.com/imagelibrary/downloadMedia.ashx?MediaDetailsID=1562

comparative index: $ denominated GDP in PPP
Mumbai = $209 billion
Delhi = $167 billion
Kolkata = $104 billion
Chennai = $79 billion
Karachi = $78 billion
Bangalore = $69 billion
Hyderabad = $60 billion
Ahmedabad = $49 billion
Pune = $48 billion
Lahore = $40 billion

What's the latest nominal?

In case people still harbour doubts!

report: https://www.ukmediacentre.pwc.com/imagelibrary/downloadMedia.ashx?MediaDetailsID=1562

comparative index: $ denominated GDP in PPP
Mumbai = $209 billion
Delhi = $167 billion
Kolkata = $104 billion
Chennai = $79 billion
Karachi = $78 billion
Bangalore = $69 billion
Hyderabad = $60 billion
Ahmedabad = $49 billion
Pune = $48 billion
Lahore = $40 billion

Indian cities have left the Pakistani counterparts farrrr behind. There is no comparison anymore. Just having open parks in Islamabad doesn't mean it is an advanced city. Industries and services is what makes a city advanced. Pakistan is now atleast 2-3 decades behind in this field.

Indian cities have left the Pakistani counterparts farrrr behind. There is no comparison anymore. Just having open parks in Islamabad doesn't mean it is an advanced city. Industries and services is what makes a city advanced. Pakistan is now atleast 2-3 decades behind in this field.

2-3 decades is a very big thing.

BTW anyone got the latest nominal report?

Back
Top Bottom