What's new

Lahore Police Academy crises over | One gunman, five collaborators arrested

Your system has holes and moles. (ref AMs post).
It is not a mater of ease it is a matter of planning and the intent of the outcomes. In Mumbai and here I don’t believe the intent was for the terrorist to return alive. makes the plan simpler.

I don't get the moles and holes theory exactly.

But there are probably security leaks. I would still say attacking such targets is going to require support from somewhere. I doubt uneducated people like these simple people can carry out such operations, or even think them up.

The planning comes from elsewhere. There's the investigation report anyway suggesting a foreign hand.

plz give him the death penalty and give him a public execution we need to make an example out of these B@stards hang em all the surviving terrorists after they're tortured for information ofcourse :angry:
Why don't you want to keep 'em alive to deprive them of their "martyrdom"? That's what us Americans are being told we're supposed to do with the terrorists we capture.

Is Rehman Malik Blaming ISI for Lahore Attacks?
March 30, 2009

Time to cut off rail, air, and road links with India, including denying Indian airlines the right to use Pakistan airspace and denying Indian overland trade to Central Asia pending the investigations and a review by Pakistan of Indian activities inside and around Pakistan.

Ahmed Quraishi

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan—A second Mumbai-style attack in Lahore in less than a month, both targeting Lahore, a city that has traditionally bore the brunt of Indian-inspired terrorism inside Pakistan.

The level of training of these people and the choice of targets leaves little doubt that someone is trying to teach Pakistan a lesson. It is baffling to see Interior Advisor Rehman Malik so eager to quickly pin the blame on groups such as Lashkar Tayyeba or Lashkar Jhangvi that were active in the Kashmir freedom struggle in the past and are dormant now. Accusing these groups is an indirect swipe at the Pakistani security and intelligence agencies that implemented State policy in the past of supporting the freedom fighters inside the disputed territory with India.

Why is Mr. Malik not willing to consider the possibilty of Indian involvement? Is he afraid of upsetting the Brits or the Americans? He knows more than anyone else that we have conclusive evidence of Indian involvement in terrorism in Balochistan and the tribal belt. Unfortunately, Pakistani media projection is not as strong as the propaganda of the American and the British media that supresses these facts. Pakistan has shared this information at the highest levels with the Americans, who continue to protect the Indians in Afghanistan because of long term strategic interest.

Additionally, where are those local agents of Indian intelligence that were arrested from various Pakistani cities in the past few weeks and months near both the Indian and the Afghan borders? Why are we scared of bringing these people out? Please cut through the thick propaganda smokescreen of the biased Anglo-American media and let the world and the peaceful Indian public opinion also know about the activities of their security agencies.

There is no question that terrorists involved in the attack will eventually turn out to be Pakistanis. No foreign-induced covert terrorist operation can succeed without local elements. The only country other than the United States that has an elaborate, Pakistan-focused intelligence setup in Afghanistan is India. The Indians are actively using the chaos in Afghanistan to create a wedge between the U.S. and Pakistan by indirectly supporting terrorist elements. This is one level of the covert war in the region. The second element is the suspicion that the U.S. is supporting the insurgencies inside Pakistan either directly or through the Indians and possibly other players.

Since we are unable to make our concerns heard throughout the world because of the bias and the choking grip of the American and British media, the only other way to highlight the nefarious and terrorism-abetting activities of Indian security and intelligence agencies is by cutting off rail, air, and road links with India, including denying Indian airlines the right to use Pakistan airspace and denying Indian overland trade to Central Asia pending the investigations and a review by Pakistan of Indian activities inside and around Pakistan.

This is also the time to neutralize elements in the Pakistani government such as President Zardari and Mr. Rehman Malik whose assets, lives and apparently loyalties lie outside Pakistan. Democracy cannot be allowed to become a trojan horse for foreign powers to meddle in Pakistan.

Take action on India, Mr. Malik.

Is Rehman Malik Blaming ISI For Lahore Attack? Pakistan Ka Khuda Hafiz

Why don't you want to keep 'em alive to deprive them of their "martyrdom"? That's what us Americans are being told we're supposed to do with the terrorists we capture.
What are you talking about?These people are terrorists.They should be killed on spot no questions asked.Unfortunately, some extremist Muslims think if an American is giving death to some terrorist then he becomes hero because some American killed him so it's understandable and you guys can easily keep them in jails for whole life time but in Pakistan they should be killed.
1) They will be killed by Muslims so they will not be considered Martyred by extremist Muslims.
2) They killed several innocent people!
3) The Whole Pakistani nation is united now so we have opportunity to strike hard on Militants.

Last edited:
I agree with Cheetah - what's with the wild-west style firing in the air?

That's not how a disciplined unit behaves. That's how untrained militia react after they win.

If you've studied the law of gravity - which I think you have - you'll realize that the bullet will come down at pretty much the same speed at which it goes up - so if you're unlucky enough to be in the trajectory - be prepared to say hello to your grandparents.

Gentlemen,

My apologies but I'm late to this story.

You've two hostage situations, do you not- eleven police or F.C. in Landi Kotel and then this in Lahore.

I know nothing here as of the time I'm posting 0640 hr PST in the states. What is the current status of both situations? Can anybody succinctly summarize?

Thanks.

Here you go! I summarized it a few pages back.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/339080-post287.html

Is Rehman Malik Blaming ISI for Lahore Attacks?
March 30, 2009

Perhap Rehman Malik realizes that speculation and opinions on who perpetrated these attacks is going to be rife.

While he should have refrained from pointing fingers at any group as others should refrain from pointing fingers at India, until more evidence comes to light, his statement is perhaps an attempt to sway public opinion in support of what is the largest threat facing Pakistan currently, violent extremist organizations in Pakistan.

This is less about blaming the ISI and more about planting seeds in the pubic discourse over the culpability of Pakistani elements IMO. Zaid Hamid and the rest of the gang will do more than enough to point the finger at India in the media I am sure.

Pakistan paramilitary troops at the police training school on the outskirts of Lahore
8e2c74ea01e3f37c55dde5a80a630eae._.jpg

Yes the aerial firing was really unacceptable. But as I noted the Elite Force or the Rangers were not involved; it was those police-men who were hanging around and obviously very emotional over what happened to their facility.

In the trench warfare of the First War World the Germans actually employed angled aerial firing of machineguns as complimentary artillery if you will against British/French trenches.

My friend’s garage in Karachi had metal plate roof, and after the New Year’s midnight aerial firing we noticed a hole in the roof of the garage, a hole in the roof of his car and a hole in the leather seat of the car where the bullet had embedded itself. People have died due to aerial firing in weddings too that is why it is disallowed in the military.

Perhap Rehman Malik realizes that speculation and opinions on who perpetrated these attacks is going to be rife.

While he should have refrained from pointing fingers at any group as others should refrain from pointing fingers at India, until more evidence comes to light, his statement is perhaps an attempt to sway public opinion in support of what is the largest threat facing Pakistan currently, violent extremist organizations in Pakistan.

This is less about blaming the ISI and more about planting seeds in the pubic discourse over the culpability of Pakistani elements IMO. Zaid Hamid and the rest of the gang will do more than enough to point the finger at India in the media I am sure.

Whoever is behind the scene, it is sure, the freedom fighters who are fighting Indian Occupational Forces in Kashmir are not in any way involved in this. Now after the Swat Peace Deal, it is unlikely that Swat based Talibans are involved, rather the group of Behtullah Mehsud is more likely to be involved in this, and yes RAW influences on them cannot be denied. Well, lets see what comes after the primary investigation.

Actually the Taliban term is very confusing, and enemies exploit its confusing identity for their interests.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom